1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He took Wlad’s straight right, a punch that’s been widely recognised as one of the hardest of the recent years anywhere in boxing, and recovered. I don’t think his chin can be all that bad.

I think there was something off from the beginning with AJ probably linked to a poor camp. Ruiz did brilliantly to capitalise, seemed to be able to stay in the pocket with him and counter quickly even when hit. Ruiz is also far more experienced than Joshua with an extensive * career and it showed.

Anyway, glad for Ruiz. The * people were talking about his physique was ridiculous. If looks mattered then every instagrammer/fitness model would in with a chance, but in reality they could hardly do a couple of rounds on a heavy bag, let alone fight.

Also, the Katie Taylor fight completely bypassed me and I just realised she got a very contentious decision against an old sparring partner of mine - Delfine Persoon. Her coach at the time told me her injury was in part due to her orients making her pull the plough on the field when she was young :88:

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I agree he's been done out of twice by Canelo. At 37 even if he sparked Canelo out (won't happen), they'd still give it to Canelo..

He's definitely chinny..

I even listened to Andre Ward who talks on the level and was elite saying he had a three game plan with Kovalev and Joshua was the last one as he "knew he could do what Ruiz did" to him..

Numerous people like Price, Okolie, Dubois and no doubt more have supposedly sparked him bad in sparring. It's just he's been carefully managed. You think a Klitschko a few year's younger wouldn't of closes the show?

Frank Warren confirmed Dubois didn't just knock him out but really hurt him up in sparring..

Now another is on the knockout list can't even mind his name the latest one..

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    De La Hoya is a classless *, just give us the third fight and rap yer pish ya cross dressing rapist.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There shouldn’t be any need for a 3rd fight because GGG has already beat Canelo twice. Once by some distance as well.

Gyp Rosetti, Keano88 and kinglenny like this.
  6. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    In 2 years from now Wilder will have all the Belts,his nearest rival will have been the cool Mexican Buffet Buster.
    Oh Fury is happy on the Moon:56:

7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He took like 3 rounds to recover from Wlad, and that was with his gum shield getting spat out tactics and whatever else. Wlad defo let him off the hook that night, AJ was lucky Wlad was * or he was gone. I would even have backed Wlad if they rematched. Whyte rocked AJ bad and that was with * shoulder, Povetkin and Takam gave him a scare too, then there's about 5 * that have dropped him in sparring. He is chinny.

No overly interested in Canelo and GGG again, Canelo already beat him and the gap is growing by the day between them. Obviously it's still a mega fight etc but I would rather see Canelo in with Smith, BJS or even Kovalev.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Callum Smith is a hard fight for Canelo. Could hurt him but then again his height might allow Canelo to ruin Smith's body..

Billy Joe Saunders is a good fight but think Canelo catches and stops him. Same with Smith, think Callum Smith deffo knocks Saunders out. Supposedly the offer is there from Warren but the Smith camp haven't got back to them..

Golovkin won those 2 fights. They weren't the most entertaining though and I think the trilogy would be worse. He'll never get it though because he's on the decline at 37 and Canelo is the poster boy....that's just a fact that's been proven twice already..

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Wilder will smash Ruiz into next week, big Fury would box his lugs off with a hand tied behind his back.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Smith is * huge at the weight and looks unstoppable, but we need to see him beating the big boys, consistently, before getting carried away. So far he's only beat a very much * and semi retired Groves, who was still injured imo. No way his shoulder was bang on in that fight.
    I could see BJS outboxing him in a 12 round stinker. He's that good a boxer, could also see Smith sparking him tbf, although if BJS is fit and motivated I'd favour him.

Canelo didn't lose one of those fights imo, nevermind both of them, but I know it's one of those where loads disagree. I'd hate GGG to go in at 37-38 and get beat up off a prime Canelo, which is what would happen. GGG was shipping shots at the weekend against a bang average boxer and Canelo was walking through him last time.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He looks the real deal in my opinion. Quick. Can box at range and excellent inside for a big guy. Good variety. Composed. Punishing finisher..

Aye was sad to see Groves going out like that. Still think he would've done him but no way, zero chance his shoulder was sorted that quick but if he didn't take it, eventually Eubank or someone would've replaced him..

Saunders is a quality operator but doesn't have the power to keep Smith at bay. Smith is no Lemiuex and would get to him at some stage. I think even Andrade would've got to him and sparked him if I'm honest..

I don't want to see that trilogy. Don't think there's much appetite other than triple G hardcores wanting to see it avenged once before he retires..

All about opinions bud I think he lost the 2 fights personally..

Free the Adblock likes this.
  12. celts67

13. Quickness

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    That Anthony Joshua vs Andy Ruiz Jr fight the other week was CRAZY. Never saw that result coming, Ruiz & his team had a great game plan by the looks of it. Who is to blame for the result? Eddie Hearn? Anthony Joshua? or Rob McCracken?
    Anyway the heavyweight saga continues early Sunday morning with Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz live from the MGM Grand Las Vegas so i'm setting my alarm for 3am its on bt ppv. Hopefully we don't see an upset and we get to see Fury & Wilder 2 battle it out and Joshua vs Fury. Let the games begin fight fans.

14. celts67

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    BT should be decent later..

Warrington/Galahad will be tasty and Barret/Woodstock on the under-card..

Love Fury but will be swerving sitting up and paying for that pish fight..

Boruc17 and Free the Adblock like this.
  16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I'll echo that.
    Who you fancy for the main fight ? I know Galahad is awkward n *. But I can't see Warrington allowing him to fight his fight. Warrington will drag him into his type of fight, same as he done with Selby and Frampton. Fancy Josh to win wide UD or maybe grind him down late.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I don't think it'll be as comfortable as some think. Be a harder fight this for me than both Frampton and Selby..

I fancied both of them to do Warrington at the time but he's better than I thought..

Think his pressure and pace should be too much for Galahad and will win on points..

Intriguing fight and plenty of needle though..

Got a cheat like Galahad and an utter * in Warrington who I can't stand. Should always want the cheat to get beat but Warrington and his support will annoy me as soon as I see and hear them later..

Barret/Woodstock will be lively by the way..

18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I'm the same, fancied Selby and Frampton, gave Warrington * all chance. He's criminally underrated. I used to hate him, but him and his Dad actually come across really well. Pity about his fans, they sour it.
    Dom Ingle is usually alright but he's * me right off this build up, absolute *. Throw in Galahad being a cheating *, hope he gets leathered.

I've seen Woodstock a couple of times, doesn't ever seem up to much tbh.

19. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    When’s this card start boys

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Think they come across neddy arseholes. Ingle is the exact same. Threatening to jump in the ring and have it..

The Ingle gym is a mirror or Dom Ingle. Juice head cocky *..

I'm honestly not overly fussed who wins it. Don't like either anyway just want them for hammer each other..

Aye him or Barrett aren't great but both come forward fighter's I've seen before. Ronnie Clark the * from Aberdeen who beat Barrett in a war before. Clark was relentless..

Fancy Barrett to win by probably points as well. Wouldn't surprise me if Woodstock touches the canvas..