1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed - paint code on new car.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by MikeyBhoy89, Jun 4, 2019.

Discuss Help needed - paint code on new car. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Hi all, feel a bit of a fud for asking this. Bought a Ford Fusion 07 plate few weeks ago, it’s got a few scratches and marks that a need to get a paint/touch up kit for. The manual and online says the paint code should be on drivers side door down the side or bottom. Av checked the whole car and no sign of it ? . Went into Halfords and they couldn’t be exact on what paint a need.

Is this information a can get anywhere else ?. Never had to do anything like this before so am a bit lost.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/ford/fusion/

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

4. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

5. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    That’s brilliant mate
    Cheers

packybhoy likes this.
  6. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Cracking wee garage down polmadie called “touch ups” if that’s any use. Cheap as chips for minor scratches.

Edit... that’s assuming you’re from Glasgow haha

7. Onefootwonder

I've not got much experience of Ford, but often the manufacturers touch up kits are the best colour match and not any more expensive. The Halfords kits I have tried haven't been good.

A dealer will find the colour code from the registration plate.

Touching up scratches and chips isn't easy at all. Some scratches might polish out, but unlikely by hand.

8. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    spray painter here , good mates rates ;) .. na only kidding retired from that game !

@packybhoy post was spot on , the f is the code , the 3 will be the batch it was painted with for a match .

packybhoy likes this.
  9. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    I’ve never done this sort of thing so think a might take it in somewhere but dunno how cheap/expensive that is ? . Just minor scratches and 3 biggish ones at the front.

Ma mate says he can do it if a get the paint but dunno if he knows what he’s on about tbh haha

10. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    from a painter , touch up kits and aerosols aint worth the money ! no matter how you try it wont be right , trust me .

11. Onefootwonder

A simple chip can be very time consuming. Time is money.

Touching up is really hard and takes loads of time. Some people have the skills.

Trying to blend in with a can I do agree, but you can achieve really good results with touching up kits for chips.

Bodyshops and chipsaway all refuse to get involved. However have a look at some of the results detailiers achieve.

12. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    sorry mate , you are talking to a spraypainter of 40 years experience . but hey , you waste your money .
    chips away :56: guy gives up his office job and pays best part of 20 grand to buy a franchise, a job to make a fortune .. promised :s:

if you dont mind a watery runny * poor finish ( that will peel in weeks ) ok .

13. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Thanks for letting me know mate appreciate your insight and information. The more I think about it and the more I hear the more makes me think a need to pay for a pro to do it.

Any idea on the rough price I would get charged for a few scratches and a couple of biggish marks ? I know it will be hard to give me a price but just looking for a rough idea

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Get a pro. I watched a guy on a forum do a minted job, got the chips all filled in, wet sanded, machine polished. Perfection.

I tried it. Took my time, wet sanded, machine polished, * it, sent it to a pro :56:

15. Onefootwonder

Clearly the old dog needs to learn new tricks. :giggle1:

You will find that people with the right skills, as I say not people like chips away or bodyshops, but keen detailers who go way above that level of attention and care, can make a really good job of touching up paint.

A good detailer spends days correcting the paint from factory cars and the best bodyshops.

They manage to touch in stone chips to a level a body shop just wouldn't entertain.

I'm sure there will be a few videos you could find on YouTube. I'm sure their skills and level of detail will surprise yourself.