1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2019

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 7, 2018.

Discuss Football Manager 2019 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-5-26_14-46-1.png

Bought Vincet Janssen in January for £7 million. Has scored 16 goals in 16 games. Great signing. Need to make the Chukwueze deal permanent.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  2. Pharad

found it for 17,79eu, seems like the cheapest it has ever gotten so far. Want to buy it as a B-Day present for my much younger cousin, kids are all into games now, they don't even go outside, so I think... if they play something, it's better to play something that really forces you to twist and turn your brain.

3. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    This has been a weird, weird league campaign.

[​IMG]

Expected Poch's Milan to build on their strong challenge and really push us all the way again. They imploded, Poch strangely got sacked straight after a 3-1 extra time Coppa Italia win over Roma, why that was the final straw I'm not quite sure. They replaced him with Ernesto Valverde who arrives in Italy on the back of a rather patchy record. Won the 18/19 La Liga title at Barca but then got the sack in the following season having finished 3rd and surrendered the title to Atleti. Then had a brief stint at Arsenal, failing to get past January before getting his P45, he then racked up a few trophies with Porto and bided (bode? bade?) his time for a job in a serious league. Did alright I guess, guiding them from 15th to 6th.

Mancini's near three-year reign at Inter came to an abrupt end as he got the sack in March on the back of a defeat to Juve which left them in 10th. Sad to see a Samp legend depart but he's landed on his feet by taking up the Leipzig job, vacated by Julian Nagelsman weirdly who won the league to finally break Bayern's run of 11-in-a-row only to then resign and take the Bayern job. Inter went German and hired Jogi Low, who has done well to shoot them back up to third.

Juve have had an absolute banter season, they've somehow managed to finish in the bottom half and burn their way through not just one but two managers. Had to delve into the Wikipedia record books to figure out that 12th represents their worst non Calciopoli-related league finish since 61/62 when they came 13th.

Zidane got the boot at the end of December after a lackluster 0-0 Turin derby. They then hired Deschamps only to sack him after a 1-0 Turin derby loss on the final day of the season. Seemingly not content to abandon the former player approach they've appointed Paulo Sosa now. Ronaldo is retiring and freeing up some wages so they've at least got that going for them. Nice bit of symmetry as Messi is also retiring. Albeit Barca barely play him these days, his final season consisted of 1 league start and 8 sub appearances.

Despite having a largely creditable season and finishing 2nd, Napoli decided that the 27-point gap to 1st was unacceptable, sacking Marcelo Gallardo and replacing him with Tata Martino. Final day saw an exciting head-to-head playoff between Roma and Atalanta for the final CL spot, with Atalanta prevailing 2-1 to jump up a position and leapfrog the Romans. Senel Gunes then decided enough was enough and retired from management, leaving the way open for Nuno to take up the Roma hotseat. Other notable club was probably Lazio, who won the Europa League final against Arsenal on pens to sneak into the CL via the backdoor.

For us it was frustratingly easy. Didn't quite achieve an undefeated season as Lazio managed to beat us 0-2 at home. We had a chance to break Antonio Conte's Juve record of 33 wins, but Inter held us to a draw late in the season which meant we could only match it. Did however claim the overall points record by going 1 better than Conte's 102 pts season.
    CL campaign was a fun one. Breezed through the group, then had back-to-back rounds against German clubs. Beat BVB 4-1 on agg and then beat Bayern 3-1. Semis were an exact copy of last season's, with us against Man City and Liverpool-Man United in the other one. Away leg was a tough slog, ended up losing 2-1. Had a bit of an injury scare and thought history was repeating itself, albeit RW this time as opposed to last season's LW crisis. Musso twisted his knee in a league game against Napoli, ruling him out of the return leg. Vignato pulled his thigh in the same match.

For the first time in this save I decided the circumstances warranted a course of painkilling injections to get Vignato onto the pitch. Fully worth it as we ran out 2-0 winners, sending us through to the Valencia final at the new Mestalla.

[​IMG]

United were * poor.

[​IMG]

Player form. Pinamonti had a slightly quieter year on the goalscoring front, only managing 20 in all comps, but all is forgiven really after his monster performance in the CL final. Regen Argentine youngster Musso had an encouraging debut season sharing the RW spot and has convinced me to shelve any plans to splurge on Federico Chiesa. Will just roll with Vignato and Musso there long term. Antonio Marin had a superb season and set a new average rating record of 7.57. Doku is better on paper but Marin seems to just outperform him for some reason. I guess Doku will get better with age, lad's still young. Happy to see homegrown regen Alfredo Perri emerging as a legit starter, has firmly relegated Linetty into injury backup territory now.

