1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Danny Simpson not coming in on trial

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Jul 17, 2019.

Discuss Danny Simpson not coming in on trial in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Strangling a woman isn't just snapping it goes beyond that. Like many have said if it was your daughter you wouldn't be so quick to defend him. Imagine telling your Dad this as a woman and he's like "Yeah but were you pushing him to do it, I mean you may have forced him to reach his snapping point" it's ridiculous. It's basically victim blaming. If Simpson cannot handle an argument with a woman without having to strangle her then I'd say I'm a bit of better human being than he is as I know I'd never have to resort to that. You can't justify the unjustifiable by saying he reached his snapping point or whatever nonsense. At the very least it shows emotional immaturity on his part at worst it shows something much deeper.

The fact you're getting so defensive about the whole thing is a bit alarming by the way.

DennyCelt, Liam Scales, seanm and 4 others like this.
  2. ViolentTenacity

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings #7
    What a terribly misogynistic thing to come away with. If he had choked out his long term 'flatmate' Gary. Would that be absolutely sick in the head with no remorse? Or is that okay. Gary a fella. He can handle it. I in no way am defending this *. But your attempts at being a pious * just make my stomach churn. What ya hiding ya dafty?

3. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Regardless of his off field public incidents, I feel we should be investing money on RB position rather than a 32 year old has been from the richest league in the world on a freebie. People forget that at times it's the richest league in the world but there are loads of bang average players in the league. Reading my previous post with the Leicester metro link it doesn't sound like he is keen on us anyway so maybe a blessing in disguise

4. Jeremie Frimpong

Simpson's girlfriend pushed him to assault her?

Every single last one of us would strangle an innocent woman? No.

Domestic abuse of any kind is detestable, and it need not be repeated or prolonged to be severe: choking the life out of someone who us unable to resist you is about as severe as it gets, short of seeing that through to its conclusion.

Any normal person would be morally outraged by that, scumbag.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  5. Jeremie Frimpong

* up.

Using violence against people who are unable to defend themselves, male or female, is despicable.

Tommy25, Garrymac1888 and The IRA like this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Christ. The wife beaters out in force today.

The IRA likes this.
  7. johnnybhoy777

Of course, when anyone tries to temper the hysteria of branding all crimes of this ilk the same, with zero regard for severity, circumstance, background or punishment served and to suggest that every man and women is capable of snapping and committing acts of violence and stupidity given the right/wrong series of events -which is a demonstrably true statement to make- the next course of action to be taken by the moral grifter is to accuse the person making these rational and evident points of the crimes being discussed themselves.

You just called me a woman beater

The use of outrage to elevate one self in social structures is one of the lowest forms of pandering and it truly is disgusting.

Ps. Perhaps Im more inclined to take a broader and less condemning view of people who have done wrong because I've had to do some forgiving in my life... but I'm sure that explanation won't get you as many "likes" or make you feel as tall on your soapbox throwing stones

GARRISON, Gully Sands and TimFloyd like this.
  8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Has it been officially recognized that he is actually coming for a trial?

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. Jeremie Frimpong

What if he had held on a little longer - a little too long? What would have happened?

Why are you trying to paint people who are disgusted by his actions as oversensitive or unusual? You are the odd one out here if you believe that they are acceptable.

10. johnnybhoy777

Being the odd one out does not make one wrong.

Im not looking to argue about the particulars of this case as I was not at the trial but the judge was and she sentenced Simpson to community service which was changed to a curfew. If there was a charge of attempted murder to be made then I'm sure they would have made it.

I have zero problem with him playing football at Celtic Park other than he is 32, well past his prime and not the answer to our RB problem

GARRISON likes this.
  11. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Well I'm still waiting for these, because I'm not buying the whole snapping point thing. People can snap by shouting or screaming back, walking out the door, even smashing a plate or something like that if they're really *. But what you're doing here is suggesting that snapping to the extent of choking a woman is something that should be forgiven.

