1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Whatever happens in this deal now it has left the lad and his agent in a bad light. First move and 19 years old and they're throwing demands and holding us over a barrell. If he turns round and signs I will find it hard to take a shine to the lad. I'd prefer we let him go and * off to wolves or Norwich.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    PorchBhoy67, Tommy25, bhoy81 and 4 others like this.
  2. joemc

Celtic have just gone down the same route they started ,making it public knowledge , it's a double edged sword tbh honest ,I'm not against them going public as they would have been shot down in here and everywhere by us fans , but the more attention we give it the better for them , they were out to use every means to use Celtic for his preferred option imo right from the Motherwell time Motherwell announced the deal accepted .

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The board are tinpot on previous things, but here, outing a greedy agent/player is the correct move. I just hope we can avoid bringing our total tranfer activities to a standstill.

Tommy25, bhoy81 and shaunbhoy67 like this.
  4. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    When he's old and decrepit he'll always be able to tell his grandkids about the time he almost joined Celtic.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I have been corrected about Hartley, but the point im trying to make with players like Robson has relevance because he wasnt desperate to play for us but we made him an offer that suited both parties. He was a highly driven player with a hungry and determined attitude who ultimately played a huge part in bringing us a league title.

When was Turnbull been publicly haggling? So far as i have seen, its celtic who have chosen to make the contract offer public.

Im not overhyping turnbull at all, statistically he was one of, if not the best young player in scotland last year. Better than Ryan Kent. In his first full season in the SPL his statistics are very impressive and suggest it was no fluke. To do it over a 30 game season would suggest he has proven his quality.

Going by your own judgement Turnbull, would you not agree that there are a few in our current squad who still need to show it?

I think you are jumping the gun a bit, he is still a motherwell player. Once/if he signs, im sure he will be committed and, as i have suggested, an incentivised, performance based contract offer would guarantee that. When we are in competition for players, we need to also sell ourselves to the player and make them an attractive offer. Thats just basic business and the nature of trying to sign a sought after player who has no affinity to celtic.

I dont think we should break the bank for him, but i dont believe we have acted with professionalism by releasing that embarrassing statement. My concern is that he is one of the players at the top of our list and we wont secure him. And the leaked transfer document doesnt fill me with confidence.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Any other excuses you want to make for the board?

1. Yes it matters. Why did the board not do their job, identifying the best possible manager for the club? Lawwell has said they didn't bother looking at applications. It's dereliction of duty.

2. How is it the clubs fault? How is it the clubs fault that a document containing our transfer targets was left on a table for anyone in the building to find and leak to the world? How is that the clubs fault? Use your brain, for * sake.

The only one here not having a reasonable discussion is yourself. You're deciding to absolve the board of any blame for a few glaring * ups over the past number of weeks. "The board probably does have it's shortcomings". Probably? Nah. They definitely do. It's been like that for years.

7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    In releasing such a salty statement, we are very much still acting tinpot.

It would have been an easier thing to just disregard the situation without comment and look elsewhere. Thus showing that we are a lot bigger than the situation.

Artorias and John Bhoy79 like this.
  8. scootz

The rot was setting in under BR. The timing / situation was horrendous for whoever came in to do the job, but NL still managed to get us over the line. SOME fans may have been irked - most weren't!

It was clearly an informal confirmation - NL was happy, the Board was happy, I'm sure the rest of the staff there at the time were happy. He could have been curling a * off on the can when he was offered the job for all I care. The only people who have made an 'issue' of this are some 'fans'.

Jesus Christ - are we really going to debate the 'quality' of the paper we type agenda points on?

Behave! No one 'allowed' it to happen. A single non-executive employee took a photo of it in the passing and pinged it out to the world. Shame on him / her! It wasn't the nuclear codes FFS!

It was a 2 month old document with discussion points - things change in time!

There's no negotiating to be done - privately or otherwise! A very generous offer was made, but it became clear that the Club were being played. They've been told to GTF! Excellent!

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Very little, if anything. He is reportedly still on holiday. Yet to see any direct quotes from RT or his agent.

jimbobers likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The board is blameless though. Didn't you hear?

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Wee * still acting up?

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’s cringe but I find the entire move to social media cringe as * in general.

Always quote the guy you’re having at a dig at, shitebag.

Liam Scales and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. sabzz1888

We should blacklist that agency as well, hopefully drive the up and coming youths who fancy a chance at celtic some day to choose a more agreeable agent/agency.

TBH I wish we would just rescind the offer and tell them to bolt.

Tommy25 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  14. shieldsybhoy

Tbh he isnt as good as Christie when he came to us so £3m & 10k + p/w is far too much. Motherwell must be fuming. I hope they get no more offers for him or sell at a massive cut price.

15. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Like how we’ve collectively decided he’s crap now the transfer isnt looking likely. :56:

16. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry, your highness.

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I did not say this while the board were excited about the transfer, but I do not think we need an AM.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    They havnt been told to GTF tho “it is now up to the player and his agent.”

Not sure anyone is being played. People outwith the perspective of a celtic fan might say that the agent is trying to get he best deal for his client. It happens all the time in the footballing world. It might be a dangerous game, it might work. We made an offer and it still stands until we know otherwise.
    Maybe we will hav an answer on his return from holiday.

19. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    In fairness you always see other clubs leaving transfer targets lying around for the cleaners to take photos of, offering the manager the job in bathroom, oh and tweeting about making magnificent contract offers to players who look like they're turning them down, very common and professional happens all the time seen many a club do it like erm.....

Officer Doofy likes this.
  20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    In such a situation, i wonder if Lawell or the board have asked to speak to Turnbull directly without speaking solely through a representative.

That way im sure a better measure of his character, intent and willingness to play and be successful at celtic could be made.

It might mean it may be easier for all to accept if the deal is called off, in the knowledge that he was never meant to be a celtic player.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.