1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Announce Major Re-development Plans

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jun 5, 2019.

Discuss Celtic Announce Major Re-development Plans in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

*? We signed a new manager and an up and coming talent that may be one of the best the country offers in a couple of years... stop listening to the tabloids and the phone-ins mate...

2. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

We signed Turnbull afterwards, and signed a manager that next to nobody wanted who couldn't hack it at Hibs. In the showers. And then went and leaked an incredibly unprofessional and uninspiring transfer list. But cool, thanks for the smart-* response.

Cena likes this.
  3. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He was Hibs’ best manager in years

StPauli1916 and DennyCelt like this.
  4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Did well his first season but "left" them in 7th place. Hardly ambitious, but it is what it is.

5. Cupid Stunt

To be fair, the bar hadn't been set all that high there.

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Where's the proof it was lennon who leaked the transfer plans unless you have been in a room and been able to hold and look at lennons hands you don't know *

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I didn't say it was Lennon who leaked it

8. saltire78

It's been like 3 weeks since the season ended... people are jumping about trying to create bad news * outta nothing... and clearly Lennon was on the boards radar. I doubt anyone was surprised he was offered it. Not quite sure how showers plays into, unless I missed something... (?) And how can we blame the club because some * leaks something?

I'm not slating you, just saying I think you need to step back and take perspective. We're off and running in our preseason prep. Manager, first new face (hopefully) and I'm reasonably confident we'll see another 3 or 4 decent faces in... it won't be a flood of superstar, Top CL players, but I think we'll be in good shape. We'll unload some deadweight and sell a couple too... big thing to remember is that we don't need a complete overhaul, if we just fill a few critical positions and het our own players back fit

9. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Surely that goes to Stubbs considering he won them the Scottish cup

10. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I hope you're right :50:

11. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    As great an achievement as that was he never done it in the top league. Lennon is a better manager than Stubbs either way

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FINALISED designs for Celtic Football Club’s proposed full-size indoor training pitch have been submitted to Glasgow City Council for approval.

The facility at the club’s Barrowfield training/youth development grounds on London Road would comprise one large undercover space with a 105 x 68-metre pitch.

A new building housing changing rooms and gym is also proposed, and is subject of a separate planning application.

A design statement submitted with the indoor pitch application states: “The aesthetics of the facility will be in keeping with other facilities owned by Celtic FC, with a white tensile structure with a 4.1-metre-high green solid base at low level.

“The curved white upper part of the development helps to soften the visual effect of the proposal.”

The statement continues: “The building sits to the south east of the site, adjacent to an existing full-size grass football pitch and an existing full-size floodlit synthetic football pitch.”

The document states: “It is anticipated that the facility will not significantly impact on either existing residents, amenity or traffic.

“Rather the proposal will enhance the facilities on offer at the training ground, allowing the football club to maintain their training programme for all academy groups whatever the weather, which in turn will bring improved opportunities for health and well-being.”

The application is pending assessment by planners.

13. Keano88

The Deila Dome.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I'd like to see the stadium the full oval shape, think it would look awesome. :41:

bagforlife likes this.
  15. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I’m with you on that buddy. Together with the extra revenue generated and the awesome atmosphere, we’d be ready for the European Super League which, I think is inevitably coming and UEFA will do all they can to include Celtic.

Why wouldn’t they?

Great times are ahead mark my words.
    And Lawwell will have a big hand in ensuring that.:30:

* the EPL

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Whoflungdung likes this.
  16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Negative behavior of minority fans, maybe??

17. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    A mere bagatelle buddy when the spoils are calculated.
    With or without Celtic? It’s going to be with. I’m certain any UEFA elite league will, IMO need to include The Champs as Tv revenue will be uppermost in their minds when formulating the plan.

We come under the category of ‘’elite teams.’’ Going forward my belief is
    an announcement will be made on redevelopment taking us to circa 75,000 capacity. It’s a natural progression that will happen. Just the timeframe that’s unknown, that’s all.

Bottom line.....CL boring everyone to death. Clubs such as US, Ajax, need to be accommodated in any revamp!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Dan Breen and Whoflungdung like this.