1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Apparently their owners spawn, in whatever capacity he has at the goonies, has told their fans that hes instructed their negotiators to "get aggressive".

He also told them to "be excited" in a waffle worthy of a chapter in Lawwells "how to chat pish and spend * all" DIY book.

2. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Believe it or not, Kolasinac is on closer to 150k a week. I'm friends with a guy who played reserve football with him at Karlsruhe. Apparently he's an utter * as well.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Being English usually pretty much doubles the value of a player from what I can see in the EPL.

NakamuraTastic, Rydo1888* and Rendog like this.
  4. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

English teams can only register 25 players for their league season and 8 of them have to be home grown.

That’s why they pay through the nose for young, but average English players.

DoTheBroony and littlekennie like this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As much as we know and believe Tierney to be world class, reality is, getting 70k in that squad would be pretty good.
    He isn't going to suddenly jump to 100k+
    I'd actually be surprised if he was offered anywhere near 70k, more likely 45k to be honest. And to be expected.
    18 months down the line he'd negotiate a new deal for the higher wage or be seeking the move to man city or something.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

City :56: * mental. 10 years ago no * would have thought arsenal would be a basket case and city the top dogs. Imagine being in the past and reading that :56:

Random Review and MickeyyMack like this.
  7. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Lot of the Little EPL fanboys fail to grace that though not a clue

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Very true, but that's the way it is now.

Money has ruined football, transfers are obscene, players demands are outrageous and clubs like city, Chelsea etc are all propped up by Russian or Arab billions.

But that's what it is now, for kids like Tierney, ten-fifteen years ago they grew up watching this nonsense explode.

To them, the EPL and it's millions is where the top crop of players apparently play (personally for me it's Spain). In my youth, we watched Italian football with the passion they had and not coated in sugar daddy's and rich pay days.

But like it or not, that's where the crown of football is these days and as much of a * club that arsenal are, they are a club where some quality players end up, or get snapped up from.
    Play for arsenal and Barcelona will be likely to buy you. Play for Everton or west brom, not so much.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

freitassen and Whoflungdung like this.
  9. StevieBhoooy!

This is the problem with the epl , sky tv and the ‘modern’ football fan who thinks that money and recent history is everything!

Man City and PSG are classic examples...

City have spent much of their history out of the top flight and have only 6 top league titles and a * euro cup winners cup to their name.

PSG - who half the world seems to think are some great heritage club...

...not even 50 years of history!!!! 8 titles and most of those basically ‘bought’ (like Man City) in the last 5/6 seasons. They couldn’t get crowds of a few thousand 10-15 years ago and were finishing 15th and 16th in Ligue 1

When the Qataris and oil princes finally get bored and go and find a new plaything/money laundering outlet ...

(And there’s signs it’s already happening at PSG)

.... those clubs could find themselves back where they were 15-20 years ago.

Rydo1888* and MickeyyMack like this.
  10. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Man City really have f all history, traditional no marks who were as far down as the third tier of English football by the end of the 1997–98 season. Yet despite the £ poured into them they havent won the big one as of yet ie European Champoinships....... mind you they do hold a significant record...after two seasons in Division One, City became the second ever European trophy winners to be relegated to their country's third league tier, after FC Magdeburg of Germany.

y_n_w_a likes this.
  11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Wonder if Spurs will come in for him? apparently left Danny Rose back in England and are looking to sell him, would be a much better move for him.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Malaga were like this once upon a time- they are nowhere, now.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @SUMMER TIME I don't believe this to be true but say he did decline drastically and he had to retire, how much would both the club and himself be insured for?

I know Gordon was insured for millions as it was mentioned when he knocked it back to risk a recovery so he could play, worked out very well for him.

14. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    * Arsenal, harder to deal with them than Celtic!:fear:

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Someone from the sun has been on here going on about how that face app makes KT look like Arsene Wenger!!!

16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Pretty surprised that Man Utd haven't come in for him to be honest. I am happy, that for once, we're holding out for a larger fee (I'd go £35m myself) but I also think we may cop out at £25m.

At the end of the day, the EPL clubs can easily afford it, so we'd be mugs not to take as much as we can. On a personal note..I'd go Napoli myself. Great climate, super passionate fan base, hot ladies and a city on the coast. * north London!

littlekennie and tarboltontim like this.
  17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's not leaving.

18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I read some info by David Ornstein how he believes Arsenal will get Saliba, and are trying to get Ceballos on loan, but what he said about Tierney wasn't overly assured or hopeful from their side. Arsenal are "continuing pursuit of Tierney".

If Lennon truly suspects Tierney is off, I don't believe it's going to be to Arsenal.

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If you work out his apparent wage offer & divide or multiply it ( not sure which way it works) by the amount of years he has left at the top level it works out at just over a lot.
    I don’t even think that’s a wild guess either.

20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What about the Club though, wonder what kind of compensation we agreed on with insurers?

Not that I want it to be relevant, just when you mentioned the unmentionable it made me think about it.