[​IMG]

This chap is probably my most exciting regen to come through our academy at the moment. Bit random for a Scottish player to pop up, might be down to the new owners or something. He has Italian second nationality but I think he'll end up playing for Scotland. They recently called him up for a senior international squad which is crazy at just 17 y/o, though they didn't play him. I played him in 4 CL group games on a bit of a whim, kept 3 clean sheets iirc and set a new record for Samp's youngest ever player at 16 years 175 days. Wanted to give him a good run in the Coppa Italia but we unfortunately lost our first match in that against Sassuolo. Did get him a league start though when Plizzari had a slight injury.

I've decided to impose a sort of de facto transfer ban on myself. The team can't really get much better. Only exception is for top level Italian regens. I've got 12 club-grown players in the first team and I'll have 13 in a year's time. Want to keep this core together and squeeze everything I can from it. Maybe if I start hoarding money rather than spending it the board will agree to build a new stadium.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’ve had three invincible trebles with Celtic but can’t get near the Champions League Final. Does my * in. Sign class regens and they take the huff after a season. Sold a guy there for 90mil. CB pairing of Konate and Zagadou was unreal, conceded 4 goals in the league all season.

Seosamh Máirtín and Mr. Fawlty like this.
  5. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Still on my first ever save from the beta, at Arsenal for my second spell holding out for the Barca job now really as iv won everything that can be won with Arsenal in both spells 2X over and won the French and German league with PSG & Bayern so hoping the Barca job comes up shortly, if not would like to give Juventus a crack

Virtually no real life players left, just about ready to offer some of my older regen players staff contracts!

6. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Went for English youth for the up and coming attack on the premier league;

Jordan Storey cost £2.3 million from Preston and looks like a potentially good ball playing centre half;

upload_2019-5-31_18-8-22.png
    I have been using a box to box midfielder in my system and Andy Rinomhota looked perfect for it. Fee was a hefty £7.25 million which was pricy but he looks like a beast that will only get better.
    upload_2019-5-31_18-8-48.png

Was working on a deal to sign Samuel Chukwueze for £25 million but was way too much money for him, although he was successful for me last season. As the confirmed deal was approach my scout alerted me to Jack Harrison being available for £2.5 million so it was an absolute no brainer to go for him instead.

upload_2019-5-31_18-9-9.png

7. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Paid £7 million for Jack Lankester from Ipswich. Looks a good prospect.
    upload_2019-5-31_20-6-22.png upload_2019-5-31_20-6-23.png

8. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
  9. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-6-1_17-58-11.png

highly recommend this guy. Got him for £1.9 million in Jan of the first season from Estoril. He is turing into a beast

10. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    I got him too while playing with Besiktas, good and cheap DM with great mental attributes at such age.

Also got Mikey Johnston, actually stalked him for two years! And guess what, he had 5 injuries in the first two months, that boy is made of glass! :56:

mickcfc91 likes this.
  11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-6-7_21-39-20.png

Big Vinnie bossing it upfront. Finished 4th but miles off Liverpool and City. Leeds done absolutely brilliant as well. There top man seems to be Danny Loader.
    upload_2019-6-7_21-40-43.png

He is a physical beast. That with 13 for finishing dribbling and composure is a perfect combo.

12. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Here is my signing for the season going forward;

upload_2019-6-7_22-43-41.png

Got him for £8.5 million was on the transfer list. No brainer, although big wages.

upload_2019-6-7_22-44-21.png

Cost £500k from Arsenal. My scouts love him says he is potentially 4 stars. English and was cheap so had to buy him for the squad.

upload_2019-6-7_22-45-13.png

This monster had a £2.6 million buyout clause. Absolute beast and will replace Holding who was on loan from Arsenal last season.

upload_2019-6-7_22-46-19.png

Matty Cash was on the transfer list for £4 million. Looks a decent back up right winger.

Thats me done for the season coming up I reckon.

