1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Groundhog Day in here.

Let's get rid of one our major game changers :43:

We were struggling to find a way to get through Aberdeen's defence on title winning day, who came up with a brilliant run and header? A guy whose legs are gone.

We needed a goal badly in the Cup final, who came up with a world class headed assist? A guy who shites it in big games.

Need to catch a grip in here. If we don't sign him for another two years it'll be a huge concern regarding the sense of proportion and purpose of the club.

For sure it would be great to sign a RB who is better but if everyone wants rid of Toljan, Gamboa and don't think Ralston is better than Lustig and we also need two CBs and a back up for KT then who on earth do you think Lenny is?

We've just had the disaster that was Congerton and now you want Lenny to sign 2 RBs better than Lustig, and 3 other defenders, 2 who are as good as Ajer and Jozo. Better than Izzy is a reasonable request and should have been done 2 years ago.

You can't say he's going to be a * manager then hit him with a shopping list like that, almost like you're dying to find a way to say 'see I told you he wasn't up to the job.' Did Rodgers sign that many good defender in 2 1/2 seasons? But Lenny's got to do it in his first window.

Plus Lenny's first statement regarding new signing is an out and out striker.

Plus if you're going to say he shat it against the huns cause he faked an injury then don't go on to say his legs are * rendering him useless :56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  2. Heb Celt

2 years reeks of helping a pal out.Love lustig,still a player there but only on a squad rotation basis.A year deal with a reduced salary would be the sensible offer surely.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's one of our major game changers..

His legs are * rendering him useless..

If we don't sign him for another 2 year's it'll be a huge concern..

Swervedancer trying to argue with people and ends up arguing with his self again..

Pablo87 and Pearse67* like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

“World class assist” in the final :56:

He was heading the ball clear and luckily it fell to Eddy who caught the Hearts defence sleeping. If Lustig had intended it, it would have been exceptional. But he didn’t.

He’s a game changer alright. Changed both games against AEK when his lack of mobility prevented him from blocking two crosses which both led to goals for them.

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If you can't see he meant that assist then I think your conviction he has to go is blinding you. He's an incredibly skilful player.

Regarding Athens, I never said he was perfect. I agree he should be back up but finding someone better than him is going to be tough, look at Gamboa and Dortmund player Toljan, they couldn't do it. Ralston isn't ready. And poor Hendry jeez oh, surely that's enough red flags to make folk pause for thought?

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Said a while ago that an extension makes sense, if he stays as back up. Trying to get two decent right backs in one window might be a tough ask. We definitely need a new first choice there.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nah it’s not blinding me. He headered a ball clear and it thankfully resulted in putting Eddy through. Think it’s pretty clear that we just got a stroke of luck there.

If we have competent scouts it won’t be tough finding a better right back. The guy can barely move when he’s asked to defend. It’s painful.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The alarm bells are ringing already.

Marie likes this.
  9. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Didn’t realise how good Lustig was until I’d seen the * we’d signed to replace him

Keep him until we get someone better.

10. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How many goals did we concede after Lenny took over and Lustig became a regular?

It was an assist, look closlier.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

12. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Are we just going to ignore both games at ipox where he went off injured but made the next games no problem.
    The fact he got turned inside out constantly before he went off??
    The fact most teams press his side because he is the weak link?

Come on lads, I like the guy too. But his time here is done.

Slaw, Keano88 and McChiellini.. like this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seán Mac D likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Really? Look at it from the view behind, he knew exactly what he was doing.

There’s enough things to criticise him for without making * up.

As long as he’s on a low wage I’d be delighted with this.

15. Damnati

Definitely think it was an intended assist. Maybe didn't know exactly where Edouard was but at the very least he was putting the ball into an area where it could be attacked.

I think Lustig is an important squad member so I'm happy for him to stay but I hope we sign a good athletic full back with potential to be the first pick.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, that’s what I think, he was trying to put it in behind the defence in a dangerous area. Eddy was switched on enough go pounce on it.

Gyp Rosetti and Damnati like this.
  17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s rank * rotten. Any game in Europe he’s made to look like a wee guy training with the first team.

18. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If you can’t tell that was a headed pass you’re struggling doofy.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I wouldn't be totally against him sticking around as backup, if it is on a reduced wage. He'll be one of our top earners and I don't think he offers enough to warrant that as it stands. Good enough as back up though, and it means we just need to fnd 1 RB this window rather than 2.

I very much doubt AIK will be offering anything like what we have been paying him either, so I wouldn't be surpised if he would accept a lower wage to remain part of the club.

20. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    * me sideways, do we want to progress as a club or stay were we are? 1 year deal to Izzy, 2 to Lustig and maybe re sign Hooper? * Lustig is * and arguing that he isn't you are blind, oh he has one good game so he's not pish again he's good back up blah blah * blah he's been pish for 2 * years!!! He gets * rinsed by anyone with a slight bit of directness and pace and when push comes to shove he either boots them, goes down like a * or wants subbing off! Even as a backup we are a man down on the right because he's flagging or doesn't want to come forward because he's aware he wont be able to get back. We are not a charity for older players Lustig does not offer us anything bar experience and we have enough of that, better that we sign a new starting right back and a younger one to play in the backup games, * me you do not need experience to play against St Mirren if the squad is rotated properly.

We need to step away from the old pals act and sign some * quality, even as a backup do people think he's gonna stay on a low wage? He's a Sweden international he wont say "Oh aye go on then Peter ill stay for 5K a week" if he's offered a deal it will be on decent money, money we can be reinvesting into signing a much better right back and a new backup right back one which actually gets up and down the park. We already have a number of old heads and experienced in the dressing room to offer guidance to our younger players such as Brown, Gordon, Hayes ect we dont need

Lustig is a modern day icon at us, he has given us many years of great service and in his day he was one of our best players and he should be welcomed back in the future with opens arms, he clearly loves the club and is a top guy but all said and done we are in the business of winning and we need to be looking beyond Lustig for that he has had his day let him move on.