1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly my thoughts on the matter too. With the amount of outs and hopefully ins, it feels like the start of a new era.

With the sizeable % of our support that was against Lennon's appointment I feel like it's so important for us to start next season well. For that reason any guys in our squad that think the grass might be greener elsewhere then I'd rather we got the maximum for them possible and out the door promptly so it doesn't end up becoming a sideshow while we go through these qualifiers and start the domestic season in 4 weeks.

The disharmony in the dressing room at the start of last season was evident and we ending up crashing out against AEK and having our worst start to the league in over 20 years. Dembele had his head turned, Boyata was looking to move, the rat and Lawwell were *-swinging against each other. A shambles all in.

I just want 25-30 guys in who are solely focused on the campaign coming up. What we do over the next 8 weeks will have a huge bearing on our aspirations for 9 & 10 in a row and potentially years beyond that too. Exciting but nervous; so much at stake.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100% mate..

We all moaned about needing a rebuild for over a couple of window's..

We all agreed that Lenny needed to put his own stamp on the side if it was to be a success..

Now that it's happening we can't then moan about it..

Would we have preferred other player's than KT to go instead? Absolutely but it's big money and he has been crocked. I think both side's parties will be fairly content about the situation of him leaving..

I couldn't agree anymore bud. He's getting his own men in and being backed. He's getting them in early to hit the ground running..

Lenny will be delighted behind the scene's at how we're moving so far in my opinion, with what is a talented squad already with plenty of excellent kid's coming through..

Gerry1972 and Seán Mac D like this.
  3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Off at the first opportunity, disappointed with him, Lenny has all but confirmed he wants off.

We are getting a lot of money though for a possible top top player, but is certainly way down the pecking orders of some excellent players we've had, actually Lennys previous fullbacks he's signed have delivered more for us.

4. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'll be a bit gutted if he does go. I know it's not the same as Brendan, who frankly left us in a mess, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be disappointed in him. It is a short career, but he bleeds green and white and wouldn't be on a pittance here.

2 more years would take him to 24, so not like he'd be old either.

5. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Genuine question, what would everyone here do in KT’s position? If I was lucky enough to ever play for Celtic I doubt anything would tempt me away, especially when we’re on the cusp of 10 in a row.

6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Cant wait for this * to be over... one way or another

7. Heb Celt

It's also a dangerous move bringing this new LB in as competition,say he hits the ground running and KT doesnt get a look in,our asking price for him would plummet.Its the fact that hes the first name on the teamsheet and nobody can touch him in that position so far that we can demand such a high price.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  8. TimFloyd Gold Member

We need competition for places regardless of who of the player is.

We have had literally nobody for years to challenge KT for his place. which is a testament to KT for playing at such a consistent high level for so long as many players will and often do slack off when they know they wont get dropped.

If KT does stay, It would take a * of alot for him to be dropped but he really does need someone of a decent calibre biting at his heels for his place.

9. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    I’ve thought about this before too and honestly I would stay and laugh off any interest from those english *.

On the other hand that’s far different then actually having millions of pounds in your face and getting offered a chance to grow your career in a much bigger pond after having won everything domestically. Can’t be a hard decision in the moment

Gioventu likes this.
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I hope you’re taking the *.

If he hits the ground running & keeps Tierney out we have won the jackpot & will have 2 x 30+ million pound players. One will play in front of the other on the left hand side, bearing in mind Kieran plays right back for Scotland.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  11. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    KT, Rogic,Ntcham, Lustig and Boyata huge players to lose, turning into a * of a summer

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I dont think we are willing to let him go but at 25-30m its hard for the club to turn down.

He also might want to leave.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

As much as they have been good players and leaders for us, I look at another way. Things had gone a bit stale with us. Bringing in fresh faces that are eager to impress will bring the competitive edge that we've been lacking. We seen the positive impact that Christie's breakout in October had on the team. His enthusiasm seemed to be infectious and spur other players round about him to perform better.

Boyata and Lustig were always going to go.

Ntcham contributed absolutely nothing last season and his attitude and skulking about is more of a hindrance than a blessing to us.

Rogic didn't kick a ball for us after Christmas, if he does go it'll be on our terms as he's tied up for another 4 years.

Tierney has been a massive player for us but if he goes then he has wanted to go. Once they're in that frame of mind and you block it then things can get messy. Again if he goes it will be on our terms.

The good thing is if the latter 3 go then we could be looking at another £50 million+ coming into the club. If we spend even half of that shrewdly then we will in all likelihood be in better shape.

14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I hate seeing so much sense in this haha I don't like change. There is no way Celtic bring in a 3 mil back up to Tierney in my opinion, I think he will definitely be off as someone has posted Bombo has left his RV training camp is inbound.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    only thing niggling me , why have celtic no offered a lucrative contract for him to stay ? all I read is we have a price and wont budge . He,s worth it any any chancer thinking if he gets more I want more can up their game and earn it .

Ghotti Bhoy likes this.
  16. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    We haven't lost any of them.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yet

18. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Arsenal can’t afford KT and no one has any strong links for the rest all just rumour.
    Stop being a negative *.

19. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Because if he wants to leave for the money there is no way we can or will match Arsenal’s wages.
    He also just signed a new contract not long ago and is already on 20k a week.
    I don’t think Arsenal will happen this summer as they are now after Zaha and that will be their summer budget gone unless they punt Aubameyang to Utd for £50million as reported in which case they might come back in for KT.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Change makes people feel uneasy, particularly when it involves players that have played a huge part in our recent unprecedented domestic success but it's also a necessity. The scale of the rebuild is down to how horrendously the rat recruited but Lennon done it before when taking over after Mowbray and we're in nowhere near as bad shape as we were then.

The huns didn't change in the summer of 1997 and went into that season playing the same guys that had been out boozing and lording it when we were on our knees, Goram, Gazza etc. Their failure to keep things fresh gave us an opportunity to exploit and that's exactly what we did.

There's no doubt all the guys above are outstanding players but for a variety of reasons we're not playing at the level that we should. Players have been ran into the ground, others are disinterested, some have became comfortable in the knowledge that their place in the team is secure because of our lack of alternatives.

In short the shake-up to the squad this summer is badly needed, we've effectively been in 2nd gear for the best part of 2 seasons. To our credit we've still managed to win every single domestic trophy in that period but eventually that will come to an end unless we keep changing.