1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I agree with you at this moment. Can’t think of much worse. At least Ralston stood up to Neymar.:87:

Random Review likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He was only at PSG two years, from 2016 to 2018 where he won 7 trophies out of 8 domestically he lost the league to a very good Monaco side.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yup absolutely tore us a new *, I honestly doubt if some * actually watch football.

4. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    the point is, if we can’t keep hold of the man who epitomises Celtic, who lives Celtic, who breathes Celtic, off the back of a historic tr3ble tr3ble, on the verge of equaling our own record of 9 titles in a row, and a potential record smashing 10 in a row...where do we go from here?

Seán Mac D and MickeyyMack like this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Well he destroyed domestic teams. With arsenal he has been given far less money to spend by the other teams around bar Spurs and he is recovering from the squad left to him. You can talk about how great Klopp and Pep are but look at the money they spent over the past couple of years to get there.

richardm and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Even on Arsenal Fan TV today the main guy on there Robbie was saying it’s an embarrassing offer for Tierney and he’s worth at least the 25m Celtic are by all accounts looking for.

Arsenal are clearly at it and I’d assume they will come back with something bigger and more realistic but personally I’d want over 30m to even get serious with anyone, I will be sad to see KT leave to join anyone but surely the worst scenario would be to go to Leicester as it’s now emerging they are an interested party

7. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Best goal (Cavani) and individual performance (Rabiot) I've seen at parkhead.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    He
    The football they played was great to watch against the likes of us though Rodgers tactics against they teams were embarrassing but when you’ve got probably 3 of the most expensive strikers in the wo and probably 3 of the best 5 in the world at your disposal, PSG Were expecting to get better than last 16 of champions league in both seasons

When Arsenal clicked aswell they played nice fitbaw under him but they were also losing to teams like Newcastle Bournemouth and the likes
    Guy might improve next season but over last
    PSG got to quarter finals 4 years in a trot before emery came they signed him to take them to a better level, and he got them to last 16 in his 2 years so he wasn’t a success there

9. Jeremie Frimpong

Manchester United and Crystal Palace have held talks over a deal for Aaron Wan-Bissaka, which could see the 21-year-old English defender move to Old Trafford for an initial £42.5m. (Mail)

£100m for Tierney, then?

10. The10iscominghome Upthera1888

If he goes PL is just seeing £££££££££ tell them to * off and come back in 2 years time with 30mil he won’t want to go. Only way he will go if he’s forced out the door. You’d can say what yous want most of us never wanted Lenny to get it permanently aye he got us the treble treble under immense pressure but the foundations were there Rodgers leaving obviously left a hole and Lenny filled it but it’s like going back to your ex 9/10 it doesn’t end well.. I’m not saying I don’t want him there but he’s not in the same bracket as Rodgers. If KT goes every single fan will want the boards head on a stick. Looking at it on the outside with turnbull all the big teams down south will be running there hands and thinking they’ll be able to get our best players on the cheap cause it seems to look like we can’t negotiate for shi*. Nothing seems to get kept in house one day in social media saying all sorts and John Kennedy basically slaying him and his agent 2 days later he’s ment to be singing then heard nothing since * is going on 1 RB to our name the defence is the number one priority and there singing a midfielder that’s just played a full season with motherwell in my opinion give Mikey Johnston playing time week in week out and we will see that he’s a better player bring in some experience someone that’s going to make an impact straight away

11. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You can continue justifying you're dislike of him as much as you want but I'm sticking by my statement on his team's performance at Parkhead as I believe in giving credit where's it's due

Random Review and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    PSG have brought a lot of managers in to take them to that next level and none have managed it, how can you say a manager that wins 7 out of 8 domestic trophies isn’t a success. So is Pep a failure at Man City as I’m pretty sure he was brought in for that, or even Rodgers for what he done in his time here. You are using an argument that suits your point to try and prove it as fact when it clearly isn’t.

richardm, Random Review and Valhalla like this.
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Emery is one of the best managers in Europe. His record speaks for itself. The fact he had that Arsenal squad in top 4 contention and took them to the Europa Final while the whole club is going through a total overhaul after Wenger left was some achievement.

He’s not on the same level as the likes of Klopp and Pep but no other managers are.

richardm, DoTheBroony and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  14. wulliebad

I would like to think that the board know there would be * outrage if KT was sold just now......they turned down a offer for larrson way back when because they know the fans would go batshit........so i really hope KT has no interest in going anywhere just yet.

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A don’t dislike the guy, pep won a treble in a league that had the 4 Europa league and champions league finalists so he did bring them to another level

Just saying might be wrang but don’t think
    Don’t dislike the guy at aw Totally agree mate thought they were brilliant against us probably the best display I’ve seen from an opposing team at Celtic Park in all my years

Also agree with gyp you don’t win 3 europa League s if you’re a bad manager

Just saying before emery came PSG with the financial backing they got had already won 3 league s in a row and got to quarters in ucl 4 years in a row, just saying might be wrang but a think PSG club and fans would’ve been expecting him to win the league but also to take them farther in Europe and 2 last 16s with the talent and money they have isn’t being successful

Pep winning the first treble ever in a league that had the 2 champions league finalists and the 2 Europa league finalists is taking Manchester City to another level

richardm and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  16. Conlon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Past - Henrik .... Present - Who knows
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing... among others
    Papers are going all out on punting Tierney now, say celtic had accepted A deal from Everton last year

"Arsenal step up Kieran Tierney bid as Celtic 'talks' begin

While Celtic are looking for nearer the £25m value they agreed last summer with Everton before the Goodison side pulled out of the deal, the Gunners are expected to come back and test their resolve in the next 48 hours with a deal in the region of £20million."

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

17. MattD

He’s very good but I wouldn’t put him up there with the likes of Klopp and co, who are greats.

Seville had a great setup there and he was definitely the right manager, but his time with PSG was dodgy which raised a few questions.

18. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Paper talk is that Tierney is up for sale at the right price (25m) , whereas Mcgregor is not for sale under any circumstances.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    How exactly was his time at PSG dodgy then? At the fear of sounding as if I have a stutter he won 7 of 8 domestic trophies. Yes he never cut it in the Champions League but no * has at PSG even given all their money.

20. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If we do sell him (would be horrific imo) we should get that left back from Rosenborg, Meling? I think it is.

In fact we should go for him anyway :giggle1: