1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Stokes

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LoveTheTic88, Jul 23, 2013.

Discuss Anthony Stokes in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

For a charity match they're holding next weekend I'm told

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He’s coming home :ireland::shamrock::shamrock:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

:74:

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Always knew you were a cop.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Former Celtic striker Anthony Stokes is set to join Turkish second tier outfit Adana Demirspor.

The ex-Arsenal, Hibs and Sunderland man is set to travel to Turkey tomorrow for a medical with the First Division club according to the Daily Mail .

Adana are splashing the cash and have the likes of former Manchester United and Brazil midfielder Anderson among their ranks.

The forward is now a free agent following a dispute over unpaid salary at his previous club Tractor Sazi of Iran, after ongoing uncertainty over the club's finances.

The 30-year-old was at the Asian team alongside former Motherwell player Lee Irwin, who were both reported to FIFA after abruptly quitting last year.

Irwin hit out at the club over his time there, likening his time at the Persian Gulf Pro League outfit as like being in prison, saying, "I've never been in prison but I'd imagine that's how it feels."

But Stokes and the club performed a U-turn shortly after, with the forward returning to the club to fulfill his contract and continue playing.

At the time the forward said: "I had a very good meeting with the team's general manager, Mohammad Taghavi and he now has a very good understanding of my situation.

Unfortunately, I had major family problems this month which meant I had to return home.

"During my first spell at the club, these problems meant I couldn't concentrate fully on my football and I could not concentrate.

"Thankfully, I now have the full support of the club.

I want to repay the club for the faith they have shown in me and I want to compensate them by scoring goals.

"Hopefully, the fans will give me a good reception too."

Stokes ' goalscoring exploits have seen him linked with moves elsewhere. Another team reportedly interest in him were English side Salford City, who also have former Aberdeen striker Adam Rooney among their ranks.

But the former Hibs hitman is said to favour a move to southern Turkey, and is expected to complete his move on Tuesday.

9. The Celtbot

Awesome, Adana Demirspor for those that don't know are probably the most leftish club in Turkey. The fans have a good relationship with St. Pauli and Livorno and have a lot of antifa tifos during the games. Hope they get promoted this year and Stokesy scores a bunch of goals.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Our new transfer has started to work with our Stokes team. Stokes, who works in the fitness room for two days, continues his preparations by training two times a day.

13. Lewis Kerr

He’s turned into a journeyman

Artorias likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hair still looks cracking though.

Artorias likes this.
  15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What's he got on his feet ? :56:

Artorias likes this.
  16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Hope he’s brought the Mrs that shirt needs well ironed stokesy

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DUBLIN-born footballer Anthony Stokes has been given an eight-month deferred sentence for stalking his ex-partner.

The former Celtic star has been ordered to stay away from her and her mother.

Hamilton Sheriff Court in Scotland heard that the forward recognises his behaviour towards the pair was "horrendous".

Sheriff Alasdair MacFadyen nevertheless warned the former Republic of Ireland international he was concerned about his attitude towards the "abusive" conduct.

For this reason, he also imposed four-year non-harassment orders, meaning Stokes must not contact the two women for four years, apart from when arranging contact with the two-year-old son he has with his ex.

Stokes (31), who currently plays for Turkish side Adana Demirspor, pleaded guilty at a previous hearing to stalking Eilidh Scott and her mother, May Scott, between July 2018 and February this year.

The court previously heard he sent 100 messages a day and also turned up at May Scott's home in Shotts, Lanarkshire, late at night when Eilidh Scott was staying there.

Michael Gallen, lawyer for Stokes, told the court: "He recognises his behaviour, which he quite rightly describes as being horrendous, will have impacted on both the ladies in question."

He said a social worker assessed the footballer as having a low risk of reoffending.

Morag McLintock, prosecuting, said: "The complainer is very much of the view that the relationship is at an end and that she does not wish a relationship with the accused."

Sheriff MacFadyen said: "This was a prolonged period of abusive behaviour towards your ex-partner and, also for a period, her mother.

"It is quite unacceptable behaviour and I have to say I am concerned by your attitude towards the offence.

"I do think there is a suggestion of minimisation in your attitude towards the offence. I think some form of control is appropriate in this case."

He deferred sentence until May 2020 for Stokes to be of good behaviour and for a further social work report.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Seems a * scumbag tbh

PorchBhoy67 and packybhoy like this.
  19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Guy is a *.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  20. Maestro 08

His attitude has eventually seen him * up just about everywhere he's been. We'll see him on an open goal interview with Si Ferry in a few years telling us how he's lost all his money & is struggling to make ends meet but is trying to get himself some media work.

aliceinsound and Rydo1888* like this.