Let's not forget here the argument starter with Simpson trying to take the shoes off of his ex-girlfriend (ones he had bought) and ended with him strangling her. It hardly sounds to me like his ex came up to him to start an argument and was in his face provoking him or even being violent with him and then he just snapped. He said he was trying to take the shoes off her because he didn't think she "deserved" them. I mean the more you read about the whole thing the less you think of Simpson snapping in the heat of the moment and the more you begin to think of him as a controlling sociopath. Also judging by what he said it almost seems as if he thinks he did no wrong. So to reiterate he was trying to take shoes off her and in his attempts at doing so he ended up strangling her.

I'm all for forgiving people. If they've stolen something, maybe caused some criminal damage to something I own or said some abusive things to me. But this is just something else entirely. I don't think people realise the psychological effects that domestic abuse can have on women long term too. They end up questioning if they did deserve what happened, it scars them, makes them unwilling to trust anyone for a long time and there'll always be that fear there. It doesn't help when there's people like you willing to forgive and justify the actions so quickly.

You can call me a white knight, a moral compass or whatever but to me this is something that's incredibly serious and something that I don't think should be ignored especially by the club.

12. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Whatever way you dress it up grabbing someone by the throat is wrong.

Anyway It's a no from me.

13. johnnybhoy777

Im sure what led to and occurred during the events of that night were much more complicated than you've described. It makes it easier to condemn when you simplify things though doesn't it?

I also dont think there is anything we should be condemning someone for the rest of his or her life for... to an extent. There is a point where even I will start calling for someone to be hung even if my better judgement argues against it.

I find men who like to "whiteknight" too much and too loudly to be in the most part sneaky and to have other agendas frankly.

And finally, no I dont think a football club should be the arbiters of morality or justice, thats why we have courts and a judiciary. Especially Celtic. If you applied the same logic you are using for Simpson elsewhere then Im surprised you're still a member of this forum.

GARRISON likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The West of Scotland suffers greatly from alcoholism, betting addiction and domestic violence..

There’s a reason those type of sponsors target us.

Would just like us to have more of social concience when it comes to our business, we rightly like to boast what we bring to the Scottish economy and the charitable work the foundation and several fan groups undertake.

Seems only one think matters tho and thats cash.

And * you @Mr. Slippyfist before you there first..:giggle1:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Guarantee they're Huns.

16. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Ok then fair enough, Adam Johnson is without a club now and has served his time so to speak, why not sign him as well? He should be forgiven and Celtic should just disregard what he did, right?

I'm not a white knight and I don't have an other agenda other than being against domestic violence. Also rest of his life, it literally happened just a few years ago and even then at the time it's not like he was extremely apologetic for what he did. The article which I read described what happened. Even Simpson himself said he tried to take the shoes off her because he didn't think he deserved them and it resulted in him strangling her. For starters even if there was something in between those two incidents he was being invasive and incredibly controlling by one trying to take shoes off her and two having the attitude that she didn't deserve them so it gave him the right to be invasive. Maybe there was something that wasn't detailed in between but he initiated the whole thing and it ended with him strangling her with both his hands around her neck. It's easy to condemn because he did should be condemned.

If you think Celtic shouldn't have any sort of morals then that's fine, but I think the club has a bit more responsibility than just employing people to try and win football matches. They also have an image to think about too and turning a blind eye to what Simpson did sends out the wrong message. Imagine women who're victims of the same thing coming to games knowing that Celtic will happily employ someone like that.

seanm likes this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

As a young kid I can still remember the * she was married too * her head of the door.

Still feel for the poor 6 foot 3 lad and wonder what made him snap and assault my mother.

The idea the club I love would ever employ scum like that revolts me as do the people who defend such actions.

18. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * him, firstly he's not good enough and secondly he's a proven *. Either reason would be good enough for me to not want him but add them together and it's not a player that should even be on our radar.

We Deserve Better.

Artorias likes this.
  19. seanm

Get rid anyone who does that to a woman is not the kind of person to represent our club.HH

Artorias likes this.
  20. seanm

Some of our so called fans are awful.HH

GARRISON likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.