1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Arzani

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by aussiehoops, Jul 25, 2018.

Discuss Daniel Arzani in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    No harm in giving him pre season with us, but would only be worth our while if we have an option to buy IMO.

No point in doing city favours in developing their players when we are gona have the likes of Johnstone and Shved vying for positions and Armstrong-okoflex and Dembele trying to break into the first team.

2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Unless theres an option to buy i'd send this kid on.

Xatraps likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We do have a buy option I think..

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I thought it was the same as the paddy deal? 18 months and that’s it?

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I recall this one having an option.

6. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    I thought Arzani is on a 2 year loan?

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Pretty sure it was a 2 year deal last season and this up coming one. Of course his injury put paid to last season. But I agree with others not in favour of this unless we have an option to buy him at the end of the loan next summer.

8. paulm25

I wouldn't be surprised if it's like the mooy deal, no chance of breaking into the city team so loaned out to a club with the hope of selling him on.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

9. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    I agree. Would be a bit pointless if he breaks into the team and makes the wide position his own only to go back to Man City if we are unable to extend the loan/sign him up. 2 year loan would've worked out just fine if he didn't tear his ACL last year, tough break.

10. bhoy81

Just read up about it, aye two year deal, nothing regarding a option to buy, but seen a couple of news outlets report about him getting game time before December last year or he would be going back then he got injured?

Mad one if that’s true.

11. clonbhoy

The deal is already done and we need a left-winger, there is no harm at all in having him here. At worst he will be decent back-up, at best he will become a regular starter and key player.

I would be in favour of loaning Johnston out for the season. I know they are the same age, but Arzani has played in Australia, moved to England and then on to us. He should be more developed emotionally. Mikey needs to toughen up a bit. A good loan at a good club where he is starting would do him wonders, with Arzani filling the hole. If the plan works it is another area sorted cheaply, which means more money for that defence!

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I always took those news stories of demanding game time as the media just being dicks.

Mind they will have known all about the various players the huns had to play due to contracts and would want us tagged along with them. Then you had the Chelsea lad loan getting cut short, they will have wanted that to have kept being an issue to paint us bad.

That's my theory, could be wrong.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Socceroos starlet Daniel Arzani is back in full training following his knee operation and eyeing a huge season when he makes his much-antcipated return.

The 20-year-old ruptured his ACL while making his debut for Scottish Premier League champions Celtic in November last year, ruling him out of the Asian Cup and the rest of the domestic campaign.

Speaking exclusively on a special edition of the Fox Football podcast with Adam Peacock, Arzani gave an update on his rehabilitation and says he’s set his sights on “next season being big” and “proving a lot of things”.

“I could (play a game tomorrow) but it probably isn’t recommended,” he laughed.

“I’m basically doing everything now I’m just no contact.

“Hopefully when I go back, obviously I leave on Saturday, and then two weeks into my break I’ll be ready to start training with the squad and be fed back into training so I’m really keen.

“I had the normal one (knee operation), the patella one which they opted to go for because of my age because it’s more stable in the long term, which I agreed with as well.

“So when I head back, first week I’ll be in rehab, second week the boys go away to Austria for a pre-season camp and in that week I go back to Manchester and do my final week of testing to make sure everything is up to normal strength and I can power both legs equal, then hopefully after that back into (full contact) training.”

With the Socceroos recently accepting their invitation to compete in the 2020 Copa America, Australian fans will surely be keeping a close eye on Arzani’s progress.

“I think for me personally I’ve set my eyes on next season being a big season for me and proving a lot of things,” Arzani said.

“A lot of people saying I have potential, could have done this could have done that but at the end of the day there’s still a lot unproven so I’ve got a lot to prove and I can’t wait to get back into it.”

Arzani’s rise up the Australian football ranks has been unprecedented, but it was something the Iranian-born youngster could foresee from a young age.

In the wide-ranging podcast chat, he also recalled his early makings as a footballer.

“From what I could remember I just always wanted to be a footballer, I loved football,” he said.

“But when I figured out that I could maybe become a footballer was at the age of about 13. I was like ‘I have a good shot of this’ and I was playing NSWIS (New South Wales Institute of Sport) and thought I was doing pretty well.

“I went to the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport). I had to convince my parents to let me go which I eventually did because I was so set on it from a young age that it was what I wanted to do.

“I had a couple of offers. I think I had a half-offer from Sydney. They were like ‘come with us and we’ll see’ and Wanderers weren’t that keen.

“All the other clubs, on paper, I had offers from accept from the two clubs I wanted to go to — the Sydney clubs.

“I had to make a decision whether I was going to take a chance and stay at Sydney and maybe get a contact.

“After discussion with my parents and bit of convincing I went off to Melbourne City.”

But for Arzani, his love for ‘the beautiful game’ started on a much smaller, firmer surface.

“I loved futsal, futsal was my favourite.

“I just used to do that as a kid, we didn’t know any better and I guess that’s kind of what moulded me.

“Under 10s I played outdoor and then Under 11s I got introduced to futsal so it was the other way round but I definitely love futsal more.

“But my Dad was always a little bit against futsal. He’d always say ‘it makes you look down’ and ‘you don’t have a good understanding of the areas around you’ because futsal is very small.”

14. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Cant make up my mind what the * this signing was supposed to be.

Cant yet work out whether we're catagorising this guy alongside Marvin Compper and Charlie Musonda or if he'll yet be a success like Paddy Roberts.

One thing is for sure, ( if you watch his highlight videos you'll see for yourself), he has a non-existant left foot. Watched 3 highlight videos and I think I counted that he touched the ball 3 times with his left foot. A totally one footed player. But aside from that the videos make him look * hot (they made Stefan Scepovic look * hot aswell though).

15. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Doesn't mean much tbf. Scott Sinclair hasn't got much of a left foot either. Nakamura played on the right side but never had a right foot either, he done no too bad. Mcgeady played on the left and only had a right foot

16. bhoy81

Thing is I wouldn’t put it past City telling Rodgers he needs game time and he agreed to it, similar to Musonda as well.

If it was done under Lennon I’m sure he would have told them to * off.

17. Mr Cleansheets

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. rickyroma25

If we send this boy away we might well be losing someone who's more talented than what we're left with. What's the point in that.

The left wing position's totally up for grabs. Play him there, and Shved in the middle. Switch it about, see what works best.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  20. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Like him. Think he will be great for us. Comes across as a decent bloke, as well.