1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not supporting the team would just not be a viable option, for the majority.

We have just won a triple treble and for all their faults the board and the PLC deserve some credit for it.. and I’m no supporter of the board and believe we need change.. however a dose of reality is required, we are in a very strong position..

It is however, a massive window in lots of ways.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We never replaced Armstrong, Moussa or Roberts last season and look at our form and then zombie * got better.

I couldn’t bare to think what would happen if we lost Calmac and KT, Ntcham I’m not that bothered with.

But if we lost all three I don’t think we would replace them with real quality.

ladbroke8 likes this.
  3. Aidan O’Shea

If he goes, he’s scum. He’s crocked anyway, so a chance for some good business.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I don’t know if you are having a bit of a laugh or serious??????

5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They brought in Rodgers, but failed to back him after season 1. Any credit they had, is gone. Deila was their stupid idea, with which they forced Lennon to go. Now, we're back with Lennon- cycle coming to an end. The Celtic FC board are the last hope of Rangers to stop 10IAR.

6. clonbhoy

Dembele and VVD were undersold, sell-on clauses or not. I can't imagine KT is angling for move, so if Arsenal want him it should be stupid money.

Rydo1888*, Keano88, JML67 and 3 others like this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Still, they brought in Rodgers and for that they deserve some credit. And it can't be argued we've been a financial success, over PLs tenure.

But, aye it could have been better, but it could have been a lot worse too.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. DonnyCelt

Everton supposedly back in for KT

9. Belgian_lad

If he is serious he'd need a kick up his balls!

10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He's trolling, ignore him.

Belgian_lad, Jeannie960 and PaddyBhoy like this.
  11. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Are you bullying me?

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I think that tends to be downplayed a bit @JC Anton because Lawell is not exactly fan friendly. Desmond better than any man knows the value of a pound and he knows the job he’s getting from Lawell and trusts him and is the reason he is one of the best CEO’s in Britain. We are victims of our geography and also our domestic domination and because of this the fans, rightfully think we should be improving in Europe. I think there is plenty of room for improvement and I also believe that the Rodgers fee and any other that come into the club needs handed to Lenny. No use boosting your bank balance when you are standing still satisfied with what is achievable at home and not in European competition. But I’m pretty happy where we are and I remember as fresh the despair we had before Fergus and Dempsey saved us in the final hour.

JC Anton and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I refuse to believe he's going anywhere. Maybe I'm just in denial, but it's clear as day he's Celtic through and through.

Someone like that doesn't just walk away from their boyhood club, plus we could potentially be in the CL this season and arsenal won't (not that I'm saying we're a better club like, just another factor).

packybhoy, Belgian_lad and stubhoy07 like this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No I’m pointing out how stupid your posts have been.

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I can't see it that way, mate. The last 3 times we played them we got a narrow victory against 10 men at CP and were well beaten twice at Ibrox. To me it just seems obvious that they have closed the gap considerably. They will strengthen this summer and there is every chance we will come out weaker the way things are panning out so far.

If that happens, there will be a proper title race next season. The blame for that will lie half and half with our board and Congerton (though I fear Lenny might be scapegoated). I don't think any of us want a real title race next year, so close to the 10.

There is still plenty of time to avoid this scenario: a big beast of a CB to partner Ajer and a RB, back up LB and big "no noes" to selling KT or CM until after the 10 and I think we will win the title comfortably again. This is not asking the board to break the bank and spend more than is prudent.

I'm happy to see us buying young talent to develop again (in the form of Turnbull and hopefully more); but we've underinvested since Congerton arrived, so this season we do need 2 or 3 players that can just slot straight into the first team.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    We finished 9 points ahead last season. That isn’t an insurmountable gap by any means. It’s been clear for 18 months now that we’ve needed to strengthen certain areas but we’ve yet to do so.

Losing two of our best players in KT and CM is unlikely to happen imo, and would be a worst case scenario, but it would be a massive, massive leveller.

Random Review likes this.
  17. Belgian_lad

I agree! Ofcourse clubs will want to buy him and try each transfer period. But somehow i believe he doesnt look like a man wanting away. If we dont win it this yearmight be different in 12mths. But he knows each year his stock will rise.

bagforlife and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If KT is desperate to go is he in essence doing a “Rodgers” for the sake of his career is what someone asked me today.

The difference in my opinion is he is going at the right time at the start of the window and maybe he fears being part of the team who * up 10 (if it happens)

But their counter argument was:

He has 4 years of a £18k a week deal left
    He is a mad Celtic fan
    He has the lure of 10 in a row
    He is almost certain to become captain
    He is one of the most influential in dressing room
    He is 22 later this year even allowing for staying another 3 years he would be 24-25 with at least 8-10 years left at EPL LEVEL.

To go to Arsenal he is trading trophies and adulation for personal gain, he will never be as idolised at the “gooners” as he is here.

Celtic according to the accounts do not need the money or do they?

If he goes a lot of questions will need to be answered by both Tierney and the board of Celtic “

For once in my lifetime I found it difficult to argue with a hun!

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    You should have just said "No."

clonbhoy and Spring Time like this.
  20. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Before this week I never thought there would be even a remote chance of this happening.

I'm just hoping that he doesn't feel pressure to leave if our aresholes of a board accept an offer.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.