1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon on the RB situation.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jul 12, 2019.

Discuss Lennon on the RB situation. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye it is quite embarrassing when you lay it out like that

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

* relax man we signed a fourth choice centre half and took a guy in on trial. We have bigger business to get done.

clonbhoy likes this.
  3. Jeremie Frimpong

No, we don't. The right-back position is, or should be, our number one priority, and Danny Simpson should be nowhere near Celtic under any circumstances.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What bigger business do you feel we will spend more money on? RB is our weakest position in the squad and if we're signing free agents for that I highly doubt we will spend much more this window tbh

5. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Its mainly the fact that we have how many windows to pick out targets for RB? At this point it's feeling like we're verging on the bottom of the list or picking names out thin air - worrying.

Would rather have kept an aging Lustig if we're entertaining players in the early 30s.

With regards to the 4th choice CB - surely theres another Ajer type out there we could have targeted with a view of stepping up over the coming seasons? Honestly man, so much dicking around with us at times.

6. Jeremie Frimpong

Victor Nelsson would have been ideal, but he's now at Copenhagen, along with Bartolec, one of our right-back targets.

I wonder how those signings were so straightforward for a club with lesser resources at its disposal than ours.

The IRA and jocksteinupper like this.
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I agree with your sentiments on Simpson, no wife beater should wear the Celtic strip. I am failing to see the issue with signing a guy to be our fourth choice centre half on £7k a week. A guy who can also cover many positions if need be. If he turns out to be *, then you can give out.

Nobody is arguing that right back isn't our priority. That's what I meant when I said we have bigger business to attend to.

clonbhoy likes this.
  8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Of course it's worrying mate we're all very anxious about the right back situation. This is actually positive news though.. news of us actually putting pen to paper on a new signing. Frustrates the life out of me when people try and make a good situation into a bad one.

We are still looking for a right back. This doesn't change anything on that front.

As for keeping Lustig. Massive no from me. At least this guy can actually run.

Whoflungdung and clonbhoy like this.
  9. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Pure negligence

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The snake * us, Lustig could have been replaced 2 years ago but he never had any interest. Boyata should also have had replacements lined up instead he loaned Benkovic and he had no back-up plan for Dembele.

Recruitment turned to * under Rodgers as I think he had no interest in staying longer than this summer and all he wanted was immediate success he never thought of replacing players he just wanted to keep everyone and then disappear this summer wether we were * or not.

I actually think he probably would loved to leave us in the * when he left as it would make him look better.

I bet if he could he would have signed Armstrong to another 1 year deal and would not have let Dembele go then he would have walked this summer. With Boyata, Armstrong, Dembele, Benkovic, Lustig, maybe Tierney etc all leaving at once with nocunt lined up to sign as it never mattered to him.

Gyp Rosetti and Liam Scales like this.
  11. Jeremie Frimpong

The people at the club now are the reason that we are targeting a 32-year-old over-the-hill trialist.

A club of our means should be able to identify a competent right-back in the time that has passed since Rodgers left - other clubs manage it just fine.

There are no excuses.

LectersLuncheon, Peej, bhoy81 and 5 others like this.
  12. CountyDownFaithful

Melbournebhoy on Twitter claiming we are interested in Bertolacci, previously of AC Milan

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Can be diffiuclt to get the right players though. We might also have a particular style of guy we want, we are pretty * in the air with only Jullien(hopefully) and i'd say Bitton actually good in the air. Some say Ajer he is fine from open play but he actually does very little when defending or attacking set pieces, Bitton who * think of as a shitebag is actually more aggressive in the air from dead balls than Ajer.

Given a lot of guys like Tierney, Boli, Brown, McGregor, Christie, Rogic, Sinclair, Forrest, Edouard, Griffiths are all first choice and mostly always in the team we are * in the air and we probably need our right back to be decent to help us defensively and give us a chance of scoring goals from corners etc

Ideally we'd have a midfielder like Wanyama/Ledley/Mulgrew or a winger like Samaras or a striker who was good in the air but it's mostly wee guys and Edouard who is a decent height but he isnt someone who headers a ball.

14. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Reckon we’re interested in every rightback in the planet.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Atletico reported looking to offload Santiago Arias. A cheeky loan bid?

16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Can complain about BR all you want, of course he left us in a * of a position but NL had had enough time to find a replacement.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He's a central midfielder, mind you I'm counting out nothing when it comes to RBs. Sure there'll be a goalie that had a kick about and played at RB we'll be linked to soon enough.

18. Mince.Charming

It's down to the recruitment team or the lack of.
    Congerton has * us over big time.
    It's not Lennon that scouts, gathers information on players and negotiates bids and wages.
    He ultimately has the final say on a player but it's not him that's going to have the knowledge on players from around the world.
    I'm sure he's told them to get players and they have knocked us back or wages where too high.
    Blaming Lennon for the recruitment 2 months into a new job is crazy.

19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So, by that logic, how can anyone blame BR ?

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The scouts did their job- 4 RB-s we could have brought in, and were linked with. Board sanctioned no signings.