Attached Files:

13. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Heres my squad;

First choice;

upload_2019-6-7_22-48-35.png

Back up;

upload_2019-6-7_22-48-54.png

First choice;

upload_2019-6-7_22-49-20.png

Back up;

upload_2019-6-7_22-49-41.png

First choice;

upload_2019-6-7_22-50-7.png

upload_2019-6-7_22-50-29.png

Back up;

upload_2019-6-7_22-50-50.png

upload_2019-6-7_22-51-6.png

Right back first choice;

upload_2019-6-7_22-51-27.png

Back up;

upload_2019-6-7_22-51-47.png

marti~bhoy likes this.
  14. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I play two box to box midfielders;

First choice;

upload_2019-6-7_22-52-47.png
    upload_2019-6-7_22-53-13.png

Back up;
    loan from city

upload_2019-6-7_22-53-33.png
    upload_2019-6-7_22-53-59.png

Wingers
    First choice;

upload_2019-6-7_22-54-23.png

upload_2019-6-7_22-54-53.png

Back up;

upload_2019-6-7_22-55-12.png
    upload_2019-6-7_22-55-32.png

upload_2019-6-7_22-55-49.png

Attached Files:

15. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Forwards;

First choice;

upload_2019-6-7_22-56-20.png
    upload_2019-6-7_22-56-37.png

Back up;
    upload_2019-6-7_22-56-55.png
    upload_2019-6-7_22-57-14.png
    upload_2019-6-7_22-57-30.png

Really happy with the squad. Got loads of young british talent in it.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  16. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Update:

Bristol City (in the prem) paid £30 million (a deal with addons etc) for Celina. Was only back up and a great deal for me.

Got Rob Holding back on loan. Was a beast for me last year;

upload_2019-6-7_23-6-59.png

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  17. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    [​IMG]

Ahem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So Inter have managed to take the banter season concept to terrible new heights. Utterly baffling how they've managed to go down. Sacked Jogi Low quite early into the season and replaced him with the rather random Markus Anfang.

Juve finishing 12th for a second season in succession doesn't look nearly as bad in comparison.

We broke Juve's/our own joint 33 wins record from last season, notching up 35. Managed the domestic double by beating Milan in the Coppa final, and also hoovered up all of the superfluous minor trophies (UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, Italian Super Cup, etc). Only sore point was our failure to defend the Champions League crown that we fought so hard for last season. Because of the CWC we had a bunch of league fixtures pushed to the back end of the schedule, resulting in some ludicrous pile-up. We cruised by Barca 6-1 on aggregate, then got the better of Lazio 4-1 in the quarters. Had Klopp's Real Madrid in the semis, first leg was a dull 0-0 but in between that and the second leg we had to navigate a ridiculous 3 league games. Playing every two days for about a fortnight, was a stupid situation.

We couldn't muster our typical attacking fluency in the second leg, and they were awarded a poxy dodgy peno which gifted them the win, 1-0 on agg. Gutted. At least they got knocked over by Bayern in the final.

[​IMG]

The stats. Despite finishing top with 20 goals Pinamonti had a bit of a stop start season with long periods of frustrating form. Hope to see more from him next season, but it's not like he's done badly or anything. And I want to keep him around for the long haul to overtake Mancini's Samp league goals record, he's over halfway there already.

Marin has been brilliant, 18 goals from the left wing and a bunch of assists. Zaniolo bossed it from midfield, 17 goals from CM is a superb total. Larzabal is starting to flourish, much better season from him though he's been restricted a bit by being second-choice. Vignato was impressive, the only attacker to reach double figures in both goals and assists.

Delighted to see Perri flourishing and justifying the time I've put into developing, undoubtedly the cream of our academy products.

Has been a difficult year for Kean as he's struggled to get minutes due to me being unable to offload a really good LW on loan that I bought from Perugia. Will hopefully find a loan for him which will free up more playing time for Kean to stop him getting frustrated and looking to leave. Truth be told he's pretty superfluous but I like the depth, though with more good youth products coming through it may get hard to justify keeping him around as a 3rd-choice striker/3rd-choice LW.

Doku has disappointed, on paper he should be our first-choice LW but Marin consistently outperforms him. Still young though so might come good eventually. Musso has exceeded expectations with his 16 assists, dovetails nicely with Vignato on the right and justifies my decision to not pursue Chiesa. Love a good cheap Argentine regen like him. Pellegrini has been his usual creative self, will be tough to replace him when he clicks over the 30 y/o mark in a couple of seasons.

Coda to the season was a frustrating couple of results in the UNL with Italy. Got beat 2-0 by France in the semi, both goals scored by Mbappe. Then struggled to overcome Spain in the 3rd-place playoff, ended up 0-0 and we lost the penalty shootout.

mickcfc91 likes this.
  18. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Can someone put up a screenshot of maryan schved stats. Just curious .i dont have this game i play on the ipad fm 2018

19. Hampsonivich

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Cant remember his exact stats but he stats but he scores for fun when he joins

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

20. dmccourt95

Just ended my 10 in a row season, won an invincible treble and the champions league beating Liverpool 6-2 in the final weah is an absolute monster in my save