1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ewan Henderson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Jun 27, 2018.

Discuss Ewan Henderson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We really need to stop comparing him to his brother and KT.

One went to Italy and one is going to go somewhere surreally special.

Liam Henderson is still a very special player developed by us, he's living a different life, a game changing life and let's never forget he showed us first what they can do.

Be happy we're part of it all and our system is still coming up with something special because Celtic is special it makes players think special

Liam Scales and freitassen like this.
  2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He doesn't need loaned out. He can develop into the player he is obviously going to be right here. Just need the management to show the faith in him.

3. johnnybhoy777

This might come as a surprise to the Loan Out Cult on these boards but we can't afford to loan out Henderson or Johnston. We are going to need them to do a job at points this season

DoTheBroony, Tommy25 and ChrisMoh like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Exact opposite is true. We’re over ran with wingers, there’s a spot for a centre mid with the Turnbull deal collapsing.

Tommy25 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well nah it’s not.

Sinclair was rarely used by Lenny when he took over. The only natural left wingers at the club are an unfancied Sinclair, Johnston and Arzani who was crocked for a season and we don’t know how good he is. It’s wide open for Johnston to establish himself as first choice.

In midfield we have Brown, McGregor, Christie and Rogic. More times than not it’ll be 3 from that 4 starting. Then you have Bitton who Lenny has already stated he wants a big season from. Add on top of that the fact Lennon has said he wants at least one more midfielder. I’m sure he said he was wanting another midfielder on top of the Turnbull deal - so potentially 2 new CM’s.

Henderson will get game time I’m sure, but it’s pretty obvious that he has a number of players to get past to start on a semi-consistent basis. Johnston doesn’t.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

An unfancied Sinclair :56:Don’t allow your own personal views distort reality. Sinclair will play a huge part this coming season as he has done for 3 seasons.

Henderson has a clearer path to first team games as it stands. Unarguably.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Absolutely no chance he should be loaned out.

Whoflungdung and Tommy25 like this.
  8. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really like what I've seen from the young fella so far, direct, aggressive and confident. Hope he goes on to have a stormer of a season.

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. freitassen

Liam Henderson might be no Callum McGregor but an obviously good player that could have played a big part over here than he did. He was a key player at Hibs, with two assists in their biggest day in history. Played well at the best team in Norway, a league that outwith us is certainly better than the scottish, one and a half good seasons at Serie B and now about to play at Serie A. People criminally underrate our academy players sometimes, there seems to be much more patience towards young, untested at a high level players we sign from SPFL diddies than our own guys.

Our academy is good. How many big teams have three academy products in the starting eleven, arguably three of the contenders for our best player? Even guys like Miller and Ralston are much better than what people say.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s not my personal view. When Lenny took over, Sinclair saw less and less game time.

“Unarguably”:56:

Weird that Johnston started against Sarajevo and Henderson didn’t even get on the bench, when Rogic and Ntcham were unavailable.

Unarguable my *. You’d argue black was white before admitting you’re talking pish.

11. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As I’ve said before I’m glad we didn’t pay £3m for turnbull as I think this boy can be just as good, if not better.

Lilac Wine and FranceCelt like this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You have a terrible habit of getting to the point in a discussion when it becomes about me rather then your * point.

It is an unarguable fact that there’s a clearer path for a centre mid to game time at Celtic in this current squad than there is for a winger. Whether or not that means Hendo or Mikey plays more is immaterial to that point.

There are 2 spots on the wing, there are 3 in central midfield. There are all sorts of wingers, we are short of 1 or maybe 2 midfielders. So, yeah, unarguable.

13. Keano88

Johnston has an easier path to being a starter, clearly.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There are two in Central Midfield and one in attacking midfield.

You think he’d be looking at the one.

15. borobob

Fav Celtic Player:
    Juninho
    I appreciate your views but let me ask you an important question......

Do you call your evening meal Dinner or Tea ?

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There’s 3 central midfielders in the current set up, a number of the players in the squad can play deep lying, box to box and behind a striker. Potentially he’s actually one of them.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Because it's nigh impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you.

I just gave you an example of a first team game. We had one last week. Johnston started and Henderson never even made the squad, despite being short of 1 or 2 midfielders. So if/when we do sign another midfielder, that's Henderson with yet more competition to contend with.

So aye, saying that it's "unarguable" that Henderson has an easier path is just blatantly wrong. I don't expect you to admit you're wrong, but that's fine.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are the least reasonable * on here :56: Celtic players go from world class to an * in the space of a misplaced pass. Gie yersel peace.

You’re finding it difficult to understand, that’s ok.

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ah, there we go. Just ignores the actual discussion and changes the subject.

Almost as good as an admission that you're talking *. I'll take it.:50:

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You’ll take * all, dafty :56: