1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yes, but I'd have appreciated a public statement from Turnbull to that effect. Would've saved us time, and made him look less vile.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Nah, he's looked at our printer paper and now he thinks we're skint.

Raoul Duke, Artorias and Lilac Wine like this.
  3. jambo_cfc

I agree but with potentially ntcham , mulumbu , allen , morgan having left or leaving on permanent or loan deals then surely that leaves space , the pitch should be they never fully replaced armstrong and he would be that guy and he can look at how important armstrong was for us.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    its contradictory though as well , hes wanting £20k a week , if yer confident enough to be asking for that you have to be confident in your ability as well

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is Oli definitely leaving? What about Lustig? It is good to see us trimming the squad down to size which was a promise Rodgers failed to keep. What about the mysterious American signings? Still have no idea what that was thought to be a good idea, like there was never any chance of them getting a game.

I don't think we need to worry about rumours Leone cause we're far too big a club to be put out of shape cause we didn't sign a potential player, we can sign loads of potential.

Still, it would be good if we could blank the media especially as this period in the window before qualifiers is so crucial.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

20k a week :56: get tae *

Spring Time and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Turnbull has to state himself what's more important to him: a massive wage, or playing time.

8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He doesn't have to do anything. Just we didn't have to release a statement. Nor Motherwell.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye we would like to think that but when it comes to money there is a line easily crossed especially when it comes to self assessment ha. I don't get it though, any player with ambition must know the shop window we give to players is much better than what the Championship is? I know Robertson got scouted there but EPL teams do watch us. All comes down to how many games a player is getting.

Can't believe Allan is just leaving now, like he must've been getting a whole load more than anyone else was valuing him. Someone said he's only on £8k as well? What kinda money do players in the SPFL get?

£20k is a lot for a potential player, do Sheffield have that kind of money? I have no idea about them

£20k is a lot for us isn't it? Like Broony is on £40k? I'm sure I heard that but it's never conclusive what players are earning. I'm sure £20k is what our middle to high quality players must be on, like Hayes?

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Brooney between 25 and 35 k same with sinclair majority of players at celtic between 5 and 20 k

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wow so that brings the demand for £20k into sharp focus. No way is Pedro giving an unknown quantity that cause the whole dressing room would be going nuts.

You sure Broony is only on £35k max? Seems low for such a veteran captain.

If Sheffield do pay Turnbull that then it's quite a bizarre situation a club our size not being able to budget that kind of money.

Are the Championship teams getting sugar daddies too now? Like it used to be only the promoted got the TV money and the parachute teams which I think is very bad for competition cause it basically gives demoted teams an advantage.

Mind you the TV money might be great cause isn't it the 4th most watched league or something? No idea what kinda money goes to the teams

Leone were you hoping we did sign him?

I thought we invested in a colour laser so we could print whatever they wanted? :fear:

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The opposite. We have more important areas to cover with the quoted fee. Only if Rogić were to leave, would I consider an AM signing.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is that Attacking Midfielder? There have been rumours about Tam going to Leicester but someone already pointed out, he's an incredible player but last season wasn't his finest so if he does go anywhere it would have to be Rodgers cause he knows what he's capable of.

Aye I think AM is quite far down our list of priorities. 3 defenders of decent quality would be good. Also a DM is more important now as Broony will be winding down the next 3/4 years and him showing a new player the ropes would be invaluable.

This season is going to be mental, the media are going to go nuts. If we leave the EU do we still get to play in the CL? That would be funny for the 600 EPL teams who get automatic entry.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Hopefully this is sorted one way or another tomorrow.

Anyway happy fathers day to all us da's.

I'm away out on the pish!

DennyCelt, shaunbhoy67 and Lilac Wine like this.
  15. oh bhoy

Everything about this is weird a more cynical man than me may suggest that it has successfully taken the attention away from the leaked document and got Motherwell a crazy amount of money in one fell swoop

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Attacking Midfielder, yes. Rogić is provenly class, and even if he left, Ntcham left and Morgan wasn't given a shot, there's one guy I'd want to see us try loaning, rather than going for Turnbull. Yi Kang-In has won the U-20 WC Golden Ball, and has the best set pieces I've seen in ages. Also, he doesn't look like a disrespectful guy with an overblown ego. Marcellino favors 4-4-2 at Valencia so he might want to go to a team that uses an AM slot.

3 defenders and a DM, that's what I think as well. Maaaaaybe a GK if we can scrounge up money?

I don't think Brexit impacts CL qualification rights. Would mean work permits for anyone not from the UK, though?

Lilac Wine likes this.
  17. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lol oh_bhoy you totally avoided being cynical there :56::50:

Just watching Griff and Moussa the hunskelper there and thinking Lenny must be wanting a CF to totally destroy the * next season, they are over confident and so vulnerable to the counter

Would really make our attack a much bigger threat if we got a good set piece taker. Griff can but he's best in the box I think or even sharing free kicks.

A lot of folk have suggested Lenny will probably go 4 4 2 himself? I don't understand formations much, why wouldn't Kang-In fit into a 4 4 2?

That's unusual, first time YouTube search has come back empty. Was looking to see footage of Yi Kang-In

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  18. Bellshill Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Stuart Armstrong
    I think he would be a great asset as a goalscorer but the way this has been going even if he does sign he will have a lot more to prove.

Honestly if we dont sign him I would give Ewan Henderson the chance.

Think the media love playing up the McGinn comparison though in that case had we held onto Liam it wouldn’t have been so bad especially that he could take corners.

He’ll be worth at least 3m now.

19. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Griffiths edourd try the diamond.
    Christie

Mgregor forrest

Ntcham or new dm

20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I too would rather give Henderson game time here instead of loaning him. He's got a very quick mind and knows how to link up one touch style. Players like that give the whole team a boost cause you can't wait to get involved with them knowing he'll see your run and find you.

McGinn would've been a good signing but he's a totally different player to Henderson as far as I can tell.

Mind Liam taking that decisive corner for Hibs in the Cup Final, we have so much height and quality it's another part of our attack we need to make the most of.

Heh thinking of how much quality we've got it always feels like the next game is going to be a squoosh. I'll feel very confident if Griff is back training

MagicBallBhoy and freitassen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.