1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Said it before and I'll say it again.

Theres an absolute pler in there somewhere. A player who will no doubt be operating at the highest levels if the game in the future.

Unfortunately for us he doesnt appear to have either the aptitude or the attitude.

Whether its another player with difficulties/issues with promises that were made, or whether hes a fairy who misses his * chum, or whether theres completely something different going on... it doesnt matter.

We're running into the biggest domestic challenge our club has ever faced... the 10. Theres no room for passengers on this train. Anything over 8m i would take. The chances of him getting himself together and applying his gifts 100%, for whatever reason, are remote at best.

Double our outlay, get him off the wage bill and thanks for that one great season.

All the best kid.

Lilac Wine and DonnyCelt like this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I love Christie but he doesn't come close to Ntcham in quality. Ntcham has it all in that department. Strength, balance, pace, stamina, technique, power, vision, the lot. What he lacks is work ethic. He should be embarrassed by some of the 'efforts' he's put in this season against teams he should be dominating.

Christie is a tidy player but he's had to graft to get to where he is.

Random Review likes this.
  3. horseshoe

Over the course of a season a player like christie is going to contribute more to the team, ntcham obviously has some real quality about him but he doesn't show it nearly often enough, if we get 10-15m for him it's smart business.

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

That's pish tbh...he was excellent in Rodgers 2nd season.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    But I still reckon somebody like Broony will be higher up the pecking order than Jack Hendry :fear:

Lenny’s been here since February, he’ll have his mind made up by now and I doubt Ntcham will have earned his trust more than Christie.

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And when Ntcham never played for France they won the World Cup! Canny argue with that.

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    That's pish tbh he was hot and cold in that season too... He wasn't a world beater

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If you think one goal and one assist is the sum toll of his contribution, you obviously don't watch us much.

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I was comparing his highlights compared to Christie who has double the mount in one season compared to his two

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Genius, it's a great song but yours is better :56::notworthy

Gabriel likes this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As a pure footballer? You mean someone who is affective in every game, plays it like it's their last? What's the point in having ability if you don't/can't embrace it? Christie embraces games, he does everything he can to upset formations. Ntcham looks like he's reading Sartre but doesn't actually know what it means to be existential.

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I mean as a pure footballer.

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't know how much you can analogise from learning English to playing football; but FWIW in my experience with English learners, two things make people basically shut down and send their mind elsewhere: being asked to do something they perceive as not challenging at all or being asked to do something that they perceive as too difficult (this second one is obviously not Ntcham's case). It's not laziness, it's just how the mind seems to work for all of us.

It's now Lenny's job to challenge him and make him feel he is developing as a player. It can be done (unless he really does have an attitude problem, which is possible, although I can't see any reason to just assume that). I strongly suspect that Ntcham really needs that and didn't get it last season, because Rodgers basically stopped giving a *.

Of course if he really does have an attitude problem and thinks he's too good to earn his wage, he should be sold. I'm sure Lenny is well aware by now what the deal is with him.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    To me it's common sense that the first 7 are his and 8 and 9 are Lenny's.

Giving Rodgers part of the credit for the cup is absolute madness. All the difficult games in that competition were Lenny's. If you start talking about foundations and such, you might as well credit Ronny with a share of the invincible season (since it was mostly his team). Madness.

With the league, admittedly he does have an argument for a share of the credit and, if he had been fired, I would be inclined to give it to him; but he didn't, he * off after doing half a job. If someone pays me to build a house and I build half of it and then voluntarily * off for more money, leaving the person who contracted me to have to pay someone else to finish the job, I'd have a * cheek to run around claiming, "See that house? It's mostly me who built it."

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I hate praising the rat but he's normally very good at finding that 'hook' that encourages players to give their best.

He tried sticking with Ntcham through patchy form - didn't work.

Dropped him for Christie who laid down the gauntlet - didn't work.

Christie got injured and he gave Ntcham the chance to get back in and win his place in the team - didn't work.

Lennon gave him a few chances when he took over - still didn't work.

The guy just has a honking attitude. If he can't give us a shift because he finds Scottish Football too easy then fine, get a big transfer fee, tell him to clean out his locker and * off. As good as he can be, he has an inflated sense of his worth if that's the case. He's no Wanyama.

We have lost far bigger players than Olivier Ntcham. If - and it's a massive if - we have been preparing for this summer then we should have multiple CM options to replace him with that will actually put in effort.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree about Rodgers' ability to do that. However, that's a lot of work and I don't think he cared enough this season. A number of players had "issues" this season just past who didn't before. I think he stopped giving a *. In my mind he was basically that guy who knows he's leaving and turns up and goes through the motions in order to collect his wage until he finds another job. I really do strongly suspect that.

17. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not trying to argue with your main point because you know what it means to be a teacher, it's just the cone shaped diagram when it comes to how to get the very best out of people who are better than us. Managers have to know how to make players Tic who are much better than them, there's a real Ego situation I think is preventing one and Lenny can say ok, it's all about Celtic and who cares what people in Heaven are thinking, it's * Heaven you absolute * Rodgers :31:

Edit: Ffs RR preempt sooner next time :rolleyes:

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with that but there was no improvement in Ntcham's performance once Lennon came in. He can't be trusted to give us his all.

When Jozo scored our 2nd at Pittodrie in the title-winning game the camera panned to the bench who were all bouncing about elated, Ntcham got up after a few seconds and went into a half-arsed clap. We need him out and the money reinvested back into the squad.

ladbroke8 and Lilac Wine like this.
  19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Could well be, mate. But Lenny's only just in the door, I'm all for giving Ntcham another chance for 6 months. He's talented enough to warrant it IMO. If you are right (and of course you might well be), we can punt in January.

20. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * is a pure footballer? Is it similar to you having interesting opinions but talking pure * right now?

Westlondonscot likes this.