1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The first time or the second?

James likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It was unprofessional tho..

3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It is to me buddy. I remember us getting the runaround from Mark or Marco Viduka as he was at the time and his people and I thought * off *.....I feel the exact same with this shower too.

The semantics may be slightly different but my feelings when people are at it with my club are what they are.

If he scores a goal' I'll cheer because that's what I do when Celtic score' but he will always be that * * Turnbull to me.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Did it ultimately work?

I personally found it cringe as * but we live in the age of Twitter and this will be the norm for years to come.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Motherwell's David Turnbull is set to sign a four-year Celtic deal after choosing the Scottish champions over Norwich City.

Norwich were favourites to capture the midfielder due to Celtic pulling out as both parties failed to agree terms.

But despite the 19-year-old travelling to Carrow Road on Wednesday, BBC Scotland has learned the Glasgow side have made a new and successful offer.

Both clubs have had fees worth £3.25m accepted by the Fir Park board.

The deal between Celtic and the Motherwell starlet seemed dead in the water on Tuesday, with the treble treble winners stepping back as the Premier League newcomers swooped in.

Prior to that, initial stalled talks prompted Celtic to release a statement, saying they would "move on" if the player would not accept their "magnificent offer".

However, despite having the chance of signing an attractive deal with Norwich this week, Turnbull has decided his footballing future is at Celtic Park.

Last season, the Fir Park academy graduate scored 15 goals in his breakthrough season, netting a third of the Scottish Premiership club's goals.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The window has just opened and Turnbull and his agent have explored all their options, rightly or wrongly * us about.

Viduka signed and then went in a huff for months before joining us.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I hope not, but sadly you're probably right.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Maybe just maybe all along he told celtic he wanted to look at all his options before making a decision and the media especially the rags have blown it out of proportion

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

merthyn, Stevenh1992 and Belgian_lad like this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If he wanted to be a Celtic player he would've demanded it happen at the very latest after the tweet was out. He knocked us back for a 2nd time, started retweeting Kennedy's tweet, goes down to Norwich then still pulls the strings with us and asks for us to put the deal we allegedly retracted back on the table so he can accept.

Fair enough if it was David Silva we were after not David * Turnbull.

Horrible start to a Celtic career. People will be on his back at the first whiff of a bad performance or attitude after these antics.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Probably the case. He must see something he likes as Norwich would pay him more and many players would have that ahead of trophies

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are fabricating things from thin air. Until either he or the club state it, nothing happened other than a stalling of a negotiation that was then picked back up and now looks to be concluded.

merthyn and Belgian_lad like this.
  12. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Is this back on? :giggle1:

If it gets done then it's ultimately a good signing. If he wanted to explore all options then fair enough - not everyone is a Celtic fan. Makes the roasters giving him abuse on social media look worse.

Stevenh1992 likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Kids gonna need to go some to get the fans all on board if this now goes through.

Absolute joke of a saga this has been.

This agent has been a right bawache too often to us now and I can see him being a * in 12-18 months again.

Either badgering a move because turnbull isn't getting game time, or begging to be top earner or he hands in a transfer request.

See it a mile off.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He obviously rates himself and has a bit about him character wise, which are important traits for a Celtic player and should make him a good acquisition.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

You are factually correct matey but it doesn't matter to me what level of a * you are, the facts are they were both wanks and I for one don't want Turnbull anywhere near a Celtic Shirt.

If that's his attitude at 19 what kind of monster will we have when he can't get a game, or has half a good season...nah * him.

If there's two players available with equal talent, the one with the right attitude will always do for me.

Peej likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Quite a few in the Media will not be happy, this won't suit their Celtic bashing agenda.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Maybe the structure and size a sniff at European football if he goes to Norwich fight a relegation battle if they fail he stuck with championship football or come back up to a spfk team doing it the other way play for celtic perform play in Europe... He will get a pick of eol teams after him and command a even higher contract

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Agree with you, although he might have been offered £20k a week off Norwich. Im sure most English teams work it players wages are doubled when they get promoted and then they are halved when they get relegated, so he'd maybe get £20k a week but it would go back down to £10k when they get relegated which they probably will.

I also think as you said, Norwich would never give him a game in the EPL, they probably want to sign him and loan him to the Championship and maybe use his next season if they are relegated back down.

It could be he just wants a settled team and to play as much as possible, at Celtic he knows he might only get about 15 starts but overall could play 35-40 games with a lot as a sub. At Norwich he'd need to go out on loan and going out on loan can be a gamble, if he struggled to get a game out on loan which could happen he'd probably keep being loaned out and thrown about like a dog toy in the English lower Leagues until he is 21/22 and capable of first team football.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Okay

20. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He’s certainly need to have a good start

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.