1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    An extra 200 grand a month will be motivation enough for anyone to move on, and rightly so.

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Anyone? As in absolutely anyone? It's a viewpoint that has become more common. I bet the man in your avatar would not agree and I don't think KT would either. I can't see him leaving for a middling EPL side TBH.

The bigger problem is that he'll have been looking at Virgil and Andy Robinson winning a European cup. Arsenal would provide him with a platform. It's got to be tempting for him.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Ok cheers :43:

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Would we go bust though? We would basically be paying them the transfer fees we would fork out to replace them.

5. TheHappyLoss

According to Mark Donaldson on Talksport the move to Arsenal is already down the line :(

6. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    If we knew money would be put back into players then 25m would be worth a shot, but we * know we will sell one of our best players and invest * all back in to replace, * PL the rancid *.

Should be * riots if we sell as we all know he wont be replaced by a good enough player and we should not be taking risks with 9 and 10.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I would be surprised if KT wanted to leave.

Even if he stayed for ten he would only be 24/25 with his whole career in front of him.

If he gets forced out to pay for a rebuild I hope he sticks Lawwell right in the *.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye.

Ajax should just give De Jong and De Ligt the wages they’re worth instead of acting tin pot as well.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  9. jamiebhoy67

In all seriousness if we sell KT especially at 25 million I seriously wont give them another penny it's not just that KT is one of the fan favourites he literally represents everything we love about the club from what I understand theres only one thought in his head and that's to play for Celtic.

If he goes then it shows we would sell out the fabric of the club to the highest bidder I personally think he would say no them whoever it may be until at least the next 2 year anyway

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll be absolutely gutted if he goes before the ten. He definitely will be inside as well. His stomach will be in knots now no doubt.
    The fact is though he’s trained & the club have helped, to be the best player he can be from a very early age & he’s well on the way to that.

Top sportsmen have it in themselves to be the best they can possibly be & unfortunately for us & KT in the current climate he won’t reach that here & he is undoubtedly a top player & can go on to be in the elite bracket.
    What a pleasure it is & has been watching him develop & I wish him all the best whichever route he goes, be it before or after the 10.
    People saying as a supporter they would stay aren’t giving true justice to KT, he is one of us & always will be.

Offering him the money might be the right thing for the club to do as far as we are concerned, but not enough to swing the deal for KT.

Just to be clear though I want him to stay & the club imho can afford to match offers to him that would seem ridiculous a short while ago £75k -90k I’m reading. The thing is your very top players earn as much if not more outside football from sponsorship etc. So the actual wages become even less meaningful in planet football.

11. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Waves aren’t everything mate. Todays top footballers have feelings as well & sometimes a big cuddle is all that’s needed. There’s nothing tinpot about that.

Valhalla likes this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

That’s a point most wont have considered. Even if it all comes to nothing (which will be very opposite to supporters) it will be causing mayhem in his head and heart and is very likely to affect the squad as a whole too.

We really don’t need the turmoil with a CL qualifier in 2 weeks.

13. Maestro 08

Get the impression someone will meet his imaginery asking price. I.e 25 million this summer. Can only hope if the bid is accepted that KT tells them to get tae!

14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I'd stay at Celtic.

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Money talk, sadly. Would take a nutter to knock back the wages being mentioned. Especially when you never know when a 4 year contract could be your last.

16. horseshoe

Being injured and needing surgery could be a factor in him leaving, if he does, could have brought into sharp focus how short a career can be if something goes wrong, he might want to move sooner rather than later and not get kicked off the park week after week for 60 games a season again. I can't think of a player that gets smashed with as little protection from officials as him right now.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

Best move to the super EPL where they will protect him then.

18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Just put on Talksport for the first time in living memory to see if there is any news on this vital topic and a certain effing Hun is sitting in for Brazil!!!:31:
    As I rushed to switch the bleeding channel the * was rambling on about how is backing the England Cricket team triple ffs!!:31:

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hes a nutter and will knock it back. Plus if hes injured and this ended up his last contract they've got massive insurance to cover that, Craig Gordon revealed that. Then if this was his last 4 years, atleast hes lived his life dream.

20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Would love to know the insurance details and what it covers.

He won't knock it back. Don't kid yourself on.