1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Thought he spoke really well in both interviews

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon admits he couldn't help but laugh when a list of Celtic transfer targets leaked online

The Premiership champions were left bemused back in May when a dossier showing a list of potential targets was circulated on fans' forums and social media.

It purported to be from a recruitment meeting in April involving several high-ranking figures within the club.

Lennon , who was enjoying a well earned break at the time, insists the list is now well out of date and the club have brushed it off.

He said: "I was on holiday when it happened.

I had a little chuckle to myself because it was an old one anyway.

"I don't think there are too many on that list which are on the list we have now.

It's obviously something we don't want to happen but it's been dealt with and we move on."

The Parkhead boss, however, is taking interest in his top stars very seriously.

He admits the club are braced for bids for the likes of Kieran Tierney , Olivier Ntcham and Callum Mcgregor

reported £15million bid from Arsenal for Tierney has been turfed out, while claims of a £17.5m offer from Leicester and Brendan Rodgers for McGregor are understood to be wide of the mark.

Ntcham, who opened the door on a return to France last week, remains a target for Marseille, Lyon and Porto.

Lennon, who is set to add David Turnbul l to his squad over the weekend, said: "I would expect bids. We’re realistic and I’d be surprised if there weren’t any offers for them, put it that way because they’re both extremely talented players.

So I may have a decision to make but there’s been nothing for us to think about yet. For someone so young, Kieran already has vast experience – he’s played Champions League, Europa League, internationals and he’s won trophies.

“I don’t think he would fear going anywhere but, personally, it would be a wrench for him because the club means so much to him.

“However, we’ll cross that bridge if and when we come to it but we don’t want to lose him.”

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    The Celtic 'new faces' that Neil Lennon admits have him excited ahead of Austria training camp

The Hoops head out to their pre-season training camp next week and Lennon admits he's excited.

Neil Lennon has half a Celtic team he hasn’t even seen before who will fight for his attention in pre-season.

The manager takes his squad to Austria and Switzerland for a three-game camp to prep for their Euro qualifiers

Lennon said: “Our injury list was horrendous so it’s great to see Jack Hendry............

Lennon does go on to talking about the Thumb and the possibility of the two American lads coming back to training and Bayo.

But * me this give me the fear about Jack Hendry and the fact he is saying this means he is not getting a centre half in.

I’ve just got a terrible feeling we are not going to strengthen at all for all of the Champions league qualifying rounds and Turnbull was our main blue chip signing.

4. themouth1888

This is a strange one with Lennom as he's Celtic through and through and will want 10iar as much as the fans.

I cant see him taking this in knowing he had a tiny budget? We dont get 10iar the board will get it tight but it will be a massive black mark on Lennon also

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lennon saying we don’t want to lose him gives me optimism.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I mean I think everyone knows we dont want to lose him. Who would.

I have a bad feeling. Hope I'm wrong.

7. saltire78

Ok, nobody's going to like this, but truth is that right now we've no idea what Hendry could give us. It's been an age since we saw him last, and Rodgers defensive style was chaotic at best compared to how Lennon will probably deploy. Other possibility is he's upping him to try to sell him... we'll just have to wait and see

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  8. bhoy81

We do have an idea, he is * *.

9. saltire78

Remember hearing people say that about Forrest and McGregor too...

Tommy25 and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. Jeremie Frimpong

That's plenty. :giggle1:

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Hendry is brutal, not even good enough as back-up, needs punted.

12. bhoy81

I’m sorry but do you really think that Hendry will turn into a first team starter like them two? Not a * chance

13. oh bhoy

Jack * hendry * up lenny and stop being lawwell's puppet ,is it too hard to say Tierney and McGregor are goin nowhere

Tommy25 and bhoy81 like this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Jack Hendry was scared of a 6 year old running to hi five him in Tesco! He is rank!

littlekennie and bhoy81 like this.
  15. saltire78

Never said I did. Only that no-one currently has the first clue what nick he's in... he was signed because he had potential, and maybe he's trained hard, matured and will actually compete. Maybe he's even more disappointing than he turned out to be... in short, * knows! I'd trust Lenny to give him a chance and then keep/ditch as appropriate.

It's extremely unlikely he'll bounce back, but until he leaves he's one of players and * on him for no reason, over a throw away comment in a press conference is pointless

16. saltire78

Also true... but not wasting time trawling through the comments to prove it...

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We all know Hendry is abysmally pish..

The new manager doesn't come out and tell the whole world that though..

Random Review and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  18. bhoy81

That’s what it sounded like, potential he 24 he should be more than established at his age but he is light years behind Ajer who is 3 years younger.

He has had his chance, he is * mince.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think you should leave KT do what’s best for you and the heated driveway!

Gully Sands likes this.