1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    To be fair a lot of 1 follower accounts the likes of Sutton are replying to. Basically Huns and trolls..

Rydo1888* and MacEwan like this.
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Think he can be forgiven for focusing on the attacking side of the game vs Sarajevo given the circumstances.

He just needs to focus on his role and not be over eager to get involved in every phase of attaching play at all times. It’s just a desire to endear himself to the support I imagine.

He should be told that he can easily win over the support by turning in outstanding performances, never misplacing a pass or losing possession or committing any unnecessary fouls. Do that for a few years, never talk to the press about moving elsewhere, throw in some hunskelping and you’ll be fine...mostly.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I think we could make a profit already.

4. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    People need to stop over analysing his game for now and let him play without the bed wetters constantly picking on his weaknesses. * me, how many fullbacks are we going to go through because they're aren't Kieran Tierney?

5. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Looks a pler. Just needs to swap they50 pence boots for predators and were sorted

6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tbh if the * knew how to shoot he would be a class left winger. Makes terrific runs forward with good link up down that side.

7. TheHappyLoss

Legend

The67Sound likes this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Reminds me of Izzy when he first signed. I think we have a player there.

deanoyvb7, Rydo1888* and Whoflungdung like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic's new left-back Boli Bolingoli said he needed to improve on his defending following his debut at Celtic Park.

Bolingoli impressed going forward in Celtic's 2-1 victory over Sarajevo, which sealed a 5-2 aggregate win and a tie against Estonians Nomme Kalju in the Champions League second qualifying round.

The Belgian had several efforts on goal and got round the outside of the Bosnian defence on a number of occasions.

But his loose pass led to the visitors' second-half equaliser and manager Neil Lennon later said he would have to temper the summer signing's attacking instincts.

Former Rapid Vienna player Bolingoli was grateful for Callum McGregor firing home a well-deserved winner with 15 minutes left.

"The goal was my fault,'' the 24-year-old said. "That can always happen but we have to avoid these kind of mistakes at the back. I am happy that my team-mates helped me and we got the win.

"I am still learning. In my youth I was an offensive player and I am still learning my defensive parts. I know that I still need to progress in my defensive part but I have to do better. I'm a left-back so the first thing is defending.

"My offensive qualities I have already so I have to become a better defensive player.

"I think the tactics are perfect for me because I'm an offensive player and Celtic play offensively, they like to have the ball. In future it will be even better.''

Lennon was generally pleased with Bolingoli's home debut after the defender shook off an ankle injury to play.

"It was sort of a mixed bag,'' Lennon said. "I wasn't happy with the goal we conceded but his attacking play was very, very good at times.

"He can be pleased with his contribution. You can see that he has a bit of work to do.

"He's only been in a week and he didn't train for three or four days after the first leg due to his ankle, so he can be delighted with his contribution on his home debut, no question.'

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Don't beat yersel up son, ye did well. :50: :84:

11. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    And he should learn the words of "Grace."

King of Kings and Lilac Wine like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BOLI Bolingoli described his first experience of playing at Paradise as amazing following Celtic’s win over FK Sarajevo in a Champions League qualifier. Neil Lennon’s side won 2-1 at Celtic Park to progress to the second qualifying round, where they will meet Estonian champions, Nomme Kalju.

Bolingoli’s inclusion in the starting XI on Wednesday night saw the Belgian make his Celtic Park debut, and he admitted the atmosphere has left him excited for what he sees as a bright future with the Scottish champions.

“For me it was a great feeling for me to play the first game at Celtic Park,” said Bolingoli. “The most important thing was we won this game to qualify for the next round of the Champions League.

“It was a great atmosphere for me in my first game. I felt it. I really loved playing my first game at Celtic Park, but I know it can be even better than tonight, so my first impression was really nice.”

Celtic’s win in Glasgow meant they wrapped up the tie 5-2 on aggregate. The two legs were Bolingoli’s first games for Celtic, and the 24-year-old said experience has left him optimistic of more success.

“Celtic has always been a winning team and, going forward, we will continue to reach the top,” he said. “The most important thing is for us to reach the group stages and hopefully we can play even better when we’re there.

“We played good. We dominated in the first half and scored the first goal, which was important. In the second half we were unlucky with the goal we conceded but we kept the focus and got the second goal.

“Celtic’s tactics of playing are perfect for me because I’m an offensive type of player. They like to have the ball and, going forward, we will even better than we were tonight. Life here is great. I’m very happy to be here. The team are amazing and they’ve welcomed me very well. I’m still adapting and hopefully I can be a good player here at Celtic.”

martin_d and Rydo1888* like this.
  13. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    He did well, bit of a gaff for their goal but overall from what I've seen of him this far he's been very impressive!

Tommy25, martin_d and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I like his honesty. Ideally, we keep Tierney for 2 more seasons, and during the time, he can teach Bolingoli the art of effective defending. But he already puts in tackles without hesitation. The underlapping runs are definitely a novelty in our game- is it just his habit, or...?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ajer was doing similar to a very less attacking extent, so I’m guessing tactica

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I thought he was excellent last night. I missed the lead up to their goal because the row in front of me all stood up at once for someone going to the big. Before I k we it the * had scored.

By * their fans got excited lol

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Not seen much yet. Missed the last few games but caught about half an hour last night
    Looks rapid and very eager to get forward.

Could be a good signing for us.

But there's * on phone ins trying to say he's no KT.
    Of course he * isn't!!! KT...(imo) 40+million, given stupid English prices.
    And we've signed who could be a right wee gem for 3mil.

Let the lad settle and he could be a really good addition.
    Ideally of course we would have both for at least a season.

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Really like the look of him.

Tommy25, The67Sound and Rydo1888* like this.
  19. freitassen

The guy is here for two weeks and already runs and throws himself on the ball as if he was born into the club. He has his defensive issues but is a joy of player to watch. Lennons comments are totally accurate

Whoflungdung and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Played the grand sum of 150 minutes for the club and media and some Celtic fans judging him! World is full of trolls!

Huns hurting like * that we seem to be signing some serious quality! * LOVE IT!:lenny1: