1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Tbf Amido Balde could walk into the current Man Utd side and be their top scorer.

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Thank you.

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He has the potential to be, same as KT.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Not a * chance in * would the club accept 15 million for KT.

Jeremie Frimpong and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  5. saltire78

Can't believe I'm about to defend this, but he was right about those guys... van dijk and Larsson finished up here because we took opportunities when they'd had injuries and no-one else was prepared to back them. Wanyama was very raw and unfinished and we developed him and smoothed out some seriously rough edges, just like forster... we don't OWE any of these guys * ALL for playing for us. At the very moment we got them they weren't bigger than us, and we should be aware of that.

However, the concept that we are bigger than ANY player NOW? Egotistical conceit on an epic scale...

Dazzler86 and MacEwan like this.
  6. Jeremie Frimpong

We are absolutely bigger than any individual player; we always have been, and always will be. Celtic is a religion for many of us.

Players might outgrow the Scottish game, but Celtic will still be adored by millions when they have long been forgotten.

JML67, JC Anton, Seán Mac D and 9 others like this.
  7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I thought this was the David Turnbull thread? Don't think I have seen his name mentioned in the last 2 pages. Amido Balde has been mentioned more than him for * sake!

8. Celticbhoy97

Pay the money Celtic, we get the most exciting prospect in the League and the money we spend gets pumped straight back into one of the best producers of Scottish talent the Motherwell academy

Win Win if you ask me

Creativecelt likes this.
  9. clonbhoy

I'm not sure he is good enough, but I said the same about McGinn last summer. If he is good enough, don't let the same thing happen again.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  10. saltire78

The lad could be picked up for about 2.5m and be done in a day. He's a full international, a quality talent and with us he'd be brought to peak development and profile. No way we lose money on him... stop * around and do it, or admit we don't want him and move on...

11. saltire78

That's the point... Celtic are a religion TO US... but we're exceedingly becoming less relevant to others, and therefore they are bigger than us, because people don't give a *. The players we develop mostly want to move onwards and 'upwards'. Only we real fans appreciate what a * joy this club is... To the outside world we're like a cult, not a religion.

* them all! Their loss! The suttons, hartsons, larssons and the like who really get it understand. But, it's like peddling truth to the blinded in the modern game. The folk running the game have got everything * up...

Dazzler86 likes this.
  12. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    How the bulls have turned

13. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

In all honesty this is very much so like the mcginn Saga all over again. Admittedly I haven't seen loads of Turnbull but he certainly seems a decent player. We have to accept teams in Scotland are not going to let there better players go for pennies.

Looking at the season mcginn has had down south I think we can all agree we missed a decent player there. One that could have freshened up the team and added something.

Let's not make the same mistake this season. If the club feel he is good enough to make a mark on the starting 11 get it paid. We can then look for our next target.

One thing is for sure, if we pay the £3M for Turnbull and we sell one of our current midfielders we more than likely end up in profit again.

We should be all over anything that appears to be exceptional talent in Scotland. Whilst the national team is struggling some amazing players have still come out of Scotland over the years. We should be making sure we get at this stage of there career.

clonbhoy likes this.
  14. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Was talking to a Motherwell fan yesterday who said this boy is something special. I hope Celtic pay the money and get this one over the line. We could buy him and loan him back or something but my feeling is we should definitely go get him

15. apevrak

Turnbull looks like a talented lad, but a new midfielder should be low on the priority list when the window opens. Money better spent elsewhere.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. clonbhoy

Yeah, we shouldn't be letting it happen again. If this lad is good enough it should be tied up as quickly as possible.
    I couldn't disagree more. As it stands, we have only one midfielder guaranteed a start and he is arguably the only one of European quality. The best way to improve a squad is to improve your starting eleven and our midfield definitely needs improving.

17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    When you consider there is a good chance Ntcham is away, and possibly Rogic as well, and I don't know if Christie will be back in time for the qualifiers, a midfielder may well be required. Yes, a RB ad CB are the essential ones, but we also have to be looking at picking up talent in whatever position if it becomes available.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  18. apevrak

Rogic, CalMac, Christie (if fit), Young Hendo, Ntcham are all attacking minded midfielders who can do a job in the qualifiers. Spending £3m on a player who's going to be 3 or 4 in the midfield pecking order is not what I call good business when we don't have a RB, only two quality CBs and one quality LB. We should sort those positions out first and I hope/predict that would take a huge chunk of the transfer budget.

Until then it's just rumours. Ntcham and Rogic is under contract for three and four years so they are the least of my worries right now.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And the two of them are just off the back of a * season, on a personal level.

We definitely need a midfielder.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Just get him in, the lads got a lot of potential and comparing the money 'Well want compared to what we paid for Hendry there's no way this lad can be worse..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.