1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Keane

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Lennons_Ghirl, Sep 29, 2005.

Discuss Roy Keane in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigSeanThornton

Not surprised you stuck your big ugly mush in tonight. - do you actually have a life ???? - keyboard hard man who trolls posts to pick fights with fans who don't dance to your tune eh. - we at least don't proclaim to be the best ever fan on here. You DONT even go to the games, but then again your the expert on everything Celtic eh.

2. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Well he is a bit right

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I've no doubt he is Celtic minded. You can sort of tell, and Lee Dixon's hug and reaction tells me he knows Keane's a Tim. Having said that, there's no need to come across as such a * the way he does. Don't celebrate getting to the group's and winning effectively the lottery? Aye alright Roy :rolleyes:
    He's probably been slating the club for it's direction in Europe the last 2 year's and publicly knocked us back, but aye, let's slate the improvements being made in a short space of time..

Digging out Brendan was * although yes, he did have some point's. Watching the goals back and the lack of a foot in was absolutely 100% disgraceful at any level..

Lee Dixon was bang on the money. We're a huge club, a great club, but we aren't a great side..

Any pal's of mine down here aren't giving it the usual banter and digs. Not 1 has give it and infact everybody is saying "that's Barca, there on another planet" "they can do that to anyone "

Sick of listening to us getting crucified on here and elsewhere after such positivity that's no ended on my part. I suppose some have been waiting for a chance to stick the boot in though..

To shorten it up, aye Roy, your half right but your still a *!.

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Chris Sutton has pulled him up today.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sutty pulls him up for being a failed Manager. As a failed Manager.

This is why I don't like listening to either of them and much prefer listening to Strachan or Lenny or someone who has proper experience and credentials to be making comments.

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's true though. You don't have one post about the rout of the huns but you just couldn't wait to get on here after the Barca game. I mean seriously, what is that all about?

I'll look forward to your reply the next time we get beat.

8. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I think as a former player (albeit a short stint) he wants to see the club doing well, he's also a man who has some times very high (almost unrealistic) expectations. He sees Celtic as a massive club and his mind he thinks we should be aiming a lot higher than celebrating just qualifying for the champions league. I don't think it comes from bitterness or anything, it's just his mentality. I don't think it was bitterness about being a failure in management or anything like that.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Keane needs a reality check.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Kind of similar to Sutton in a way a year or so back.

I can mind plenty of his articles, Hartson to a lesser extent as well, moaning about our transfer policy etc. Think they needed a reality check in terms of what we could spend. They were still living in the days when they plied their trade up here earning 40k a week.

11. Bunk Moreland

Have you any idea of some of the teams Barcelona have turned over in the CL with similar scores? You think it's a joke when they could spend our annual operating budget on one player whenever they feel like it and do it twice if they had to?

A joke? ffs get a grip

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. Heb Celt

Couldn't agree more mate,i know losing 7-0 is a bad result but me like most other Tims are happy to be there and hoping BR can get a win amonst the hardest group we could have got.KTF or should i say KAI:smiley-laughing002:

13. Bunk Moreland

Barcelona in La Liga just this season have pumped Deportivo 8-0, Getafe 6-0. Rayo 5-1. Sporting Gijon 6-0, Espanyol 5-0, Eibar 4-0 and ALL those teams can outspend us by tens of millions.

I said from the start, the objective was getting there and the £30m that comes with it, next season is the aim to be competitive.

Martin O'Neill and WGS needed 3 transfer windows to make us competitive in the CL, Neil Lennon needed 5 windows, Rodgers has had one so far and still somehow got us there. Anyone saying it's not good enough and that getting beat off Barca 7-0 is embarrassing needs their balls toed.

14. TimFloyd Gold Member

:50: people are some how raging that we didn't bring in 10 new players in one window for every position.

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Good post :50:

Didn't realise they'd been thumping teams so frequently this season.

16. Lounge Act

True.

If only Roy Keane had the brain cells to think about it like this. The man is entitled to his opinion given his standing but you'd expect a little more thought from someone who has been in the game as long as he has.

The gap between the quality of the big leagues and the smaller ones is getting exponentially bigger season by season and sadly we're at a point where just being in the competition can be considered the target - hence the celebrations when we qualified against Hapoel. Anything else is a bonus.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s gonny end up here isn’t he?

Would sum us up just now.

19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song: