1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

No getting ma hopes up, almost resigned myself to losing him this window. Would be a huge bonus if he stayed.

2. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    My logic would be that we showed Andy Robertson the door (sorry Andy) because he wouldn’t get a game ahead of KT who was twice the player. How much is young Robertson worth? Celtic have the best players in the world.

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Guys, I've said already. He's here for the 10!

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Meanwhile, Lennon stressed it was "as you were" with regards to Scotland left-back Kieran Tierney, who has been linked with Italian Serie A club Napoli with Arsenal having had a £15m bid rejected.

Tierney was with the squad on pre-season in Austria but is working his way back to fitness after a double-hernia operation in May.

"I have taken no notice of the headlines," Lennon said. "I am well aware of where we are in terms of the situation.

"I spoke to Kieran in Austria and, to be honest, I haven't really seen much of him because he came back early for rehab, so has not been on the training ground as yet.

"It can be an unsettling period for any player and that is understandable, but until a club comes up with any sort of realistic valuation of the player, we don't have to do anything and we won't.

"Kieran is getting on with his rehabilitation and we are getting on with what we have to do here."

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Sha la la lala lala

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The Kieran Tierney situation may be sending Arsenal fans into a spin but Neil Lennon is keeping his cool over the Celtic star's future.

The Gunners had an opening bid for the full-back rejected and are yet to return with an improved offer.

Napoli have also been credited with an interest in Tierney but, as yet, no club has matched the Premiership champions' valuation of the 22-year-old.

Tierney is continuing his rehabilitation from a double hernia operation and remained absent for Celtic's 3-1 Champions League first round qualifying win over Sarajevo on Tuesday night.

He flew home from the club's pre-season training camp in Austria last month and Lennon admits the pair haven't spoken at length since - simply because there's been no need to.

The Celtic boss said: "I have taken no notice of the headlines. I am well aware of where we are in terms of the situation.

"I spoke to Kieran in Austria and to be honest I haven’t really seen much of him because he came back early for rehab, so has not been on the training ground as yet.

It can be an unsettling period for any player and that is understandable but until a club comes up with any sort of realistic valuation of the player we don’t have to do anything and we won’t.

"It’s as you were. Kieran is getting on with his rehabilitation and we are getting on with what we have to do here."

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Anyone know how far he is away from playing?

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Think his rehab won't be far away from completion. Just his match fitness to work on after that. Probably still another 2 or 3 weeks anyway

Lilac Wine and JC Anton like this.
  10. themouth1888

What we really need to do is set a deadline for any potential deal. * losing him 3 minutes before deadline day cut off.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  11. Tomas

The player himself has kept quiet about all the speculation, is that because he doesn't want to go anywhere, yet. Two more seasons and he could be part of a huge piece of Celtic history, a legend and still only 24 years old.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sutton seemed pretty convinced there
    Is a real chance he is off during game last night

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Arsenal club captain refusing to go to America.

Ozil, Lacazzette and others wanting out.

Trying to lowball teams with bids (£15m KT and £40m saha) and no hope in * of finishing anywhere near the top 4!

People who think that is a good move for KT are * nuts!

Basket case of a club!

dmccourt95, Bhoyse, Rydo1888* and 7 others like this.
  14. Paul McAuley

Exactly what we should be talking about in this thread.

15. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

All went quiet and have never really thought it would happen, but Arsenal are having a bit of a 'mare and might be forced to start throwing money about.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They’re also looking like a * basket case of a club just now. That’s helpful.

17. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    In his press conference Lenny said KT was still in rehab and hasn't come back into training, yet

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Sounds like he's still miles away. * me off how the club absolutely * it last season, regarding Tierney's injury. Should have had this operation months ago.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question the rat ran Tierney into the ground never giving him any breaks. Although the refs have to take a share of the blame as well. The physical abuse from opposition players unpunished that Tierney was subjected to was a disgrace.