1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CFC.1

Love the man but he’s done.

Don’t understand how Lennon could think about offering him a new deal when he knows he’s a weak link, and used to target him when at hibs. Doesn’t make sense to me, even as back up.

2. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lustig has been a great servant to the club but has been done for a couple of years now. If he stays he is only going to make fans go against him. I don't understand anybody saying, we should keep him a backup. * being in Europe & our backup RB is Lustig.

I think Lustig still thinks he has a lot to give as a first team player but that is certainly not at us.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Well, setting up the winning goal for a Treble Treble is something to offer.

4th highest assister this season as well, more than KT, Rogic, Christie, Eddy....

He’s not good enough for a first choice anymore but people pretending he offers * all are at it

4. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    So you would be happy to go into Europe with Lustig as back up?

Funny not one of the things mentioned are to do with his actual job, Defending :43:

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Just won a treble treble and got through a very tough group stage with him defending mate.

Aye, I would be happy having him as a back up in Europe.

As long as he’s not first pick, then I think it’s a good move to keep him about.

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Hopefully he will realise that if he stays then his flaws will be exposed and will be an easy target for the boo boys . Leave now on a high Mikael because if you stay then you leave very quietly with your reputation tarnished like Izzy .

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

MIKAEL LUSTIG has revealed he made a grovelling apology to cops after his Old Firm police hat stunt.

The Celtic defender grabbed a bobby’s bunnet during the 5-0 Parkhead win over Rangers last April.

But Lustig was later warned by angry cops and was forced to personally apologise for his antics.

He said: “The reaction was mostly positive but I was told the police in Scotland weren’t happy with me.

“I had to call them and apologise. After that. everything went quiet.

“I enjoy having fun but clearly wearing a police hat was not something I planned be

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Dubliner1

He's doing well for Sweden tonight against Spain

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Played the Spain side on when they were disallowed a goal even though Lustig had played them about 2/3 yard's onside..

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Speaking after Sweden’s 3-0 defeat against Spain on Monday, Lustig told Sportbladet: “ The last few weeks have been tough. Not on the field, but off the pitch.

“I am proud of how I have handled the situation and those closest to me, the players and the leaders at Celtic know what has happened.

“It could have been handled differently, in terms of what has been said and what happened.”

Asked whether he laid the blame at the door of the Celtic hierarchy, Lustig declined to comment.

What the * is going on at Celtic!!!

11. Pearse67*

Alarm bells defo ringing!

Tommy25 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  12. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Probably cause his name was on that leaked bit of paper saying we were letting him go.

Xatraps and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Asked whether he laid the blame at the door of the Parkhead hierarchy, Lustig declined to comment.

He did, however, refuse to rule out extending his stay with the treble Treble winners.

Lustig continued: “You should never say never. I love Celtic and never thought I would feel such a connection to a club.

"I would never close that door. For me, that club is the fans and the job the players do for them. I have nothing but good things to say about Celtic.”

Nevertheless, Lustig is likely to have no shortage of options should his love affair with Celtic come to an end.

He added: “I know about Malmo’s interest but I would also consider going further afield. Today it is not only Europe where you can play, I have national teammates who have moved to the United States, the Middle East and Australia.”

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    What could have been handled differently? The leaked document?

Hopefully thats what he is alluding to and we don't have further * issues to deal with.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure we'll hear from the rumour mill.

Pretty pish if we've dealt with it poorly, although that does seem to be the norm for us now. The guy has been a fantastic servant for us (even if he has regressed in the last few years) and has been a consummate professional throughout. I hope it's not something ridiculous that stops the big man from returning back to Parkhead as a supporter.

Tommy25 and Peej like this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye bit of a concern - no doubt plenty rumours as well - that a player who has been here so long and given so much for the club and fans, can be tossed away so casually.

IF it is just the leaked document and that's how he found out he wasn't wanted - then yeah could have been handled better. That document was near 2months old by time it was leaked, surely someone in the club would have had a talk with him by then though?

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Please just leave.

Wouldn't keep him even as backup.

Problem is of course we need 2 new right backs as I don't trust Ralston either and Tierney is the only good defender to come through the academy in 10-15 years.

18. Aidan O’Shea

Hearing rumours that Lustig leaked the document in order to force the club to play its hand. Not good.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lol

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. celtic warrior

Aye, because a player at the end of his contract is going to gain anything from leaking official strategy plans for the club.

That could likely be seen as gross misconduct and get him the sack.

He doesn't strike as a * who'd do such a thing, sounds like a wind up to me.

Tommy25 likes this.