1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ddub11

Fan or not it shouldnt make a difference regarding do we sell or not.

I get what your saying about ten years ahead but as much as i hate to say it i think he,s going to struggle with injuries all the time,of course i could be wrong but if i am and he plays regular for us then i wont be surprised to see the offers coming in.

2. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Don’t think I did say I’d take the money. I think I said it would be very difficult to say no to considering how good he is compared to players earning much much more then he is.
    Toljan as an example. Utter gash and on twice as much.
    Poorer players at richer clubs earning 5 times as much.

He might not care and that’s great. But to dismiss money and the possibility of winning Champions Leagues at a top club in the big 4 leagues is daft no matter how much of a fan someone is of their club.

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Of course it matter he's a fan. No other player will put in the level of commitment Tierney will, and that rubs off on his team mates - especially when we're struggling or behind in games. You need people who play for the shirt.

Lilac Wine and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  4. celts67

5. ynwa1987

The fact KT has hung around this long makes him a rare rare breed. Statistically speaking it’s very unlikely you are even rarer than him.

But hats off to you if are that exception

6. Jeremie Frimpong

:giggle1:

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Things can move quick though, if Man Utd were to come in with £30million and offering him £120k a week on a 5 year contract next month he'd be off. When it comes down to it and the money is on the table and you are guarenteed £32million+ for 5 years and going to be playing at Old Trafford and playing Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs etc probably in the Champions League most seasons you'd need to be off your nut to turn it down.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Or incredibly loyal. We can say what we do as Celtic fans but we don’t play for Celtic

9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Things can move quick, things can move slow, why you thinking like a bureaucrat when KT's letting Everything Flow?

10. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I’ve been self employed for over 30 years. Being a footballer is effectively the same thing imho. Loyalty to the small firm that started you is fine but join the big boys and you quite literally are in a different league pay wise. Think he will do a “ larsson “ get the 10 in a row and leave with our blessing.

11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't think you can compare, no matter what you are skilled at it's never going to be the same. Money doesn't mean everything, it's maybe more KT will leave after 10 (hopefully we do that) because he's interested in playing at a different level. It doesn't feel right when folk say it's the normal way of the world like there is no romanticism left when that's the very foundation on our love of our club.

12. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Romanticism left when players got payed 500k a week sadly..:(

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We adjust with the times, we maybe can't compete but it's like saying look at all the supermodels, everyone knows real beauty comes alive through expression and we are alive :100:

14. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Saw Ajax earnt 16m last year in their league system , maybe that’s the modal our club will have to go down to produce players like him and flog on ...?

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I love this idea because I'm convinced Jock created Total Football, I know he doesn't get the credit but it's just a strange coincidence we defeated Cattenacio by making every player part of the attack. He was a genius and we were incredible, it's all to do with having a focus on what's right and we've always wanted to play football right.

You're right, now we should take a leaf out of Ajax's book because they've believed in innovation and that is what is beautiful about any kind of competition, the beauty of thinking. It's just so ironic that is how Rodgers made his name, he went to Spain to study why they keep producing incredible midfielders who can pass and move with ease. That is what we do, the Maestro is the most recent example.

We have to be able to take ideas off others as they have us, there is no shame in doing what is best for the game. What is terrible is big clubs like chelsea signing 100 young players and loaning them out to see which one will hatch like an egg. Players have to be treated with respect and we can do that, we have the potential to play in the CL but also the facilities to develop players.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    True.... I'd play for the contractual duration though make bank then sign pre contract back at celtic though and give them rest of years

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

17. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    I do think that eventually KT will leave, he'll be offered £120k+ per week, and Celtic will be offered a fee of £40m+, and everyone will be happy.

I like to think that when he does move on, his motivation will be to test himself and because he wants to win the major European trophies.

After all, even on his "paltry" current contract, he's still earning £1m per annum, and unless he's got a severe drinking/gambling/cocaine problem we don't know about, he's already set for life.

The money he could earn in the Premier League/La Liga is beyond comprehension, but he's not going to be relying on benefits after he retires, if we were to stay at Celtic for the next 15 years.

18. The10iscominghome Upthera1888

He’s living the dream most of us grew up wishing to play for Celtic and he’s no different. I can’t see him leaving he’s here for the 10 he knows what it means to us and him.. he’s one of our own if my dream come true I wouldn’t want it to end I can’t see him wanting his to end either not any time soon. Money isn’t everything but I’d imagine he’s on 20/25k a week 100k a month doing what you’ve always dreamed of... if he ever leaves it’ll be for a big team none of this * Leicester or Southampton caper for an extra 15k a week when you could be a legend with the club that means the most

bagforlife, Tommy25 and Lilac Wine like this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If I was in his position and offered an extra 10k a week. No chance. Get tae *.

If man utd etc came in offering an extra 120k a week etc. Itd be a tough choice. I wouldn't instantly jump at the chance, but it would make me think, being a sensible boy and all, I'd duly tell then to ram there red shirt up there arseholes, while shouting here we go 10 in a row, watching lawells face drop knowing hes just missed out on a 50m fee. *.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: Why are you saying it like Pedro would be pocketing the transfer fee himself? :celtman2:

Would love to see one of us saying that to Man Utd, they are meaningless to us

KT! :100: He's not going anywhere