1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Reyes dead.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Momo Sylla, Jun 1, 2019.

Discuss Jose Reyes dead. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

Crashing into concrete at 120mph I'd would imagine the chances of survival would be the same in nearly all road cars. Next to nothing.

The S Class Merc isn't a nimble car.

Going 120mph isn't technically an issue for a lot of cars. Reaction times and stopping is the real issue on public roads.

Most young boys do silly stuff when they are young. Been there and seen it all too often with cars. Reyes was 35 and had a family to look after.

His stupidity has harmed his family and the other innocent victims in this crash.

He wouldn't be getting the same excuses if he wasn't a famous footballer or driving a Golf R or Focus RS.

Real sad situation, but people shouldn't be defending his actions.

2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Who is defending his actions?

3. Onefootwonder

Your post is excusing and defending his actions. There is loads elsewhere too.

There is no excuse flying off the road at 120mph and killing innocent people.

4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I’m not defending him at all.

5. Onefootwonder

You've defended him for "just" getting carried away a bit and made it sound as if everyone does these things.

You've excused him for being young(he is 35), living the dream and stated how his car is well equipped to be safe at those speeds.

I'm not sure how many more excuses and justifications you could fit into a few lines.

Sometimes people need to take responsibility for their actions. So far he's getting a very light ride and this sounds like nothing more than a freak accident.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I didn’t defend him, I gave my thoughts which is why I said “probably” just got carried away.

35 is young, again in my thoughts /opinion. That might be to do with my son being that age.

I imagine ( which is what I said) a Mercedes S class Brabus to be safer than a standard family saloon, brakes, impact protection etc. They used to be at the forefront of many new technologies & safety features brought into standard cars from their formula 1 innovations.
    Again that’s not defending his actions that’s what I think about the car.

When I said most would at some stage, again that’s not defending him, that’s the bit I’m most sure of though, I never said it was acceptable, but I do believe most would do it.

There’s no light ride about it, he’s dead & so is his cousin. People realise you can’t lock him up for it. The only ones to suffer now are the families & they will need to live with that knowledge. There will also be blame attached through an investigation.
    As I said earlier, it’s tragic. I didn’t say it was unavoidable or no one was to blame.

bagforlife likes this.
  7. Onefootwonder

The news reports are now saying the actual speed was closer to 150mph.

They also say the car hadn't been used for months and they suspect a tyre blow out due to incorrect pressures.

Sean-the-tim likes this.
  8. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

If you're driving at 150MPH you're an absolute lunatic. It'll more tough for the family now knowing that his death is because of his own carelessness and stupidity. Kids will grow up without a father because of his selfish actions. That's before you even talk about his cousin who also died.

9. Onefootwonder

I'm on a lot of car forums a lot of people think 150mph isn't that fast. Lots of cars and bikes can easily do 150mph there days.

A bit of perspective how fast 150mph really is was found when BRAKE did trials. Between drivers identifying an issue and touching the brake pedal was 1.5 seconds.

At 150mph you are travelling 67 meters per second. 1.5 seconds means you will travel 100 meters(The same length as a football pitch) before you've even touched the brake.

How many people are driving looking a full football pitch in advance? Next to nobody.

The actual stopping distance for 150mph is calculated at being around 380 meters.

10. Maestro 08

I don't know what forums you're on but I would say most people would think 150mph is fast, very fast. Do F1 cars not do about 200mph.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

150mph. That's mental. Complete disregard for anyone. That's not giving the car a we go on the motorway with nobody about. No defending that. Lunatic.

Artorias likes this.
  12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Yeah it is fast but in an S Class Brabus what 700/800bhp you would get there very quickly and with it being an S Class you still would feel like you're cruising.

Regardless only himself to blame for one the upkeep of the car because yes these cars in general are safe to do these speeds but only when they are maintained fully.

Had he had the blow out at 70mph then more than likely live to tell the tale.

But aye I'm not advocating doing these speeds unless on an autobahn or something.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Onefootwonder

They do a bit faster than that. They'll do about 220mph on some of the current tracks.

However they are driven by most of the best drivers in the world with skills way beyond the average man. It's also in a controlled environment of a race track where everyone knows everyone is racing and aware other people will be going fast. There shouldn't be any unexpected incidents.

An F1 driver is unbelievably fit and can also handle huge forces. F1 cars stop much faster than road cars with 5G of force.

They are the height of engineering too. Not just Dave maintaining his car on a shoestring budget and not fitting the best of quality parts.

14. Maestro 08

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. All I said is I think most people think 150mph is fast and used an F1 car as a comparison of how fast. I.e really * fast. Don't know where ur going with this. Read again.

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Good post and all, but this just cracked me up :giggle1:

Appreciate the heads up that the showpiece of the billion dollar industry that is F1 requires a bit more than a routine service every 10,000 miles or so :giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Onefootwonder

A lot of people don't think that 150mph is that fast. Some are hoping that the UK raises speed limits significanly or remove them on motorways.

17. Onefootwonder

It was more of a joke. I should have put a smiley.

Half the folk on the road have zero interest in their cars. They don't do the most basic checks and put off, or ignore, getting safety issues repaired.

Even most of the people who think they are good drivers aren't.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    King of Kings likes this.
  18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeh man, even in my rudimentary understanding of F1 it’s clear to see the cars are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with current tech. Not a huge fan of the sport from a spectator POV, but there’s no doubt that the people in the engineering times will be of the highest calibre, and are effectively at the front line of research as far as petrol motors and aeronautics go.

19. Buster

Princess Di

Jose Reyes

These Mercedes S Class aren't really worth a *