1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. chukie ar la

Oh * where do you start, there are so many different aspects.
    Sometimes people’s brains can’t cope with a reality or someone’s view on reality.
    So they reject it with an automatic aggression, instead of having the mental strength to keep calm and respond in a civilised manner.

2. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

You must have some extensive knowledge of the human brain

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't question my mental health ya wee shitehawk

4. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    1 Neil Lennon * the haters.

Mince.Charming and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

What if the person who thinks they are dealing in reality and accuses others of having mental health problems, is in actual fact a judgemental cockwomble, and the supposed person with mental health problems is actually fine but just doesn't suffer fools gladly?

6. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Mic Drop.

Lilac Wine and Sean Daleer like this.
  8. Jeremie Frimpong

Hehe.

Clever. :grntongue

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC Football Club is delighted to announce that Neil Lennon has been confirmed as the new manager of Celtic on a 12-month rolling contract.

Neil has been connected to Celtic for a number of years, having excelled as both a player and as manager. He made 304 appearances for the club in a playing career which included five Scottish Premier League titles, four Scottish Cups, two League Cups and a UEFA Cup final appearance in Seville in 2003.

Neil has already enjoyed a very successful spell as Celtic manager from 2010 to 2014, where he guided the club to three Scottish Premier League titles and two Scottish Cup wins, as well as qualifying for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League twice, once reaching the last 16 of European football’s greatest club tournament after a famous win against FC Barcelona.

Neil took over from Brendan Rodgers in February of this year in an interim role and secured the club’s eighth successive Premiership title in May. And just last week his team sealed the unforgettable Treble Treble with a 2-1 win over Hearts in the Scottish Cup final.

John Kennedy will join Neil’s team as assistant manager, with Damien Duff also continuing in his role as first-team coach.

Neil said: “It is a massive honour to be named Celtic manager once again. I had always dreamed of returning to this role on a permanent basis and I am absolutely delighted to once again be part of one of the biggest and best clubs in the world - an institution which really does mean so much to me and one which has always been such a huge part of my life.

“When I was asked to take over in February, I felt it was my duty to do so. Celtic will always be my club and I wanted to help finish the job which had been started.

“I was delighted with the way the players stuck to their task and delivered another historic success, which is unlikely to ever be repeated. I was also delighted to receive such great support from our fans since returning, something for which I will be forever grateful.

“In the space of just a few weeks, Trophy Day at Celtic Park and securing the Treble Treble at Hampden are two of my greatest days in football. The energy, total commitment and passion from our supporters, the effort, the talent and desire from our players. It’s these qualities which make our club great and deliver such historic occasions.

“I want to be part of delivering more of these great days and great achievements and I look forward to working with the players, the staff and the fans to make this happen.”

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: “We’re delighted to name Neil as our new manager. Neil stepped up to the plate and answered our call in February, and in the difficult circumstances, played a huge part in delivering the treble to Celtic.

“We have known Neil as a player, captain, coach and manager. He has brought great success to Celtic in the past and we’re sure he’ll do so again in the future. He’s a Celtic man, a winner and someone we’re delighted again to have as part of the club.

“Neil has a great record in identifying players, and he has already been working hard in this area as we look to strengthen the squad this summer. We’re all looking forward to a positive future together.”

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Can he play right back?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Too late crow. Go away and regroup, come back stronger.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ok.

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Watching Neil win 10 in a row will be something else.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You need a preseason more than the players.

Rest up. It's all about those little percentages

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks.

17. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

nothing says 'Commitment' like a 12 month rolling contract

18. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Not being allowed to bring his own team in it seems, doesn't bode well folks. The biscuit tin is well and truly locked and secured. Player budget will come from sales (a percentage of sales that is) and whatever PL finds down his sofa. Get ready for a depressing season.

19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

* sigh *

20. clonbhoy

Brilliant!