1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Watched Anybody but Celtic again last nite.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Tony., Feb 5, 2019.

Discuss Watched Anybody but Celtic again last nite. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    watch the film closer JC , Dallas was " removed " for his inappropriate use of an SFA electronic communications device ….. e-mail to you and me , but your point is valid we know he was/is an orange * !

Blochairnbhoy and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So what?

Individual bias exists but you won't accept that institutional bias has/exists now even when presented with some flat out facts down the year's?

In an association where many have been fast tracked or through word of mouth. Dallas Jnr and Madden getting Roome in for examples...it is clear as day they have far too many in to have a hand in individual bias at best..

How many ref's in the top league have had a brother play for Celtic? How many have been in supporters pubs after? Had season tickets before? Get caught out sending 'jokes' about the pope and getting their son in who has given them 6 pens in 3 game's this season?

I'm gonna leave it at that in a sec as we couldn't be further apart :50:

3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Right I'm out now. Made my opinions on the matter , don't think anything is as cut and dried as the documentary suggests. Never going to agree on the main points in this thread and I'm glad there has been acknowledgement of sorts that the issue is a complicated and multi faceted one.

Will be keeping a very close eye on how the decisions go for the rest of this season during this "title challenge" .

Genuine apologies if I have offended anyone, is never my intention . Opinions are arguments were sincere and not trolling as some have suggested. Opinions people. Off to change my tin hat , possibly my username.

4. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I don't honestly believe it's there any more. It was literally undeniable in the 80s and every decade before though, rangers were the establishment club and everyone fell in line below them. Their arrogance turned to lethargy and they've stalled.

There are now though more people of catholic origin in positions of power in scottish society and ultimately peter lawwell holds the biggest share of power in scottish football.

I think refs are just poor overall, they're at best semi-pro and drawn from a tiny pool of individuals. Foreign and/or better paid officials has to be a solution.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well well * well the Local referee association refused to accept his resignation the SFA made him stand down!!!

Scottish referee Stephen Brown steps down over offensive social media posts

Stephen Brown, 35, posted a series of unsavoury sectarian, discriminatory and homophobic social media posts. The messages, seen by Sportsmail and now deleted, date back to 2010.

Written shortly before the Scottish FA sacked former referees chief Hugh Dallas for forwarding an offensive email concerning the Pope, the governing body were informed of Brown's indiscretions in 2014 and the matter was referred to the Judicial Panel.

[​IMG]
    Stephen Brown has stepped down as a referee after offensive social media posts emerged

The independent panel issued only a censure following a disciplinary hearing and Brown's immediate offer to resign was turned down by his local referee association. It's understood the SFA were 'surprised' by the tribunal outcome but bound by the independent finding at the time.

Progressing through the refereeing ranks the official became eligible to officiate at games involving both Celtic and Rangers when he reached Category 1 status this summer.

But, under the governing body's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Plan the position of one of the rising stars of Scottish refereeing has effectively become untenable - with Chief Executive Ian Maxwell clear that the historic baggage would make it impossible for Brown to take charge of matches involving or with implications for the Old Firm.

On Friday night, Brown stressed he took 'full responsibility for the posts, made during a period of great personal difficulty.'

He added: 'I expressed deep regret and remorse at the time and the person I am now is unrecognisable to the person I was then. I am embarrassed by what I wrote but there were personal issues I was dealing with that, while they don't mitigate that behaviour, explain it.

'Refereeing has given me a second chance in life and I am grateful for that opportunity. I am devastated that my actions from the past will prevent me from fulfilling my potential as a match official but appreciate that perceptions linger, regardless of how much sorrow or regret I express.'

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure he would have been another impartial official as well :87:

7. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    This type of behaviour would have been grounds for promotion in days gone by.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Honestly, anyone who thinks the refs in this country are just rubbish, is delusional.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

@jpr21

10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ffs @jpr21 why did you have to say we're cringy and deluding oursels? No doubt in my mind you're as much a fan as anyone but you have to realise there was a reason Brother Walfrid created Celtic. No one else was helping us out and even though you might wish the modern world to be full of people saying oh my * wasn't it mental how we used to treat one and other it's not like that at all, culture of discrimination lasts a lot longer than you're ideal world of progressive though. Think about the 800 years the English were determined to take over and sanitise Ireland, in the words of Churchhill 'a people unable to think sophisticated thought, they'll soon appreciate our way of thinking like a dog eventually knows what's best for it.'

That is probably going to make a lot of folk cringe but I don't care, I just care all those who have survived colonisation anywhere and everywhere. You must see it, it's happening right now, the * don't even care we know, they are only interested in telling people everyone else is holding them back, not of the same quality of mind because all their ideas are stronger, born that way like the monarchs. Eton Trifles look at the sad state of the ridiculous tradition, they don't even think using the mind is necessary, they don't even think people need to think. Don't fall for it cause when you fall they will make sure you don't get back up.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nothing else needs to be said..

Constantly covering each other's arses. Look how long this has taken to come out and was still allowed to go on..

I wonder what happened to Beaton's phone being hacked and needing polis protection this season by the way.........

Rydo1888*, bagforlife and Gyp Rosetti like this.