1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Arzani

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by aussiehoops, Jul 25, 2018.

Discuss Daniel Arzani in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Would rather start MJ than this lad, The league in his homeland is no better than ours, in fact I would say ours is better.

MJ has shown he can make an impact when he is played in the correct position, all this lad is shown is he keeps Compper company.

This lad signed for City and before his feet hit the ground was punted out on loan. City are trying their luck with promising young players and loaning them out to make money on them and know fine well they will never see the light of day in their first team.

I would send him back, no point in developing other teams players with no deal to make the move permanent.

Xatraps likes this.
  2. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

there is a permanent buy clause in the contract...

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DA: “I’m disappointed that I won’t be there for the first leg but I hope to be there for the next one.”

DA: "The biggest mistake you can make is underestimating a team like this. It’s Champions League so anything can happen, You just have to do your research and do as well as you can."

DA: “I think we have the quality to go all the way. We just have to stick our heads down and get the job done.

DA: “My personal goals right now are focusing on getting my body right, getting my knee right and focusing on that first game.”

DA: “The manager’s been asking about my rehab. That’s a biggest confidence boost for me. It’s good to know he wants me and I can’t wait to get out there.

4. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Why won’t he be there for the 1st game?

5. Stevenh1992 SH92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    Still in rehab

6. bhoy81

Is there? How much is it? I’ve not seen anything about a permanent but clause reported when he signed.

Edit

http://www.celticfc.net/news/14785

That’s when he signed for us, nothing at all about a clause in the loan deal and that’s coming from the club.

Stevenh1992 likes this.
  7. Stevenh1992 SH92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    There definately isn't an option to buy

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

IN the immediate wake of Celtic’s UEFA Champions League first qualifying round draw against FK Sarajevo, returning Hoops player, Daniel Arzani says the Scottish champions can’t wait to return to European football.

After addressing his ACL injury and his prospective return to action, the 20-year-old Australian internationalist said the Hoops always respect their opponents, and are fully-focused on the task at hand.

He said: “The biggest mistake that you can make playing against a team like this is to underestimate them. We have the quality to go all the way in the qualifiers, but it’s up to us to get our head down and get the job done. But I think cream always rises to the top.

“When you come back to pre-season, everyone is so serious. You get the head down, you work hard and here we’re straight into it. That’s partly because of the important games this season.

“I know there are a lot of boys who played almost every game last season – they’re just as keen to do the same this season. Going out on to the field after the cup final, with the fans, that gets you so riled up and makes you want to get out there and play on the pitch.

"My personal goals right now are getting my body right, getting my eye set on that first game, and we go from there. The biggest thing forcing you back is the feeling before big games, that tension, when everyone is on the edge – I love that!”

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Sloany

Why would City sign a player, then immediately loan them out (with an option to buy), makes no sense at all. They would be taking all the risk in that:

A. If he is *, we send him packing (and they have likely been paying some of his wages) or;
    B. He is a sensation and we snip him at a fraction of his value.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Because City sign players for the banter.

12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Seems to have won quite a lot of the fans over despite having done so little.

At the moment its MJ over him for me and id be sticking with that until Arzani can take his place and show that he is a more talented player.

13. clonbhoy

I am not really bothered by the standard of the league in Australia or its comparison with Scottish football at all. It is simply down to the fact that Arzani has had more experience as a footballer and that his development isn't a primary concern to us. Mikey's development would be best served by being loaned to somewhere where he will start every game. Being a bit part player at Celtic isn't going to do him any good.

14. bhoy81

He has a few sub appearances for his national side apart from that MJ has done more at the club.

I’m going with what I’ve seen from both, and MJ has done more than him, hands down. We don’t have a option to buy so what’s the point in playing him when MJ could benefit more.

We play 60 odd games a season he could easily get 20 plus games a season here or even more than that.

Xatraps likes this.
  15. clonbhoy

I haven't seen Arzani play, but he is at least worth a look here. Regardless of that, MJ would develop far more somewhere else.
    Having Arzani here to at least play the 15-20 games to cover him, or if he is as good as the Aussies make him out to be 40-50, should suit us and MJ comes back a better player. It is a win-win situation.

16. bhoy81

So you haven’t even seen him play and you want him to start before MJ? * mental!

I’m not even gonna bother carrying on this discussion after that disclosure.

Tommy25 likes this.
  17. optimusmike777

money laundering. did the same with aaron mooy.

both clubs are part of the "city group" and its an easy way to move money around clubs without breaking FFP rules

18. clonbhoy

The important bit isn't actually Arzani, it is MJ getting a proper season. Arzani is just worth a look as the deal is already done. It is a free shot.

19. bhoy81

It’s really not. But everyone has an opinion and we don’t agree.

20. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Nope, there isn't. We're just developing citys youth players and maximising their profits, while in exchange we get a decent player for 1-2 years.

Agreed, look at Maclaren/ O'donavan, Mcormack, Taggart goal scoring record in aus compared to here and it tells you all about the poor defending in the A-league. There is a reason why guys like Milligan, Bozanic, Garrucio come to Scotland and it's to test themselves and make a step up. I don't mind him here for a 10-15 game back up player for the league, but we have Johnston already (who's already proved he's a good enough back up) and we shouldn't stall our own players development over making profits for Man City.

bhoy81 likes this.