1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    This. Personally, I need a break before the horror of the transfer window thread.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Irony overload on this.

So it's none of my business what you do with your personal time away from work but it's your business what Lennon does in his own personal time away from work?

Enlighten us how you know that he "showed up pished for training a few times"?

Given the guy had experienced multiple attempts on his life, multiple attacks in the street and at his workplace, threats against his family requiring them to live in a safe-house with a panic button straight to the local police station and walking about with a 24hr minder, is it any wonder if he turned to alcohol as a means to relax/escape?

Gabriel, StPauli1916 and Sean Daleer like this.
  3. jamiebhoy67

Aye a few of those attacks came because he was out in a pub though well considering I worked in one of they places I mentioned I seem him a lot look mate I'm.not here to argue I just think he should be careful in how he conducts himself.

Well considering hes always in the limelight being manager of Celtic u never get held to the same standard as you or me. Lennon is one if the bhoys though I'm sure it wont be disastrous he is the man whose deserves to get us the 10.

4. Jeremie Frimpong

Well, this is a Celtic forum; it would be near silent if we were to only discuss things that we can change.

5. rickyroma25

A lot of those guys have done good work and should have been in our thinking. Some may not have wanted to come here. Some might not have been suitable, but the least we should have done is approach them to find out what they're about. Seems we couldn't be bothered, and that's unforgivable for me.

6. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fair point.

:50:

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If I was Celtic manager I can't say I'd fancy going out to the local pub but I think we need to be careful about what we proscrib. If it's not affecting his ability to do his job and he isn't stoating about steaming, fighting with people and bringing the club into disrepute then it really shouldn't be our concern.

Gabriel, StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  8. jamiebhoy67

Nah I agree maybe I'm just looking too much into it but I know he likes a good drink

Seán Mac D likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Never has the saying "We are all Neil Lennon" been truer for a lot of us then :celtman2:

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. jamiebhoy67

Hahahaha well I always took it to mean we are all unrepentant unrelenting proud * * hahaha

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. Jeremie Frimpong

I will be the first to admit that my knowledge of football outside of Celtic is limited. Whether or not I can name a realistic alternative to Lennon is immaterial.

The board should have a knowledge of world football vastly superior to mine. It also has the means to establish whether an appointment is viable, which I, as a supporter, lack.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:56: That anawl!

13. rickyroma25

Agreed. Clearly our board don't have that knowledge. There's not a football man among them. The need for a DoF is so apparent.

Here's what our old head of scouting David Moss said

'I was at Celtic seven years and don't know what it stands for,' said Moss. 'The most successful clubs have a philosophy that drives their decision-making. Celtic need to appoint a director of football tomorrow.'

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  14. jamiebhoy67

Tbh my post was more about Lennon bringing his mate Gary back the guy offers nothing in football to us hes just a bevvy buddy hahaha

Seán Mac D likes this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    No.

My extensive analysis of talkceltic has given me major cause for concern.

I’m expecting long ball football. Izaguirre to Samaras will be the order of the day. We’ll rebuild the team around a bunch of British hammer-throwers like Forrest, McGregor and Christie. Probably throw in hatchet man Paddy Roberts in there for good measure.

The players will have to face up to the half-time hairdryer treatment irrespective of the performance. I can picture Broony sitting in the corner of the dressing room, bottom lip trembling as Lennon finally finishes tearing him to pieces. In the silence that follows a faint whisper of “B....b....Brendan never shouted at us” will be heard. At least they’ll all have a half time pint and chips (likely covered in tomato ketchup btw) to console themselves.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think if you're hiring a manager you need to let him bring in his own assistants. Foisting one upon them like Collins with Deila is always going to end in tears.

17. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Oh for fucksake what the * is a poll like this going to achieve after he has already been appointed. Is this just to give people another opportunity to whine, cry and be negative about Neil Lennon. Man up, be a real Celtic supporter and get behind the man for fucksake.

kinglenny and StPauli1916 like this.
  18. Markybhoy

19. Jeremie Frimpong

Nothing. Why should it achieve anything?

Yes, if they wish. Do you realise that you are on a forum?

I support the club by attending every game that I can, at great effort and expense, and backing the team during games, not by attempting to silence dissenting views on a forum.

Keano88 and The IRA like this.
  20. Paul McAuley

A few of them attacks came because he was out in pubs. Nothing to do with the anti Irish and anti Catholic culture that's alive and well in this country.

The guy is entitled to a pint like any * else. Absalote prickish thing to say.

Gabriel, StPauli1916 and Pogues like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.