1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm not being funny but he will be 21 in November. Hes got a * of a lot of developing to do if hes to ever be near the required standard.

Not all first team players are fully first team ready by 20. Correct. But before then they will at least show something. He hasn't other than a bit of bravery.

Without getting dug into him, it says everything for me that lennon didn't consider him at all last week and is openly admitting the club are looking for 2 right backs. That's not me getting on at Ralston..its just plain to see that his days are numbered.

2. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    He's not good enough, he's never been good enough, technically he is very poor and that is not changing and if you think it is you are deluded im afraid its clear to see he is very very limited and it would take a crazy amount of improvement for him to get up to required standard. Nothing against the lad hope he proves me wrong and does well for us or more likely does well for whoever he joins but if he didn't have his athleticism he wouldn't be a footballer.

3. stew37

Ryan Christie would have been binned long ago if it were up to some.

I just think the boy deserves a bit more time before his fate is decided.

4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

do all these academy players have the technical attributes to be celtic players and we are waiting on them maturing

maybe it was thought ralston would come of age this season, ive not really seen enough of him but what i have saw is he looks like a little boy daunted by pulling on the jersey

whats he been like in the development side over the years ? is he a good player when the pressure is off ?

i mean hes been here a long time we must have seen something in him

5. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Do you think Ralston would go to Aberdeen and be there standout player for two seasons?
    He wouldn't even start for them ffs, theres no shame is admitting that someone isn't good enough.

6. stew37

I've no idea, I've only seen him play maybe 5 times.

7. johnnybhoy777

I think saying he looks daunted is a fair assessment. Since his performance started nose diving he's looked really stressed out on the pitch.

No * wonder reading what the so called support say about him

NomDePlum and Jeannie960 like this.
  8. Murph-E

He doesn't even get as much stick as other players in this very team, let alone some in years gone by. Jack Hendry.

9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Can you imagine his confidence if he's reading the chat on here? Confidence maybe the key. He could really turn out to be a player.

Random Review and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    There isn't any shame in saying you think someone isn't good enough. Like I said it's just that some folk go a bit far with their opinions.

Random Review likes this.
  11. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

well

mulgrew done it and christie now

both of them were initially highly thought of then farmed out and both seemed to show the right stuff afterwards to make a career of it here

i think that kind of tells me these young guys need road tested at senior level more so they can establish themselves, same with magregor going to notts county i think it was

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There was those on here who said he wasn’t anywhere near it for them and wasn’t guarenteed a game.

Random Review likes this.
  13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I get criticism, but some is actual hatred which is bizarre as * to me, fair enough players who take the * out the club fine, but he is one of many that hatred runs wild and without a shadow of a doubt I believe they'd rather the player makes a mistake as opposed to doing well, they revel in it.

14. stew37

That's my thoughts exactly. If he was mouthing off, criticising the management, acting the * on social media etc, then any abuse is warranted for a player. Haven't seen anything from that in him and hasn't had enough game time for me to write him off.

Would * love to see players like him and Morgan follow the likes of Christie and prove a lot of folk wrong. Whether it happens or not will need to wait and see.

15. johnnybhoy777

The stick Jack got was a bit * but Ralston is one of our own ffs. Hendry was bought. Ralston is like one of our kids or something

tarboltontim likes this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If you know your history.

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Where did you get that * about Ralston asking Neymar about his sister? Thats just made up nonesense. Whats your source? My memory is Neymar hiding what he was saying constantly to Ralston so far more likely the reverse was happening throughout the game. Given what Neymar is known to have done on and off a football field I'm not sure how that statement makes any sense.

Dont remember any attempt to break legs either. Some clumsy tackles yes but he's not the first Celtic player to have struggled. Did Brown not get sent off against Neymar.

Think you need to consider who is being the * here before labelling an 18 year old, with at most a handful of first team games having to go up against one of the top 3 players in the world and one of the biggest known cheats.

The criticism on this thread has been out of order. Whether Ralston should or shouldnt be in the team is a valid point. Scapegoating him for the management of the strength of the RB position shouldnt happen and is with Lawell, Rodgers and now Lennon.

tarboltontim likes this.
  18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Does that make it OK?

19. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    You can't even spell Athenry right ya humourless * :56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe I'm dyslexic :101:

So you were trying to be funny? What was the funny bit as I've obviously missed it. Maybe I'm judging you harshly and you arent just being offensive and talking *.