1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd get my bat out and head to Glasgow via the Emirates if this was happening..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Can you imagine if we had to deal with this as well

3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think people are just putting 2 in 2 together with the links to the arsenal RB, no doubt they'll be interested in Tierney but we already have a rebuild to do and tierney obviously won't force his way out.

4. Jeremie Frimpong

Arsenal get Tierney, and we get a youth player on loan? Yes, please! :giggle1:

The IRA likes this.
  5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    "Itk" arsenal fans seem to believe that Kt is on his way for 20m, with the RB kid sent up as a sweetner, but also with a buy back clause.

If this happens... we riot.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. dmccourt95

20 mill and some * random youth kid is an insult

7. Dazzler86

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Sell Tierney= fans riot.
    Lawell tries to soften the blow by bringing in Henrik as a coach the day after. Sounds like a thing that * would do

8. horseshoe

An itk arsenal fan said it? Can't argue with that for a source, sack the board and set fire to the stadium, this is an outrage.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If Lawwell does that it will be the end of him at Celtic.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  10. StevieBhoooy!

Only as far as ‘us the fans’ go...
    It’s not as if they don’t treat supporters opinions with contempt already...

The ‘board’ and especially Bankier & DD would see it as great business unfortunately... 20+ million more in the bank - get the CL failure money in before we actually fail.

I think we should have genuine fear that a KT or CalMac will be sold before August 8th.

Is there ANY player who wouldn’t be sold should an ‘acceptable’ offer come in?

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  11. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Everyone here assuming Tierney doesn't want to leave. In all honesty if someone came to you waving £100k a week and £1million signing on fee under your nose i'm sure you'd all say 'nah you're alright'.

He's probably looking at Robertson, a player who he may feel is inferior to himself, winning Champions Leagues and tearing it up down here and saying 'I can do that, i can have some of that'.
    He may be one of us, but he is also a human being and the club won't be able to force him to leave no more than they can force him to stay if he really wanted to go.

Personally don't think it's true..... until i hear from himself or either club and not just paper/blog/Twitter talk. We have our best players touted for moves every window, that's the nature of our stature and the gutter press in Scotland.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

People are already * off at the lack of ambition and investment, selling off the best talent we have brought through for decades who is on record as saying he doesn't want to leave would be the straw that breaks the camels back I think.

Financially there is no need to sell, we have 10s of millions sitting in the bank. We need to improve the squad not decimate the quality even further by punting Tierney and/or McGregor and replacing them with a £1-2 million player.

63bruce, The IRA and Mince.Charming like this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

Well, if I were already earning in a week close to what most people earn in a year, and living my dream, I would.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  14. ynwa1987

Very easy to say that when we aren’t in that position but that’s not how the human brain works. We are creatures of excess and you would quickly become accustomed to that life style

15. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Of course you would.

16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Exactly. KT in all honesty is earning a pittance for a player of his ability in relation to other footballing nations. Jeremy Toljan is on £55k a week at Dortmund to do * all.

Anyone who thinks another footballer will look at a diddy like him earning that in a rich league and not think of their own self worth is off their rocker.

ynwa1987 likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No chance he goes this year for me..

Had a nightmare season last season in agony and missing a large chunk of our treble. Just had a double hernia op so he himself wouldn't want to go down there unless absolutely bang at it I would imagine..

Can see us getting another couple of year's out of KT for the 10. At the very least he'd go next year after getting himself back up to speed and hitting the ground running in the EPL..

If it get's to the 9, you'd find it very hard to believe he'd leave with the carrot of the 10 dangling. He'd still only be 24 anyway..

If the board try and force him out because they are half * it that he may come back an inferior player after his op...it'll be a disgrace. Whilst the likes of Compper sit for another year unable to shift, on more doe..

In KT I trust 100%..

18. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Surprised he is not taking Henrik in as KT replacement .

19. Jeremie Frimpong

Are you suggesting that you know me better than I know myself? That's quite arrogant of you. I guess that I shouldn't be surprised.

20. Jeremie Frimpong

I can speak for myself, thank you.