1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    It’s a fair point, and then you’ve got a bunch of French footballers who just exemplify what you’re talking about: Anelka, Barcelona’s Dembele, Ribéry, Gallas, Payet etc...

Rydo1888* and scootz like this.
  2. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Been thinking this for years to be honest! Glad it wasn't just me

Artorias and scootz like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will guarantee you Ntcham goes for a higher fee than Morelos!

freitassen, Belgian_lad and Slaw like this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

Pablo87 likes this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :eek1:

Pablo87 likes this.
  7. Belgian_lad

As a Belgian national, i absolutely concur! Worked the round, but as u described them is what i saw alway...

scootz likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If the guy has the mentality of brown, or even Armstrong did, he'd be a quality player.

He just has no desire to actually work for something. Goes hiding too much and if you press him he sulks like *.

Give him space and time and he can be a good player (though still can send a wayward pass out the park).

No application from him and will be found out at every club he goes to.
    We've seen the sort before and he won't unfortunately be the last.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  9. freitassen

Morelos wouldnt be a first team regular here either

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :56: :56: :56:

Pablo87 likes this.
  11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Said this on here ages ago and got pelters :56:

scootz likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

As much as he's been a sulky * and has made some awfully disrespectful comments, he signed a new & improved contract last season so we really shouldn't sell unless we get a good deal.

Although I now want him to go, under no circumstances should we be selling on the cheap just to get him out of the door. If we don't get the money we want he has to stay. And if he doesn't show a desire to go out and earn the move he thinks he deserves by applying himself properly in training and performing in matches, then he should be sent to train with the kids until his attitude changes.

14. Murph-E

Yep, think he's trying to force away a move on the cheap knowing his stock has fallen. But he's still a good player really, still very young with experience playing in Champions League & Europa League with Celtic, Serie A with Genoa, and fairly regular for the highly-rated France U21 team. No way we should let him go for some derisory fee.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I hope this petulant manchild doesn't unsettle Edouard with his 'I want to get away from Celtic' *.

16. clonbhoy

Spot on! He needs to be moved on in some shape or form, team morale needs to be put before profit here. I’d tell the * to stay away until a deal is agreed or have him in with the kids.

It will be like a new signing when he * off.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. Al Bootyerbaws

Eddy will be wanting away in a year or two. Lets not kid ourselves, the main reason a lot of these foreign players join us is to put themselves in the shop window for moves to England.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That St. Mirren game was a bit bizarre :giggle1: I think that was the very first time a wee bit of 'doubt' entered my mind regarding BR, how could he not see it? I'm sure in the Match Thread there were 10 pages of folk saying "Get him off now Rodgers before we are a man down!" and that was after only a couple fouls as it was just his body language that was so obvious. As it was when everyone agreed he's not playing for us anymore. If he can't hide a huff then his career is in trouble, as you said at least Dedryk got on with it after his strop. All three signings poor management from Rodgers. For a happy team it has to be complete honesty and sticking to the agreement both ways.

I wish I spoke French because I'm sure their must be something lost in translation. Not all of it, just some cause it's too counter intuitive. Basically he's promoting himself by saying his inability to stamp his authority on a game is because the opposition is * :43:

Why would anyone think saying that is something top clubs want to hear, like "I'll score a hat trick in the final but don't play me in the earlier stages cause I'm telling you, anything less than Barca or City then I'll make sure we lose, 'n that'll teach yeez." Big Virgil and VVD didn't get the respect they do because their talent was too good for the wee teams, they totally owned near enough every game, * or almighty.

Plus the comment "I always sign for clubs with many supporters." I've never heard that statement before, it's just cringe worthy embarrassing. What is it even supposed to mean?

I do want him gone though cause it was quite clear he wanted to go

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  19. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

This * still here byeeeee!

dbhoy72 likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon says Celtic are "not satisfied" with Olivier Ntcham's reported comments about the club and will speak to him about his "mindset".

The 23-year-old French midfielder was quoted as saying he was disappointed not to join Porto last season and flattered to be linked with Marseille.

He also felt that Scottish football was not challenging enough.

"You can imagine, we find the comments untimely and not particularly accurate," manager Lennon said.

"I think it is fair to say that a lot of us, would it be management, players or people at the club, were not satisfied with the comments."

Ntcham, who joined Celtic from Manchester City in 2017, made 37 appearances as the Glasgow side won the domestic treble last season.

He was not with the squad as they headed for Bosnia-Herzegovina to face Sarajevo in Tuesday's Champions League first qualifying round first leg, as he was with the France squad that reached the semi-finals of the European Under-21 Championship.

"That will be addressed when Olivier comes back," Lennon said while stressing that Ntcham has a future at Celtic as he remains under contract until summer 2022.

"When I speak to Olivier, it will be done privately, but I will be speaking to him about his mindset and his attitude towards the club as well, which, the way it came across, didn't look good."

Double Dutch and Gully Sands like this.