1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    PSG are after the Champions League, the domestic trophies are bought and paid for.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So is Pep a flop then as that what Man City brought him in for, and my other point still stands that since the oil money came in no PSG manager has done it in Europe.

3. KingArtur'1

If we sell either KT or Calmac to balance books then the board need chased instantly

4. TheHappyLoss

Unthinkable

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  5. Jeremie Frimpong

How weak would our left flank be if we were to sell him?

6. KingArtur'1

If we go selling our biggest assets now then be aswell chucking it because it shows zero ambition other than book balancing

7. Jeremie Frimpong

The writing was on the wall when we appointed Lennon.

8. Jeremie Frimpong

If it is true that we have flat out refused to entertain offers for McGregor, but not Tierney, thereby encouraging offers for him, it is a * disgrace!

The IRA and richardm like this.
  9. Lewis Kerr

It’s not surprising though

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  10. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    If Tierney has asked to be allowed to talk to interested clubs then there is no point keeping him here if that’s his wish.

Disappointing when it’s one of your own but he’ll earn at least £80,000 per week down there so what can you do.

There is no reason for Celtic to sell at this point as he’s still got a few years left on his contract, so I’d be inclined to believe it will be Tierney wanting to go rather than us desperately trying to get rid of him.

But, who knows.

It would have been nice if he’d stayed for the ten but money does tend to rule the roost nowadays.

Not that money will be his sole reason for wanting to leave, but if he does want to leave then it disappoints me that he wouldn’t stay for the next two years.

He would only be 24 at that point and would have plenty of time to do what he wants in the game, whether that’s earning money or playing at the highest level he can.

Can understand if it was somebody like Ntcham as he has no affinity with the club, but would disappoint me a bit if it’s Tierney that wants to go.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  11. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The attempted tabloid destruction of Celtic. If it’s not interest in our players and comments on them having hit a development plateau. It’s linking us with every player under the sun only for the huns to be swooping in to steal the deal.

I don’t buy a paper. I changed that long ago and decided to simply Google search Celtic, but over the past year or so, the Google integrated news outlets like HITC, football insider are perma-fixed to as the top hits and the stories are utter trash.

* the media. * the * rags. KT won’t be heading anywhere until at least 10iar or some unreal team or offer comes in.

... and * the board. Spend big on 2-3 star players. Pay the mercenaries to come to our less glamorous league and bleed more youth - Ajax/Salzburg, give the fans success and then sell and rebuild again. * me they sell too early or door spend the money well enough at all. * the board again.

Love a Sunday rant, have a great day.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Is that real, mate?

It's a * car crash, mate. If he goes, there will be an entire L-shaped hole in our team defensively. Not only that, since he turned 32, every season we are basically rolling the dice to see if Broony can still do it. No one is happier than me that so far he has proved the doubters wrong; but inevitably at his age, at some point in the next couple of years it will happen. What if it's this season? What if we sell CM too as per the rumours? I have zero trust in the board at this exact moment. I'm praying they prove me wrong.

I'm trying very hard not to panic here. I'm all for buying young players potential, developing them, sell and repeat; but a full half a team of young potential in the same one season would surely make the 9 far trickier.

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Seriously how do you jump to that?

14. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I do NOT think he is going this summer,not a chance.

bagforlife likes this.
  15. horseshoe

Did I miss something, it's reported we rejected a bid, so that means the board are forcing him out let's riot? Some of you are off your nut.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don’t know, but probably not.

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Tar n feather them Packy.

packybhoy likes this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ohh it more than balances the book fact is theirs 40 million sitting their.... No need to sell a high asset unless we don't make CL unfortunately for us and for every incoming window this fiasco won't disappear until the outcome of the qualifiers are over

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

19. Al Bootyerbaws

75 grand a week I’m reading he will get if he goes to England. That is some amount of money to be earning. If KT does go then I’ll be gutted but you honestly could not blame the guy.

20. DonnyCelt

Exactly. Maybe if the board show some ambition and speculate to accumulate, then we would be reaching the CL and not selling off the likes of KT or McGregor to balance the books