1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I do agree with the message here, but if the reality is that the board have slapped a £25m price tag in him then they’re not a million miles away from meeting it, by all accounts.

That’s the premise behind any negotiation, which is exactly what this is. We’ve supposedly named our selling price, and they’re doing what they can to find our ‘real’ selling price, which would be below the £25m we’ve asked for, in theory at least.

I think we made a rod for our own back when asking for just £25m. It’s not a huge sum for most premiership sides, Arsenal included. I think fans on either side would be in agreement that even if they pay the full £25m they’re getting the better end of the deal.

The IRA and jocksteinupper like this.
  2. kmg

The reality is even if the board sold him for 100 million they will only put a fraction back in the team. It will go straight to Dermot Desmond's trust funds for his kids. We will probably buy a couple of championship players, a premier fringe player, a loan player and someone from the Israel league. It will be the same next season with McGregor and so on. They just have no ambition to build a great team and hold on to it. It frustrates me as it so shortsighted. If we just keep ahold of our talent and just buy a couple of top players then we might have a decent chance in the champions league. Instead we will likely struggle in the Europa league. Hopefully KT will say he is not interested in signing for Arsenal and stay will celtic another couple of seasons. He holds the cards.

The IRA likes this.
  3. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I wonder what % of most large transfers sums these days are made up of adds on etc. Like that Wan bassaka deal for 50m, is that contingent upon Utd getting into top 4 then palace get €5m and if Bassaka plays 25 league games they get another €10m?

Just making this point so we can put into context the Tierney bid.

I remember hearing the Martial €50m deal was partially contingent upon martial winning the ballon dor!

With Tierneys injuries I wouldn't be surprised or outraged if a % of the fee was appearance based. In all likely hood he will go on to play many more games at a very high level and we'll get the money...but Arsenal are going to protect themselves too.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Keith Jackarse is desperate for KT to leave some bites

“His time here is done”
    “He must look at Robertson and be jealous”
    “His parents must do the right thing by him”

Then on the club

“Celtic wouldn’t have paid £3m for a back up”
    “Celtic don’t want to sell their prized asset but know they will need to at some point”

So

His time here is nowhere near done we are going for 10 in a row.

Jealous for finishing 2nd epl and a European cup medal! How you know Andy isn’t a wee bit envious of KT playing for his boyhood club and being idolised

His da will know doubt be looking at it as a Celtic fan but also a parent as will KT as a fan and a player as I have said various times.

Celtic haven’t paid £3m for a back up he has been signed for competition and considering KT doesn’t look like he will be fit for another 6 weeks then we need someone to share the burden and Lennon discoverd it can’t be Johnny Hayes

Celtic have no obvious need to cash in.

* are gagging for KT to be sold cause they think that’s it the title is Ibrox bound!

*!

5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Alot of jumping to conclusions on here.

The goonies ARE miles away from a proper offer, or theres no way we would have rejected it outright, we would be negotiating.

And any smsm paper talk that we ARE negotiating doesnt credit a single source, merely repeating heresay from arsenal fan blogs and Twitter twats ffs

Theres alot of whispers and conjecture going on, the main one being 18-20m and the short fall made up of appearance add ons hes unlikely to meet in his first season as well as more highly unlikely trophy wins which are also appearance based.

All of that is * miles away.

Really wish napoli would just pull the trigger and put this to bed

Whoflungdung and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ps: that sky sports graphic of KT transitioning into an Arsenal kit is proof enough of the utter desperation of these *.

The price is 25.

Pay it, or * off.

7. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    There so much money afoot in the EPL, Id tell them whatever the figure is its all upfront or F...off They have the funds in the bank, use it

Whoflungdung likes this.
  8. freitassen

The "best league of the world" can suck my * balls

Blochairnbhoy and Minty1888 like this.
  9. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Who said he’s unhappy?
    Why is he unhappy?
    We’ve just won a treble treble. NL doesnt want rid of him. He’s loved by the fans. He loves our club, his club. We all recognise his talent and can play higher than he’s currently playing and I’m sure that most folk will accept he will go at some point but we’re on the brink of 9IAR and possibly 10 and he could be part of that and truly become a legend. How often does that opportunity come around?

What the * is he to be unhappy about? He is not a typical prima donna like most other footballers when they don’t get their way (ntcham). He IS happy.

Geez piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    And to justify the lunacy, Sheff Utd have offered Swansea 15Mill for McBurnie and have been turned down.

11. celts67

Hope he doesn't go man he needs more rest think that's why he's injury prone keep Bolingil as .

12. fonsai

'trust fund for his kids ' stay off the glue ffs

StPauli1916 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :rofl:

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Lewis Dunk to Leicester for £45m.

That's literally all we need to say to arsenal.

Artorias and Whoflungdung like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    McBurnie for over 15 mill and Lewis Dunk for 45..

I'm seriously done..

16. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Football manager stuff

McChiellini.. and Whoflungdung like this.
  17. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Not as much as we will be if he goes for 25 mate!!!

Seriously, i don't want him offski but if he is i would love it be Napoli over this lot. Would send the right message to that * league!!!

By the by, as for anyone believing that this lot have a kitty of 45.....jog on!! I know they're tightly run, similar to ourselves actually, but i'm sure Kroenke could introduce a wee bit fluidity if he was persuaded needs must to the benefit of the overall operation!!

Whoflungdung likes this.
  18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Cant see KT at Napoli

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    sadly, neither can i mate!!

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm at the point where I just want it done like many other's. Kinda don't want him to go but if it's stalling our business then I wouldn't mind if most of it was put to the rebuild. Also his injuries are a big concern..

He won't go to anywhere but England I don't think. By all account's a real home bod so can't see him off to Italy or that for his first move. He'd go to England and be back up the road at game's a lot in my opinion..

I'm no sure they do have a bigger kitty. They seem to be trying to wing it and penny pinch it this window. Wanted the French youngster and now being outbid by Spurs by 5 mill would indicate they don't have a lot of flexibility. The fact they're taking so long to get this deal on the go speaks volumes as well. Embarrassing first bids and then installments wide of the mark when they know the exact price....screams they won't be spending a lot of dosh this summer at all..

jocksteinupper and Whoflungdung like this.