1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    All this talk and negotiation over a * nobody.
    I’d rather see Lawwell turning his attention to some proper signing targets.

2. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    thats f**k all to most teams down south though , its easily matched but he will end up at barnsley or the likes, hope he enjoys a relegation battle

this could be a week he lives to regret for a long time......at least he'll be rich

richardm likes this.
  3. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    With the benefit of hindsight this whole deal hasn't smelled right since that STV Grant tweet, then Motherwell releasing the statement that they had accepted our £3M offer. I agree with the theory that he doesn't really want to come here, they are using us and the media to drum up some more hype and get one of those English clubs to bite with a daft contract.

I would like to see us leave the contract on the table until Monday afternoon, unchanged. If he signs it release another statement confirming that he reconsidered and agreed the terms offered. I wouldn't be adverse to us insisting he changes agent also.

4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Monday afternoon? I'd be saying you've got until midday today.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If it was * all then teams would have offered the 3.25 million we have already.

Barnsley have offered them a reported 2 million less, and haven’t been back to the table.

No other side have made offers bar us and Barnsley at this time. I can’t see someone like Barnsley giving him 20k a week and then paying 3.25 million.

Yes money is mad down south but that’s a massive chunk of money for them.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  6. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I feel we should have just told them yesterday "You have until 10 pm tonight." If they didn't accept then release a statement today explaining they unfortunately couldn't come to an agreement and just leave it at that.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    3m is a lot to most championship teams. If they spend 3m it will be buying a player with more experience. There is * all money in playing in that league. You have about half a dozen teams each season spending money they don't have in an attempt to buy promotion but most don't spend much and I doubt Barnsley will spend loads.

8. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    its early days in the window tbh
    im sure i read yesterday , Bournemouth and Cardiff are also interest , 3mill isnt much to them

my point being if they sell him to anyone out with us i think it will be a matched or better offer

richardm likes this.
  9. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    One of the strangest sagas we've had in recent years. Usually there's something there that we can aim at the board and tear them to shreds. But not in this one imo.
    Think as well, although a lot of people were glad we were showing a bit of urgency, and seemingly having learned from previous windows, there was a bit of surprise we were shelling out 3m on the lad. After all he's had one season at the top level.
    So I think people are giving it 'tell him to get to * then' largely because of this.
    I hope we can still get it over the line because I've always liked seeing the best young scottish players in green and white.

10. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'd like to see why the agent is so confident he can get 20k per week down south. The club's aren't exactly throwing money at Motherwell. If he was wanted that much there would have been bids coming in the minute we had a bid accepted.

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yup, keep the £3million and go get us Christopher Jullien.

12. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    The only reason I was saying Monday afternoon is it gives the player the chance to change agent or get his agent told.

Artorias likes this.
  13. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think agents in general will always be thinking of themselves first (certainly not openly) in trying to get as big a cut or agents fee as they can. You can be sure the players will know this but dont really give a monkey's as long as they are getting as much as they can.
    Would like to think the boy would think of long term, and how we will have a chance of winning things, but he won't, and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't either. Most young boy's these days know where the money is and that is the big problem.
    Trophies are second in their priorities.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    To be honest the agents often tell the players they can get x amount and they believe it, especially the young ones who have no previous transfer history

15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Like I say mate, thinking of themselves. They are pimps whoring their product in the English market.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Tell ye what, see if he wants £20k say no problem. You’ll have this offer the first year, if you prove yourself a £20k player. Say... 20 goals, 5 of them in Europe. You’ll get that wage.

Ball in his court. See if he thinks he’s a £20k player. If he can do that, then he’s worth it.

If he can’t back his demands with his ability, then * off.

And if he does knock that back I’d release those details as well so everybody knows he doesn’t think he’s good enough to demand that sorta wage.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Should tell them the offer remains until midday, if they don't accept we put the £3m towards the fee for Jullien instead.. defense is our priority we have our first qualifier in a months time...

Jeremie Frimpong and Liam Scales like this.
  18. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Let’s just hope we’ve used up all our sloppy amateurism in the market and now proceed to calmly sign a left back, two right backs, minimum 2 centre backs, goalie, winger, striker and maybe centre mid, all of the best possible quality with no * around.

And let’s hope this utter embarrassment doesn’t send Lawwell into a tailspin of depression where he refuses to sanction even the usual last minute panic loans...

19. joemc

Here is another point to ponder , he is reportedly worried our possible 10k offer shows we are not serious enough to play him regularly , well if he wants 20k ,teams looking to offer someone in his experience that kind of cash will be a team like a Southampton and you only have to.look at how stuart Armstrong is doing there , not a regular is he .

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If he wants money, well, ther's China and Middle East. They just might be willing to give him 20K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.