1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Days Gone

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by dbhoy72, Jul 23, 2019.

Discuss Days Gone in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not sure if there was just talk in other threads, just started this, it's a kinda mix of Daylight and Last of Us. Only really started, but not as impressed as thought I'd be.

I hate all this different type of Zombies, although granted I may have only cam up on 2 so far, maybe 3. I prefer the slow moving, instead of the quicker ones.

2. Darnok

It is a bit of a slow burner of a game. I thought the beginning was fun, and it got better as it went on. Many other people thought it was crap at the beginning, but agree that it gets better later.

3. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I liked the kinda premise of it but thought it looked pretty crap in the review videos so never bothered with it. Seen it's pretty buggy as well.

4. Darnok

I bought it a month after release and played on the Pro, and never saw any bugs. The only thing that happened was some frame-rate drops in the latter stages of the game. The reviews were way off on this one, with IGN and Gamespot being particularly bad.

Artorias likes this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It's been okay, a but same samey with missions. Story's are the thing that usually grab me so will see how that develops.

6. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I am playing through this just now(I got it off that Facebook marketplace still sealed for a score) and it has been brilliant. Maybe just so perfectly suited as my kind of game but I have loved it.

7. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry

Agree, got it last week and I love it. Hasn't been that buggy either

Artorias likes this.
  8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I have had one or two very light bugs. One was a guy who was dead just floating in air but as if he was sitting on an invisible bike. Game is gorgeous looking too. The only complaints that come to mind is when he maybe comments on something that is being said but is saying it over the information you are still trying to hear. He(Your character) sometimes shouts his thoughts because you are on the bike so you can hear it but you might be sitting stationary. I love all the stealth invoved in the game, one that I think about quite a lot when I am not playing and always choking for a shot.

Jamesy Bhoy 7 likes this.
  9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah it is good. I'm terrible with the hordes though I panic and start exploding things all over the gaff and running away.

Did a mission to collect fertiliser and just kept on coming back to the horde and doing as much damage as I could until I withered them down.

Story's went a bit out there mind you, but thought it would.

Jamesy Bhoy 7 and Artorias like this.
  10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Yeah I get that too, another minor gripe is he tends to shout to much when hes talking but again very small issues, I'm looking forward to the 2nd half of the game because apparently it really picks up.

Artorias likes this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Might be ready to stick a hammer through the disc.

Got to which maybe the final mission and the screen just goes black and nothing. I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Completed it, quite liked the ending, although as usual after you complete it a few things can be played too.

Gonna try for a wee bit longer and believe there is a secret ending that comes up too.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Rattled through this over the last week. Finished it earlier today.

Don't understand the low scores it got from some places. Thought the characters were good, the story was interesting and the world itself was well put together. Pretty good combat as well with lots of options to use when fighting enemies.

* hordes though.:giggle1: Only ones I fought were the essential ones in the story. It's a cool concept but I didn't enjoy doing it at all. That sawmill ones honestly took me about 45 mins because I kept running away then coming back to kill a dozen or so at a time.

It doesn't need a sequel, but I'd like another game in that world.

Jamesy Bhoy 7 and Artorias like this.
  14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It got low scores because it was buggy as * when released. I think I played after it was a year out and been patched up. Should have just delayed the game til good. One of my faves from last gen. Defo with you on not needing another but I would welcome one. I loved the hordes, would very quickly get out of control with the sheer numbers, was exciting.

Gyp Rosetti and Jamesy Bhoy 7 like this.
  15. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Massively underrated game although I do think the game has a built a solid fanbase from the first game.
    I think a sequel is likely especially with how the first game ended and if they do make another I hope they move it to an urban city environment, adding that horde mode to a city with skyscrapers would have huge potential, imagine 'I am legend ' the game.

Gyp Rosetti and Artorias like this.
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Played it over the last couple of weeks and finished it. Got it free months ago on PS Plus.

Massively underrated.

Thought the story and character development was excellent. Gameplay is addictive too. Only negative I saw was some of the cutscenes being a bit weird and a lot of loading screens.

Also had one or two bugs. One I was constantly on fire, taking no damage just the visual. Another part of the map wasn’t loading in so Sarah would fall down a hole and couldn’t progress. Just reloaded and it was fine.

Officer Doofy, Artorias and HTG like this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    100% agree, completed it back in April and I absolutely loved it. Was really disappointing to find out the sequel had been cancelled.

Actually preferred it to Horizon Zero Dawn, which I played shortly after.

18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Posted before I got the proper ending too.

Mental they aren’t pushing a sequel because that’s something excellent to build off.

Artorias likes this.