1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

It’s a fitba forum not an FBI investigation.

Some people will find it hard to believe that it’s a coincidence that in his last 2 showings at Ibrox after being run ragged and at fault for both goals he’s hobbled off injured.

As soon as he went off injured everyone and their dug knew he’d be fine for the final.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He shat it.

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Obviously there are managers who are better than Lennon but not as good as Benítez: Brendan Rodgers for one. However that doesn't mean that Lenny isn't a good manager, let's give him time.

Oh, dude, I know it's unintentional and you only say these things because you care deeply about the club; but Lustig and Lennon have done nothing but serve us to the best of our ability. You might be justified in your anger at the board; but can you not try to express it towards the board without constantly implying that Lenny is a poor manager and Lustig is a * player? You are very clearly an extremely smart guy and I happen to think you are a good guy too (as far as I can tell online), you know they deserve more respect than that- especially NL.

I think I do know what you mean, mate: you think we can get a better manager than Lenny and we all know we can definitely get a better RB than Lustig as he is now (I add that qualification, because I think he was excellent until maybe a year and a half to 2 years ago). You have a case you can make there without needing to disrespect them.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I was thinking more science than law enforcement, but whatever. :56:

It's a bit like verbal abuse, really. Just as really nasty abuse that would normally have you seen as (at best!) emotionally unhinged in the real world is seemingly accepted towards underperforming football players in a football stadium; in exactly the same way, going round accusing people of outrageous things without being able to produce a shred of real evidence in real life would make you look like a total scumbag- and yet ordinary, decent, non-scumbag people think it's OK to do it if the target is a footballer or other celebrity. They are wrong, it isn't.

That's what I mean by evidence.

Liam Scales and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Unless you're Lee Congerton. Then you deserve every bit of slander and verbal abuse that comes your way. :47:

Lilac Wine and Liam Scales like this.
  6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    :56:

7. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Decent back up now, that's about it.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Plenty of evidence to support that though.

Same * that were saying this about Lustig (and Mulgrew previous to that) were saying Broony was deliberately playing * under Ronny to get him the sack as well.

It’s like they ignore 8 years of evidence and what we know of the person to feed the permarage.

9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Every goal conceded in the CL qualifiers was his fault. Weve offered him the chance to be the starter for them again and this time a year furher into his decline. Somethings just plain wrong in recruitment.

Id atleast hope Lawell will have the sense to reduce his wage appropriately. A wage just above what he would have got with a return to Scandinavia would do him fine.

celticfan01 likes this.
  10. Keano88

Nobody bar Lustig will ever have evidence to show if he was actually injured or not.

People will speculate due to this through..

PSG away -
    Neymar goes by him and scores.
    Hobbles off injured.
    Plays the entire cup final a few days later.

Huns away -
    Goal comes down his side.
    Being shown up by Kent.
    Hobbles off injured.
    Dropped when we come back from winter break.

Huns away -
    Goal comes down his side.
    Having a hard time again.
    Hobbles off injured.
    Injury ‘isn’t as bad as first feared’.
    Plays entire game in the final.

celticfan01 likes this.
  11. Jeremie Frimpong

@Random Review

I hold both of them in high esteem, but neither of them are good enough for a club with our supposed ambitions.

I find the excuses for Lennon's shortcomings embarrassing - disrespectful, even; the false praise even more so.

"Lennon's a Celtic man."
    "Lennon knows the city."
    "Name a realistic alternative to Lennon."

The same people are now regurgitating the same rubbish for Lustig. I believe that you and others are mistaking the objects of people's ridicule here.

We would all love our heroes to stay at Celtic, but we have to be dispassionate in our decision making if we are to progress as a club. We should remember Stein's quote about moving on and making new legends.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Garrymac1888, Xatraps and Keano88 like this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And now all the times he’s hobbled off injured when we’ve not had a big game or getting beat for comparison :fear:

Lilac Wine and Random Review like this.
  13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree with you that Lustig is no longer good enough to be our first choice RB, mate. I'm not sure how I feel about the contract extension. I'm feeling ambivalent precisely because I love the guy. At the moment he's already a bit of a weak link, I worry that at some point in the next two years he will become a complete liability like Izzy was this year. It wasn't nice seeing Izzy like that. I don't want it to happen to Lustig.

With Lenny, I'm not terribly worried and we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he's a better manager than you think, mate. Time will tell who is right.

Well, as long as he's backed this summer to build his own team. If he isn't, then I'm not confident at all and we can moan together in August. :giggle1::60:

But seriously, mate: I know you don't mean to disrespect them; but sometimes it does come across that way a little (especially on here where some people are openly disrespectful).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If he isn’t backed that’s down to him as well, he’s accepted the terms mate. If he accepted the terms he * off because last time then it’s on him.

Lenny’s never in his life been that spineless though, so I’ll see what happens.

Tommy25, Xatraps and Random Review like this.
  15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I was looking for random quotes about Lustig not finishing games back when he was still undeniably a very good player (I found a fair few with just 15 minutes with Google- and I'm pish with Google). In the end, I realised it was pretty petty of me.

But it was worth it to find this gem from the thread when we beat Barça.

:56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56::56:

Lilac Wine and Liam Scales like this.
  16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Is the rumours of the club offering him a new 2 year deal got any clout behind it?

If it has then I really do * worry.

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He has given his notice to terminate his contract. The mrs is hankering for a move home to Sweden I very much doubt it has any substance

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I love Lustig, but his time here for me has come to an end!

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Announce 2 year deal for Mrs Lustig

20. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I would say there is quite a bit of evidence out there that he has faked injuries in the past 2 seasons, again I've just given you 4 examples and you've shrugged them off . Also you still haven't explained how a player can recover from a hamstring injury in 4-5 days and then start in a cup final and play a full 93 minute game without a problem? He knew it was going to be a long night for him in Paris and after being at fault for the first goal inside the first 10 minutes he decided to take the easy way out. I've watched Celtic for over 20 years and never accused a player of faking an injury up until now, but it is clear as day that he does do it.

So it was just a coincidence that the last two games we've played against the huns at the * pit he has been hooked off at half time after getting the run around (whilst being behind)- with supposed 'injuries'? Yet all (5) previous matches against them there he had never been substituted before- so your argument of he rarely lasts a full 90 is flawed when it comes to playing the huns. Yet then two weeks later he's starting in the cup final, which we all knew anyway because there was f all wrong with him like Keano has already said.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019