1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The only other option I'm seeing is Johnston who is still very young. Arzani is in the same boat and even more raw.

I would be wary of people wanting to rely on him too much despite his start in pre season.(Johnston). As I said above if you were able to promise me that we would put his 30k a week (Sinclair) towards a quality LW..I'd change my mind probably at this stage. But I dont trust us to.

I know hes on a good wage. What I'm saying is I no longer really care about that side of things as much. If the club decide to move him on because of that, fair play. But if not I wont moan about it. Because over the course of a full season his experience could come in handy again.

I think hes looked sharper whenever he has played this pre season. Would like him to be given a shot but lennon doesn't seem keen...which ultimately will be the deciding factor.

tarboltontim likes this.
  2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Its not fair to say he isn't in Lennons plans when we're currently only playing 1 game a week. We're upto 2 games a week till Christmas from next week on. I dony fancy relying on MJ to that extent yet. Arzani is still a while away from fitness and I'm still not seeing it with Morgan. Sinclair will be playing and contributing if he's here.

The huns going to the wall and years of Lawell talking pish have some of ye far more sensitive to our finances then need be. Were going for history over the next 2 long seasons and some of ye are scared to have a high earner that might not start all the time. That's before ye go into this season happy with 2 20 year olds and a largely unproven 22 year old as your options at the position.

His goals are guaranteed. (Already has 1 in the 20 mins hes played this year). Aye the overall play isn't there often but It's plain stupid to risk 15-20 guaranteed goals from a LEFT WINGER when we're chasing history.

Xatraps, Jonybhoy, Lilac Wine and 2 others like this.
  3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

For 35K a week he’s not worth it in my opinion now, yes he’ll score goals but he’ll also miss plenty, constantly pass back instead of taking defenders on and not work for the team as much as Morgan and MJ have shown so far * even Eddy who played left wing/striker role the other night.

I’d take the 2.5M, give chances to Johnston, Morgan, Shved, Arzani etc. With Griff back, Christie, McGregor, Forrest and Eddy gives us plenty goals.

4. freitassen

Most of the goals he scores "recently" (for more than one year now) are penalties, sitters, against bad opposition, in already decided matches, sometimes the three things at once. The vast majority will simply be scored by someone else when he leaves. There has to be higher expectations for a guy earning more than Brown or Tierney. Strange that a club so famous for being "financially wise" passes the chance of offloading what has been a bench player for long now and saving 35k. At the same time it doesnt kill the drama and puts a "not for sale" tag on Tierney.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When was his last goal outside the box?

Honestly can't remember..

It's good that a winger can get in the box and finish in the striker positions but he misses loads from outside and in..

Think our goals will be shared around more this season as well. Already seeing it. Johnston, McGregor, Christie, Griff, Edouard, Ajer. Forrest, Shved, Rogic, Jullien, Simunovic, Bayo, Arzani plus whoever we bring in at midfield, up top and right back will all be scoring this season..

Boli and Elhamed have both chipped in at their old side's as well..

6. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Won’t be against him leaving

7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    2.5m, frees up 30k+ a week..
    No brainer.
    Lenny clearly doesn't rate him, hefty wage to spend the season sitting on the bench..
    Also the risk of next year, getting * all for selling him.

8. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

he has worse season on season so far. i fear to think what he will be like next season

9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    FFS. :57:

First season he was players player of the year.

I hope you are joking anyway.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    I personally think he gets treated a little harshly by some of us. He is still a top player to have in the squad, and i hate the it’ll free up some wages argument being used. Unless we went out and bought a superior player and paid him the wage sinclair is on, then it is pointless letting him go.

11. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

that is the point i was making in his first season he was good but even then the last 3 months he went off the boil the second season was up and down and last season even Rodgers ended up benching him clearly he is regressing as a player

12. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Aye, alright pal.

So you think the decline is set in stone ? When he came here folk would have said the same, however his first season was better than "good". Who is to say in a new team with a new style he can't kick on again ? It doesn't appear he is in Lenny's plans much but to use the last three seasons as you did just seems mental to me.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  13. JamesM09

I think he gets a lot of unfair stick. His first season he was fantastic because he regularly played in his best position.

Season 2 and 3 he blew hot and cold because he kept being asked to play as a wing back.

Play him in his best position in a 4-2-3-1 with a good LB supporting him and he’ll have a great season.

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. clonbhoy

This is a tough one to call. We all know what an in-form Scott Sinclair gives us, but the problem is he hasn't been in-form for a long time.
    If the wages were definitely going to be reinvested back in to the playing squad I would like to think the wages could be spent on a top quality player that would make more of an impact than Sinclair has in recent times, but if that isn't the case I would rather hang on to him and hope he gets his confidence and form back.

15. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It makes absolutely no sense to loan him out to Preston NE.
    The little I've seen of him this season has been good: he's looked lively and willing and has proven he can still score goals. It's a gamble to rely on MJ to replace Sinclair's goals. Sinclair's played very little recently but we've not yet seen a settled team and he makes a very useful addition to any team. It would be an expensive luxury to have him on the bench most of the season.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There's zero chance he'll be loaned out..

We would've just released him..

clonbhoy likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye he might only score 16 this season.

snails67, neilly1987, Tommy25 and 5 others like this.
  18. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Can't even get a start in a second string side..
    Time to get rid.

19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    That's the thing for me.

I'd be astonished if we used his free wage for anything worthwhile.

Regardless it seems like his time is up.

Jax Teller likes this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So we must've extended his deal before Lenny got the job?

I don't know if he's in his plans or not, I'd be very surprised if he's not because he's definitely a great player to have in the squad at the very least cause who are we expecting to play the whole season?