1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Ajax has not had a one horse race to win though.

We should be light years ahead of every other team but last season showed the zombies closed the gap a bit more.

Last years lack of investment cost the club millions, this isn’t the first time that’s happened and it looks like the board are rolling the wait and see dice once again this season.

The IRA and Dazzler86 like this.
  2. Pogues

It's not just about replacing players though. It's replacing players with quality, better than we have that will improve our chances in the champions league. Persuading players like that to come to the Scottish league and paying the going rate in transfers and wages is a difficult job. It's easy to replace players with the Stephen odonnells or over the hill frees.

3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Isn't this double standards though? When the rumours of Rodgers first emerged there was the whole romantic story about the huns partying like huns in front of Desmond, in an area reserved for the reserved, a skint people laughing in the face of a bona fide self made billionaire who is more than that, a pure Tim. I believe that because Ronny wasn't that big of a failure to make us go right to the very top, there was something passionate about the signing of Rodgers, from us anyway if not the great pretender.

Yet when something goes wrong Lawwell gets the blame?

Of course Rodgers was promised his own staff, it's normal for even the average manager to get that if they want. It was a huge problem for Ronny, a fish out of water needs a lending hand and he had no *. He would've done so much better if he was allowed time to gather his troops but we sacked Lenny without notice and had to cover our blushes.

That was Lawwell's fault no doubt about it.

The whole Rodgers fiasco, from the great times to the bad, I don't know who to blame or give credit but we can't be picking and choosing.

You know what's nuts though and why I love this club and our fans, we have a billionaire Tim on the board and never complain about him not spoiling us with gifts cause we understand quality is a flame that comes from a spark.

Drinking too early for the new season is always going to produce 2am posts in the afternoon, Mon the Hoops!!! :party22:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We didn't sack Lenny, mate. Lenny left, because he wasn't getting the backing he both needed and had earned (though that hasn't stopped some people deciding he was appointed as a yes man this time for some reason). Ronny didn't have "no *"; he was given the help of John Collins and John Kennedy. Is it normal for managers to insist on their own scouting network? That's a genuine question by the way. I assumed not (it certainly wasn't normal when I was young); but I don't follow football apart from Celtic anymore, so maybe I'm wrong these days.

Lilac Wine and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Lawwell is the type of * to promise you a new Audi when you pass your test. Then when you pass he buys you a Nissan Micra, "Just to run around in while they put the finishing touches on the Audi".

Then in 6 months time he's giving it, "There's still plenty of life left in that wee Micra!"

6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe cause the EPL is flaunting pish drivers in Audis and we're using Micras to see how the can handle being a driver and not a * looking out the side window saying look at me I'm amazing, I have no * idea but look at this motor it's big, big is such an awesome word I put it in front of my name now you wee diddies look up to meeee!!!!!!!

Random ffs, if you were in Lenny's place after a successful time and you said "I like Big Sammy, he's very important in big games to me." and Lawwell said "He's got no meaning for us, can't sell him, can't rely on him, who * knows what ye're getting when Big Mick starts talking pish?"

Would you stay at a club who disrespected your achievements in such a fashion? They undervalued Lenny and a lot of folk did and still do but thankfully now they've seen how blind the bright lights can make ye and realised proven quality and genuine affection for our club are a rare thing in these strange times when sunset will surely follow sunrise. Intended no pun because we are in heavy waters with all the glitter on TV like a full moon making some folk barking mad our expectations.

7. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    You honestly feel we have struggled to get a right back better than we have for 2 years now that wants to play for us.

Or is it not more likely we aren't paying the going rate

8. Pogues

No sure about the two years, but, if you believe the media reports, we've been trying to get a couple of right backs this transfer window. You obviously think the failure comes down to lawell not wanting to pay the going rate but maybe these guys didn't fancy Scottish football and had offers elsewhere (as all decent players will).

By the way, the right back we've signed looked good enough to me today (early days right enough). Hope the injury isnae too bad.

9. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    I want the fat * so far to *. We win trophies in spite of this * selling our best player under our nose. Why the * do I spend 1000s a season to be constantly * off at the baffling decisions of the club. He only cares about his bonus, if you think this Tierney money is being reinvested then you haven't been watching for the last 10 years.

Avatar Daizen and Solidsnake like this.
  10. Murph-E

Sneekit * our board. There we are, 8th of August tomorrow when the Tierney deal goes through, and our net spend will be -£13million.

-£13million hahahahahha.

If we don't splash out at LEAST £10mil+, they're just openly ripping the * out of us and getting away with it.

Solidsnake likes this.
  11. Ak1

I just don't get it?

Over the past 3 years we've had;

Record season ticket and sponsorship deals
    Van * fee and then sell on
    Big Armstrong and Rodgers transfer fees
    Dembele sold for close to 20m
    2 X champions league money.

Every season were told 'our club' is well run financially

So why the desperate need to sell KT?

A new pitch, disco lights and a museum-hotel should be well within the club's existing budget.

12. Sentinel

It's the fact we can qualify for the Champions League group stages far more easily if we just have adequate replacements in place before we get to the qualifiers. It's this constant Russian roulette and need to sell to balance the fact that we won't make it that makes me want to commit atrocities in the name of all that is sensible and obvious.

I want to know what bonuses these invisible and unaccountable board members etc receive based upon turnover etc. If they are receiving extra money based off of us selling our best players and replacing them with cheap alternatives, or worse, nothing at all, then clearly that is against the betterment of the club and even the business itself.

It's so hard to complain coming off of a treble treble and we all sound like whingeing snowflake millennials, but if there is ever a club in football that seems to try so * hard to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Sadly nothing will ever change. We all knew this was coming, didn't we? Hundreds of pages on KT's page about stay or go, but really we knew. Celtic fans greatest strength can also be their greatest weakness and the board etc know this. We will always support the team and put money into their coffers.

If none of this money is used adequately by the end of the transfer window, the fans need to have one strong voice and demand some form of change. I won't hold my breath.

Ak1 likes this.
  13. sabzz1888

DD's show off and playtoy.

Nothing changes till he * off and takes the other * like liewell with him.

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Get some money spent ya fat *...

Murph-E likes this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will be more than that when Sinclair is sold also!

Murph-E likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Since the end of the season 2018/19

14 players have left (if KT and Sinclair deals go through)

Over £250,000 a week taken off the wage bill with them 14 away. That’s £13m off the wage bill per year!

But this fat * will still get his bonus!

17. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

he's away to buy some lasers as we speak

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Some of the criticism wouldn't be so bad if it was actually based on reality but, as usual, it isn't. It's laughable.

Player wanted out and it's the Clubs fault somehow :52:

19. Murph-E

Aye, the club were desperate to turn down £25mil and didn't encourage the move at all.

20. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Isnt lawwells fault other teams are richer than us. Still think he does a good job tbh.