1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's not leaving.

2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon on Tierney: “It’s as you were really. I’ve had no information other than two bids came in from Arsenal and we rejected them. There’s been no further inroads really into that”. “We’re in a good position. We have no intentions of selling, he’s under a long term-contract”.

[​IMG]

1:48 pm · 23 Jul 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
    Retweets

Belgian_lad and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sun claiming he will still go to Arsenal.

Lenny in Evening Times says it’s done (their interest) and even though he expects bids, he could stay!

Papers doing their best to stir *

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON admits he’s stunned there’s been no transfer stampede for Kieran Tierney.

Arsenal are the only club so far to table an offer for the Celtic starlet.

But negotiations have stalled over a £25million deal, with the Gunners unwilling to pay the entire fee up front and boss Lennon said: “Yes, I’m surprised there’s only one club in for Kieran, even though I’m glad. But it shows the position we’re in.

“Kieran is one of our best players, and you don’t sell your best players lightly or short-change yourself.

We are in a position where we don’t need to do that and it’s not a question of being bullied or pushed into it.”

Despite reports Arsenal had walked away from the deal, SunSport understands the Premier League club ARE still in the frame.

Napoli are also waiting in the wings should they offload left-back Mario Rui.

Both clubs, though, will have to match Celtic’s £25m valuation if they want to land Tierney.

Arsenal have already had two bids turned, down, but with the English transfer window open until August 8, it seems likely they will return to the table.

That could mean a re- adjusted offer, with more cash up front and the remainder coming after certain revised contract clauses are met.

Lennon added: “It’s a question of us standing firm. It’s a question of us saying Kieran is our player, he’s come through the ranks, he’s a brilliant player on a long-term contract, so if you want him then you need to pay X amount of money.”

Asked if the Gunners were guilty of penny-pinching, Lennon said: “I can’t comment on Arsenal’s signing strategy. We were quite firm on our valuation and it wasn’t met.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's all about their 3rd bid, they know exactly what is required to get KT, just depends on how badly they want him.

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I’m not surprised there is only 1 club in for him just now, not many teams will * at least £25M on a full back especially after an injury hit season. If he stays injury free this season and hits form again then there will be a lot of clubs in for him next summer.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON knows where Kieran Tierney’s heart is.

Right now, though, he wants inside his head.

Celtic through and through, KT’s love for all things green and white isn’t an act, it’s genuine diehard devotion.

Yet Hoops boss Lennon has been in the game long enough to see a situation developing which could easily tear Tierney apart.

Arsenal’s interest in the young Scotland left-back is real, to the extent they are prepared to pay him life-changing sums of money every week.

Everyone knows the Gunners want Tierney, and Celtic want £25million for him.

But as talks look like stalling, the burning question is still unanswered. What is it Tierney wants?

Lennon said: “As far as I am aware, it is finished. I don’t know if Arsenal are going to meet our valuation. So it is basically as you were.

That may be difficult for Kieran to get his head around, or he comes back to the fold and gets on with things.

“I’ll have to speak to him about it and I’m sure the club will as well. But it may rumble on as well, I don’t know.

“Arsenal might be the first of many who raise their head above the parapet.

“Until the window closes, we can’t relax and I’m sure Kieran can’t either.

I know, having been in that position myself, how unsettling it is. There’s no question about that. Sometimes your mind races away with you.

“You try and tell him to just stay in the present and let things take their natural course, but it is difficult when you are young and ambitious.

“All I can say to him is, ‘Let it happen if it is going to happen’.

“If it doesn’t, then try and re-engage yourself to do what you are good at, which is being around Celtic.

“Kieran is still doing his rehab, so it has been difficult for him from that aspect.

“He is frustrated by the injury and the pain he is still getting from the pelvic area.

“But Kieran is grounded, he has done a lot in his career and he is only 22.

“So he has not really grown into his clothes yet, if you know what I mean. Until you get to 25, then there is still a boyishness about you at times.

“But the first step is to get Kieran fit before anything else happens. He’ll be happier in his own mind once he does that. He’s trying to do that at the minute.

“It is difficult, but he is not one of those fly-by-night players who comes in and is a mercenary.

Kieran has been through the system and you know what Celtic means to him.

“It would be a huge wrench to him and his family if he were to go and he has made that clear.

“Again, we are talking hypothetically here. The deal, as far as I’m aware, is not happening. We are delighted about that, obviously, and it’s just a question of appeasing his mind now.”

Lennon has almost had to plan for life without Tierney realising there’s a possibility he won’t be at Celts much longer.

Lenny added: “That’s right. It’s not an advantage, it’s a disadvantage, but he has been injured anyway. So he hasn’t really come into my thinking in terms of training or team set-up.”

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Reads to me like KT deffo wants off and the amount Lenny keeps talking about it...I get the impression he wouldn't mind it either..

Everyone will read it their own way but that's my hunch on both..

Marie and aliceinsound like this.
  9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Deadline day written all over it.

10. aliceinsound

Not having a go at him it's a tough decision to make, but the more he seems to want to go the less bothered I am about him staying tbh.

Marie likes this.
  11. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    You can imagine Rodgers sending text messages to Kieran trying to convince him to jump ship like him and play in the Premier League. I'd be surprised if he hasn't been.

12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If arsenal have indeed pulled away that’s excellent news. I think the club could make it even better by sitting KT down & giving him a vastly improved contract to ensure he’s happy to stay here for the 10.
    Let him know the club won’t stand in his way if the right offer comes in after that.

He’s not just another asset, he’s one of us, so
    People saying we could lose £25 million if his injuries prevent us selling him, How? we didn’t spend £25 million to get him so I don’t accept that point.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, new contract, same length, wee wage bump and a £40m buy out clause.

Spring Time and Lilac Wine like this.
  14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We definitely need to start putting in BOCs to prevent this kind of saga in the future,

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Am same as @McGuire am reading that Tierney wants out and if that’s the case I think he is bang in the * wrong! If he has made a noise about leaving after all his comments this close to history in terms of consecutive league titles then he will go down in my estimations tbh!

Don’t want an unhappy player but then you read he won’t rock the boat but * knows my * nut is nippin with it day in and day out now!

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If he goes and with Perraud signing for the boobies.

You must go and get Melling to compete with Bolingoli!

Myself, @JC Anton and others have been saying melling since the 2017 match against Rosenborg ffs!

JC Anton likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lenny saying we should hold out for more than £25m!

Sure someone said on here the £25m is just the point we need to let the agent know but can still reject

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I don’t think Meling is as good as we all initially thought.

Norwegian bloke on 90 Minute Cynic was saying he finds it baffling how so many Celtic fans want Meling because he’s bang average.

MagicBallBhoy and rickyroma25 like this.
  19. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Lennons comnents are far from encouraging there ffs.

If KT does want to go then bye mate.

See ya.

I dont believe in holding on to players who dont want to be here. "Tim" or no.

That being said its entirely up to Arsenal, and it would appear their strategy is to frustrate as much as possible and hope for KT to push it over the line for them on deadline day.

We should make it clear that NO last minute bids will be accepted, to both Arsenal and KT.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Surprise, surprise :56: