1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That’s what I meant we want £25m cash rather then their £15m cash and £10m Addon etc

2. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

I don’t send you serious ones because old age will get to you before I ever do x

bagforlife and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  3. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    this is a no brainer..

25 million player who is suffering from a long term injury (possibly multiple) and may never fully recover to the player he was. i can see why arsenal arent going all out, his injuries clearly the elephant in the room. It's a risk for them to purchase, if it was the other way round we would all be shouting he was injry prone and would spend more time on the sickbed than anywhere else.

Only problem i would have is that the money made wont be reinvested but will be just to underwrite a potential exit out the champions league in qualifying rounds.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If KT had any serious injury problems, there wouldn't even be a bid on the table from Arsenal in the first place ?

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kloop saying he might go into the market for a left back! Now that’s a move KT could maybe justify making to the European champions and fight Robertson for the left back spot!

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Crazy talk..

Robertson is idolised and the number 1 left back there..

Why would KT go there to play probably second fiddle?

DoTheBroony likes this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Could maybe share the burden just a thought

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No chance KT leaves us to go backup anywhere mate. Never happening..

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    If Juve came in for Lacazette off Arsenal do you think a £40m offer with £25m up front and £15m in instalments be accepted.
    Would it * and Arsenal would be telling them to GTF and the Arsenal fans would be furious (very quietly) at such an insult.:ranting2:

10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    It’s not all 25 million up front though. So it’s not really a no brainier to be fair.

We have been short changed in the past with English sides, that’s why the club is digging their heels in with this one.

Arsenal have the money, they are tight as * when it comes to transfers, who is to say the add ons are not champions league based then we would be * cause they are not making the champions league anytime * soon.

11. Paully1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    we should just say for all this * about and beating round the bush with payments, he’s 30 million now, too many teams in England think they are bigger than us and think cos they play in England they are the juggernaut,I had a big thing planned out but I’m pished so * England and * Arsenal
    Peace out

12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Watching Wolf of Wall Street the now and it's just at the"I'm not * leaving" bit. Hopefully that's what KT is like!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I want him to stay just as much as the next guy, but i really wouldnt blame him if he decided to leave.

He has become one of the best players in our side, yet has seen quality being sold and not being replaced. The only thing he realistically could achieve that he hasnt already, is the last 16 in europe or maybe quarters/semis/final of the europa league.

Given the off the field turmoil that has transpired over the course of the last 18 months, it must be disheartening and hard to believe that this is actually a board who are taking the club forward.

14. wulliebad

Out of all the players at celtic i thought KT would be the one not to leave.....if he does no one had ever talk about legends crap about any of our players again.....sick to death of us always selling anyone for money.

15. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Scott Brown is one and James Forrest on his way to becoming one

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. wulliebad

I know......im just * at the thought of the club selling KT.

17. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Only thing is, we can't keep an unhappy player.

I hope he doesn't want to go. But if he stepped forward and rapped Lennys door and said he wanted to go. If I were Lenny I wouldn't step in his way. As long as we got the fee we wanted and got assurances that so much would be reinvested

It's the last bit I believe im more concerned about than KT leaving.

I can accept due to the nature of the money in modern football that our top talent will be cherry picked by the richer clubs. But what I can't accept is for us to stockpile it for a rainy day.

18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    It would appear the goonies are very unaware if who they are * dealing with here.

Southampton paid nearly 8m for bit part player busting for a move.

And these monkeys come in with derisory bids with fantasy add ons for one of the best full backs in the Uk, designed only to upset the player for future lowball bids.

They forget that even if KT wanted the move with all his heart he would never disrespect the club, nor leave under a cloud of any colour. They also forget theyre dealing with Peter Lawell, a * so miserly he makes scrooge mcduck look like ghandi, which in itself us surprising given that theyve tried to head hunt him on two seperate occassions.

The london based media are claiming we are playing "hardball". Utterly laughable. Hardball is Leicester wanting 70m for that chimp maguire. 25m for KT is the * bargain of the decade for a club WE could technically outspend this transfer window.

One more uninterupted season with CL football and we can name our price with KT, and he certainly wouldnt be moving to a club with zero ambition, prize money dependant budgets and delusional fans.

Bye Arsenal.

Enjoy your mid table finish this season.

Creativecelt and Sonic Reducer like this.
  19. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Arsenal can do one if this latest so called offer is true. Kt has, European experience, International caps, an Invincible season behind him, a treble treble on his cv. Then you see Leicster offering £45M for Lewis Dunk from Brighton !!!! He may play in Scotland but if KT wants to go then he goes with a premium price.

dbhoy72 likes this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be offended if I was KT. They cant value him much if they only want to stump up that. Come in with a complete unrefusable offer just to show how much he is wanted. Ofcourse somehow arsenal are suddenly more skint than us playing in the richest league ever, with the most expensive tickets ever... after about 30 years in a row of champions league football and suddenly they dont have a pot to * in. Nah. Lying *. Dont just show us, show him by breaking your signing record how much you want him. He'll still tell you to * off.