1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christie vs Rogic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stubhoy07, Jul 27, 2019.

Discuss Christie vs Rogic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Horses for courses.

2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Both fully fit Christie has the edge overall because he can do it all levels. Said it a million times but Rogic style of play is ineffective against the best.

Would love a near fully fit rogic back in to play the packed defences of the league though. Alongside Christie, and Cal. The time they had together was the best football we played of BRs time.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Christie.

Maybe doesn’t quite have the skill of Rogic, but he’s more of a goalscoring threat, far more energetic, does the dirty work and is just a much better athlete.

Rogic breaks down constantly. He can’t be trusted to put a string of games together, never mind good performances.

Xatraps likes this.
  4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Rogic is, currently, the better footballer but Christie is more valuable to the team as he actually plays more often than not.

I can't see Rogic ever being injury free, or match fit enough to play the majority of a season for us, so he will always be a luxury player. It would be wonderful to have a fully fit injury free Rogic, I just can't ever see it happening.

5. TheHappyLoss

Rogic has more skill Christie is more explosive. Totally different players so abstaining

6. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Without doubt our best performances last season domestically and in Europe came with that midfield three.

Not only as a unit which was so efficient and so effective, but each player seemed to complement the other to the extent that each player was individually outstanding on their own as well.

I'd like to see more of that combination this season.

Tommy25 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  7. Goggzy60

I chose Christie as I would sell Rogic.

8. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    Huge fan of rogic but I think Christie will be player of the year. Best spell of last season was Christie, rogic and McGregor in centre mid

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Voted Rogic and expected to be in the minority. Like others have said, don't forget just how good this guy is.

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    At the moment christie. Rogic is the better footballer but he is no where near consistent or fit enough, would sell him if we got a bid of around 13mil.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Christie..

Rate Rogic highly but he needs to show up this year..

charlietully likes this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Christie. Simply has more energy and impacts more games.

Rogic needs to find fitness and stay fit. Too often last season he looked unfit and lethargic and had too many games where he was ineffective. Its a shame because he has bags of natural talent but i fear he might never realise the potential he has due to his fitness issues.
    Id sell him unless he was willing to retire from international football because he will never be able to give us the productivity needed at a top club.

13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Whoever is playing well

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Or we could just not play him through injuries, giving him injections to play him was another insane decision by Rodgers last season.

Christie gets a lot of credit for our purple patch before Christmas, people forget that Rogic was also unreal at that part and, not coincidentally, it coincided with him actually being fit.

People who don’t think Rogic effects games aren’t watching him properly, he’s the ultimate link between midfield and attack, he uses the space, he’s the one that holds the ball up or turns on the ball like lightning to give us a better edge.

Christie’s * hot and deserves his place but people are going overboard with their opinion on Rogic. Two excellent options to have, and can also play together.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I think you misinterpreted my post as a whole. Im not is doubting what Rogic does on his day. My point is that he doesnt do it enough.
    In the away game against Rangers he was slated, he was not in good form and in my opinion there is no way he should have started that game. Yes there were a few who didnt turn up in those games at Ibrox but Rogic was a total passenger and looked completely devoid of fitness.

What you fail to mention is that Rogic has next to no defensive responsibility or expectations on his shoulders. Christie offered more and gave us goals from midfield also. Sutton hits the nail on the head today..

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-christie-tom-rogic-celtic-18784503

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Rogic and it’s not even close.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I kinda went on a rant there at the end. Yes, he wasn’t fit for most of the season. He was taking injections to play, and we were playing him through it.

I’m not judging him on last year, that’s on us. I’ll judge him on his previous three where he was doing it consistently every week.

I don’t think it’s one or the other.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Both good players who offer something different, and there is room for them both in the starting XI.

Luckily, we don't have to choose one over the other.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    His national manager should be told this year that he's focusing on his club form and trying to get fit. Rogic owes that to us..

Our first 6 month's of last season he'd just been at a world cup in Russia and was then at the Asian cup in Qatar by the end of December/start of January..

He was playing through knee injections for club and country, even though his national manager slated the club over it. Then took him early from a vital game away at the huns and didn't even play him first off. Likes of Son for South Korea went at least a week later..

He needs to knuckle down, get fit and give US his 100% best this season..

If we get that we're laughing..

I agree it isn't one or the other but right now, Christie is ahead of him. Both can easily play in the same side.....but Rogic can't be carried or a man down this season..

G_portillo and Liam Scales like this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Top of their game its Broony that drops out for me...

McGregor
    Rogic Christie

oh bhoy, neilly1987 and McChiellini.. like this.