1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 8, 2019.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Can't argue with that. Time will tell this season. The fact that we essentially played all of last season with only one recognized striker was a big problem for us. So with Griffiths hopefully back and fully fit if Bayo can turn out to be a good player that would be another big boost for us up top as just Edouard and Griffiths is not enough depth to put it mildly given the number of games we play.

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree mate had a strike rate for his last club of better than a goal every 2 games in the Slovak league which is probably on par with spl plus wee lubo said he would be a top striker and I’m not arguing with the weeman

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lennon saying he is delighted with what he has seen of Bayo with the line “it’s like 2 new players with Bayo and Shved” :56:

Technically he is correct as they have played 7 minutes for Celtic between them!

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Folk like slagging that line but Shved and Bayo are literally 2 new signings.

5. Keano88

Big Bayo will thrive on all these crosses coming his way.

Hopefully get to see him and Eddie partnered later on.

6. Jenksy

Found it a wee bit embaressing the reaction to his goal in training he is in the 6 yard box ffs, willing to give this guy time but we don't have a great record with these type of targetmen strikers, seems very similiar to Balde a big guy with not the best technique, can't see him ever starting before Edouard and Griff and will prob be used when we need a goal in the last 10 mins, hoping to be surprised and find he has the hold up ability of Sutton or JVH

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    So is Arzani really, he only played about 20 minutes as well I think or less.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Perfectly true.

And won't disagree as neither have really (shved more so) done anything.

But neither are signed this window, which is what fans always want to see, and neither are in positions we desperate to sort out.
    I know some want a new striker, but I'm with the line "like a new player" when it comes to bayo as he is the third striker and we haven't seen him play, really. We surely don't need 4 strikers if we are only playing one up top? And have youth still to turn to.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

DennyCelt likes this.
  9. Pearse67*

What are you basing this on though?
    If you watch his movement for that goal i find that more impressive than the finish.
    * give the guy a chance.

deanoyvb7 and DennyCelt like this.
  10. Keano88

Think you quoted the wrong post Damo.

Peej likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, meant to quote Paul.

* Tapatalk

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Keano88 likes this.
  12. Jenksy

Aye tbf Im basing it on the videos I've seen of him play in the past, he looks good attacking crosses which is good as we don't have anybody else like that, I just don't think he has the technique to be the guy we turn to playing away in Europe, but I will give him time and hope to be surprised

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BACK from injury and raring to go, Celtic striker Vakoun Bayo has impressed Neil Lennon at the club’s Austrian summer training camp, and now can’t wait to repay the manager’s faith on the pitch.

“I’m really happy to be here on my first pre-season tour with Celtic,” said Bayo in an exclusive interview with the official Celtic website. “It’s very warm here in Austria, but that’s nothing new for me because I’m from Africa. Our training programmes have been challenging, but I feel good for it and I’ve enjoyed everything so far.

“I picked up an injury not long after singing for Celtic back in January, but now it’s better and I’m fully fit and ready to go. It’s great to be back on the training pitch, and now I can’t wait to get playing.

“The manager has said to me on a few occasions that I’ve performed well at training. He told me that I’ve did very well, and that, of course, makes me very, very happy. It’s great for my confidence and I hope to repay him with good performances when it comes to matchday.”

With two games still remaining on the Scottish champions’ summer tour, Bayo is expected to feature in some capacity in one or both of those games, and aims to capitalise on the opportunity when it comes.

Speaking of new Bhoy Christopher Jullien, Bayo likewise looks forward to another French voice in the Celtic dressing room, and admits he’s slowly but surely adapting to the speed of the Glaswegian accent.

He added: “I don’t know when my first game will be here on the summer training camp, it might be Saturday or Tuesday. I also don’t know if I’ll start, but no matter what, I’m really looking forward to it. I can’t wait to get out there and get myself off the mark on the goal front.

“Christopher Jullien coming in, from a personal perspective, is great for me in that it’s another French player in the dressing room. I love the Glasgow accent, but it’s so fast. Sometimes I’m not sure what Scott Brown, for example, is saying, but I try my best. But Scott is a great, great player and is so good with everyone away from the pitch too.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Seemingly doing well in pre season here and hopefully adds more competition up top. Can only be a good thing. Would like to see us kick on and start with two up top.

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye but he seemingly won’t make it here after 2 or 3 development games and 7 minutes of first team football!

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Hope he can be a success, still think we need another striker.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hopefully gets 45 today.

18. TheHappyLoss

30+ goals next season

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I would take the risk and play him at least home vs. Sarajevo. In games where we are heavy favorites, he will have even more chances to impress.