1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Shows a lack of ambition by the board again .

2. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Nothing on the official site Twitter guys saying it's from a fake account file under pish

3. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

4. Van the man

Fake news

5. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

I call bullshit.

There’s no F in Celtic.

paulm25 likes this.
  6. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    True. He's passed The Knowledge. He can get you from Byers Road to London Road in 15 mins at rush hour!

Pablo87 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  7. Cringer67

Ok first and foremost I think we need an upgrade on Lustig. Saying that, I think some of the criticism that’s been throw at the guy is a touch too far. The guy clearly bleeds green and white- something that will become rarer and rarer in football, and I for one love him for loving our club like we do. Furthermore, looking at a guy like Toljan play for us, who went to Dortmund for 6m and is on apparently 60k a week, who would you rather be there at RB? There’s only one answer there- point being I just sometimes think the fans believe a 21 year old Dani Alves is required and the only answer

8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    What about that game v Barca? We are talking about over the past two years where his legs have been struggling, not a game 7 years ago, anyway Lennon used to take him off because of him blowing his * out and tactical reasons- not injuries. It's still amazing how he recovered to make the cup final v Motherwell when 5 days earlier his hamstring was apparently gone right after Neymar scored against him. Not to mention the two times he's shat it from kent this season. At the end of the day we need to move forward as a club, that's not having a 32 year old that can barely run on one of the highest salaries having his contract renewed. Sure he is a sufficient back-up to play against some of the dross in our league but we could bring in Stephen O'Donnell on half the wages and he would do the same job/ if not better.

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Izzy is already gone. So maybe Hayes at left back next month assuming Tierney is not ready.

10. GavCFC1

Seem to recall last year, when Hibe beat us 2-0. John McGinn was in the studio and said that Lennon usually told them to target Lustig, mental that he’s now likely staying another two year and possibly as first choice

11. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    tbf when Hibs beat us 2-0 Lustig was not in the matchday squad, although the last time we played Hibs Omenga was ripping him a new one. Think people also forget that game v Leipzig where his 2 individual errors almost cost us the game, the first not marking correctly and taking 0 responsibility for, then we took the lead again and he was caught out of position and Kampl luckily hit the bar. * sake just get Gumny in already before he gets called up internationally

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  12. GavCFC1

Didn’t say Lustig was in the squad. Said that McGinn said Lennon would always target Lustig

13. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Wouldn't be against a 1 year deal as we have no other capable RBs at the club and I don't trust the board to bring in 2 of standard. But he's demanding a 2 year deal then it's too much imo as he's struggling as it is.

14. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ah fair enough, although it didn't really work for Lenny when Lustig had never lost to a Hibs side under Lennon. Lennon preferred Adam Matthews over him anyway so hopefully he does the right thing

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm not sure what I'm not expressing clearly here, but obviously I am failing to get my point across. Let me ask you a question:

Given that he has always struggled to last 90 minutes in big games and that his body is clearly getting older, what evidence do you have that he feigns injuries?
    I mean it's not impossible, players have been known to do such things; but it's a pretty serious accusation to make about one of our players. I'd want to have pretty rock solid evidence myself before making such an accusation.

So what is your evidence?

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  16. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

If he signs a new deal, he's our right back for the qualifiers..

Canny wait to see the first decent winger beat him and get easy crosses in. Again. Grim.

17. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact ryan kent put him on his * shows you dont even need to be half decent to beat him anymore.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He also told us to target Alves and Alba against Barca, it doesn’t mean much except tactics. He likes to build the game from wide and being the weaker option out of him and Tierney isn’t really all that surprising.

Especially when at the time, Sinclair was on * fire and Forrest wasn’t. You overload the left, Tierney was likely to take the ball and play on the counter to Sinclair.

19. Jeremie Frimpong

Aye, there's no one between Lustig and Alves in ability, like there's no one between Lennon and Benítez in ability.

Tommy25, celticfan01, Xatraps and 5 others like this.
  20. Murph-E

I thought a 31 year old Lustig could be off the pace and poor on the ball. Dread to see him at 34 tbh, but if he signs this 2-year deal he'll 100% be our first choice RB for the next two years.