1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minty1888

did he not start £2mill a year then signed a new contract for £2.5 mill a year basic?

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You could be right.

3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Well they won’t consider a candidate who hasn’t submitted their interest in the job will they?
    Because they aren’t a candidate.
    When you get out into the real world and have to work you’ll understand how that process works.

You telling anyone to grow up is a bit of a chuckle I must admit.
    You and your pal have done nothing but * the bumper pack of Pampers for the last two years regarding the management of our club.
    You’ll never be happy.
    It doesn’t matter what the club does, who they appoint or what they say - it’s never good enough for you.

You have also been asked who these better managers than Lennon are you think we should have approached and who would realistically take the job but you always fail to give an answer.

Grow up indeed

4. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Im satisfied with the Lennon appointment.

To be fair I wanted back after Deila. But we went and surprised everyone when we landed Rodgers.

I wouldnt say Lennon is quite on the same level tactically. But realistically the only reason we landed a manager of Rodgers' standing was that he was a Celtic man and it was an ambition of his to manage our club.

Benitez, Mourinho, Martinez....managers of that calibre were never going to be interested. 1 - Because its a * league with * teams in it 2 - The only way we get to the big stage of European Football is through 4 qualifying rounds (that shows the * standing of our league) and 3 - They can easily pick up bigger bucks doing a less pressurised job, we as a club do not pay well, but the demands on a manager are crazy

We're down to the last two seasons now of an incredible run. We need someone who knows the score to see us over the line, that is the first and most important priority. Neil Lennon is the man to do that, apart from re-appointing Rodgers.....no other manager knows what's expected, what he's supposed to do, and how to do it other than Neil Lennon

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    £2.5m a year

6. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Not sure about that, it’s easy enough to contact someones agent to see if they’re interested or not, one agent often represents multiple managers aswell. None of us really now how the process works but I would imagine it would be similar to player recruitment, some you have to pursue and some come to you.

Keano88 likes this.
  7. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Doesn't really matter if were satisfied or not. he's the manager now and deserves our full backing.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Pretty much this. I'm bored of this continuation of the 'Next permanent manager' thread.

9. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Again. They are not a candidate.
    Tesco don’t give a job to someone if they haven’t applied for it.
    If you apply you are a candidate.
    There is a very definite distinction between a candidate for a job and someone you approach.
    If they show no interest they aren’t a candidate.

10. jamiebhoy67

This is what I was fearful.of appointing Lennon as manager he was gonna bring his bevvy buddy he likes a good drink wee Lennon and I dont see how we can attract top players and get the best out of players if our management team are showing.up.half * or hungover how many times has he been photographed in a pub heraghtys pub in shawlands or jintys in Ashton lane constantly. Not like once a month its every weekend at some points

11. chukie ar la

When are we getting the bad news that Lennon officially signs the dotted line?

Sat probably, champions league final day.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  12. celtic warrior

Lennon is the man no matter what, he's been given the task of getting us to the 10 and if only for pure sentimental reasons there is no manager in the world I'd have over Lennon to achieve that, if anyone deserves to lift the 10th with us and enjoy the fan love in and adulation there is no one more fitting than Lennon.

Any ill feeling I have will never be aimed at Lennon, I will criticise his decisions from time to time, that's just what us football fans do, we are moany *. But any ill feeling is aimed squarely at the board.

The way Lawell said it was Lennon's no matter what happens means to me he did * all to actually look for anyone and just saw he was out of work and went for the convenience.

Love Lennon always will. But the board are just taking the * right now as it strongly suggests that once again we will not improve from a position of strength.

kinglenny likes this.
  13. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    But potential tesco employees don’t have agents who do their job searching and networking for them you really can’t compare the two. It’s probably a lot more like hiring an actor for a movie, you want a certain actor to play a certain part so you contact their agent. Maybe some apply for the part as well but I highly doubt the movie producers just sit back and wait for applications, there certainly must be a combination of the two.

Most big companies have “recruiters”, these people make a living by tracking down employees who would be a good candidate for a job, if they were only reviewing their applications they would be severely limiting the quality of new employees.

I really hope the hiring process for the most important position at the club is not the same as tesco looking for a new cashier :56:

Keano88 likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Ridiculous post.

"I don't see how we can attract top players" - 2 of the best players we have had in the last few decades and that are just about to play in a Champions League Final were brought in by Lennon

How often he does or doesn't drink alcohol is a complete irrelevance to his ability to do his job. Coming out with this 'holier than thou' pish is absolutely embarrassing. Do you drink after your working week?

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    .[/QUOTE]
    Funny you should mention Delia, he was being brought in to be Lennon’s number two and then got the gig when Lennon walked.

I wonder if Lawwell done the same thing and never entertained other managers or looked for someone better cause he had a cheap option ready to take the role on?

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Nut was still rooting for John Hughes

17. Jeremie Frimpong

Football clubs don't operate like that.

:giggle1:

18. Jeremie Frimpong

Here is a list of all the names I suggested or seconded, @Senna s1979:

Bordalás
    Clement
    Cocu
    Gallardo
    Garcia
    Jesus
    Jokanović
    Leko
    Milojević
    Potter
    Rose
    Seoane
    Setién
    Trpišovský
    Vrba
    Wagner

Senna s1979 likes this.
  19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

So you would have preferred Pete ran over the list of managers they would have preferred before Lenny .. I can just imagine the press and what some on here would be saying if he had done that :56:

20. jamiebhoy67

I feel like you've went very defensive I'm not saying it wont stop him signing players but surely being in the boozer 3 times a week is detrimental to your job as football coach in preaching a healthy athletic lifestyle??

What I do is irrelevant I'm not a manager of Celtic football club. And no actually my first point of call isnt a bevvy after a week of work its spending time with my mrs or going to see family I take a drink now and again but theres other aspects of life I choose to spend my time doing not that it's any of your business as I'm not a manager of a football team.

All im saying is last time Lennon was in charge I know for a fact he showed up pished for training a few times

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.