1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Seemingly, Their fans forums and associations have sent a letter to Arsenal basically saying the same thing ie they won't be spending a lot of dosh this summer at all..and why ????

2. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Ach, you're maybe right about it holding things up! However, it's a disgrace imo if that is the case with what was sitting and the clearout. Not expecting magabucks spent either but no RB at this stage is really poor.

I take your point regarding the injury....dooes muddy the already murky waters. Like you and everyone else sick to the back teeth of it.

3. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Stan Kroenke, owner of Arsenal is trying to out Lawell, Lawell............

Creativecelt and Spring Time like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't claim to know but I'd hazard a guess the 'new' Emirates stadium is partly to do with it. They've also missed out on the top 4 for the last few year's. Think frustration with their board tightening the purse strings for whatever reason. Pay obscene wages to certain player's..

It isn't like it's just a sudden decline. Most people will remember them celebrating at St James' Park for getting in to the top 4 and that sums up how they've fallen in terms of the EPL as well. They had a whole host of top player's and now you look at their squad and it's filled with a lot of deadwood and player's that wouldn't make a real difference to their transfer kitty, unless they sold one of their real top player's..

Got a lot of pal's that support Arsenal and away from the * talk because of this KT saga...they are a big club. The biggest in London I'd say definitely. Their support has proper been priced out and know a lot that just watch game's close to the ground. Most expensive season tickets in Europe I'm sure..

I think if he was sold we go bigger on what we wanted but we have been bidding and trying to be fair. Still, zero excuses on the right back front..

It's a big concern to me..

jocksteinupper likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ARSENAL are set to slap in a THIRD offer for Celtic star Kieran Tierney.

SunSport revealed last night that the Gunners had a £25million bid knocked back by Hoops chiefs.

It’s understood the Parkhead club were unhappy with the structure of the record-breaking offer.

Arsenal’s proposal included add-ons and Celtic want the basic transfer fee to be closer to £25m.

And the Premier League giants are now expected to revise their offer and submit fresh terms, weeks after their original £15m bid was rejected.

Tierney is under contract until summer 2023 and the Scottish champions are in no rush to sell their prized asset

But the Celtic hierarchy could be tempted into doing business if the Gunners meet the latest set of demands.

Unai Emery is desperate to make Tierney his first high-profile signing of the summer as he looks to strengthen his backline.

The London outfit are prepared to offer the Scotland left-back a life-changing £20m contract over the course of a long-term deal.

That would see the Hoops diehard’s wages rocket to £70k-plus per week – a staggering £4m a year.

Tierney became one of Celtic’s top earners when he signed a new six-year deal in October 2017 but Arsenal’s offer would dwarf what he’s getting at Parkhead.

The 22-year-old is currently sidelined as he recovers from a double hernia operation but Emery is determined to get his man.

Italian side Napoli are also keen on bringing the defender to Serie A, but have yet to formalise their interest – leaving Arsenal in pole position.

6. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I didn't say he was unhappy. I'm setting my point across that I don't see a point in keeping an unhappy player.

I'm thinking more Ntcham than KT to be fair.

But we have to be realistic too, and at times players want a fresh challenge.

And like I also said in that post I hope it's not KT in that mindset.

But that doubt in my mind grows by the day, KT couldn't easily have sent anything on social media telling the support he's here for the 10. But he hasn't, does that not make you think he potentially believes he could be going.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Sloany

Bit of a stupid question, but would he physically be able to pass a medical if a deal was agreed?:39:

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Celtic should be telling them to get to * and not bother us again. If they want him they can meet with us to sort it, not bid * amounts every week if they have actually made bids for him then the price should rise by £5million every time they do it.

I also don't believe we are sitting there waiting for £25million to come in and say on yous go, we will be wanting a good bit more.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  10. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Seemingly Arsenal have now tabled a third bid..............

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye a don’t get this “Celtic are trying to negotiate a deal to allow the 22 year old to join the gunners” there on BBC Scotland news! Makes it look like we have accepted he is leaving just wanting best price!

12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Think that’s been pretty evident for quite a while really

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Lenny pretty much said it in Austria..

It's obvious..

Valhalla likes this.
  14. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The most telling thing in all this is KT hasn't let it be known he is happy to stay here (from what I have seen).

15. ddub11

For a good while now iv been of the opinion KT is a player who will struggle to get over his injuries.I,m guessing Arsenal will have done their research and are confident he will have not issues with injuries but i think they could be buying a player who will spend a fair amount of time on the sick bed.

If we could get 25 mil for him i think its a good deal for us.

FranceCelt likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I know he said it but why do they want rid of one of our best players is what I want to know

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Images of spending time with friends and teammates, plus the statement from his agent that he is not demanding a move are indicators that he is fine with staying here. At worst, he's 50/50, but would not cause issues if we rejected Arsenal entirely.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    that and reports that say " is keen on the move " ah well , next megaphone hero step up please !

19. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Personally, think it's a guarantee that he'll leave this window..
    We need to hold out for the full 25m, though..

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If they come back in with the 25 mil then he'll be offski, gutted tae lose KT but we cannot afford to turn down that kind of money.