1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Rage has wore off. I’m fully behind him now

2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Same here.

Maybe not rage but disappointment has certainly subsided.

Definitely encouraging to see the players band around and praise him. And listening to big vic thank him for his guidance was refreshing too.

neilly1987, DJ CJ and Jeannie960 like this.
  3. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I love Neil and he has my backing 100%.

johnboy19, neilly1987 and Jeannie960 like this.
  4. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    All the hype of a high profile European manager got me excited.
    I was grateful that Neil took over to get us over the line...some of the football was drab.
    In hindsight, the players were running on empty,they were still trying to play the BR tippy tappy stuff from the back,which Neil was trying to change.
    I'm fully behind him now,he has an eye for a player,will be more direct in his tactics,will in still more passion on the park,will vary the play more with more crosses,knows the difficult parks/atmospheres that players will encounter AND (which was always a concern for me) as the new manager really understands what the club is about and feels the pain and jubilation like a supporter.
    Got yer back Neil!! HAIL HAIL

5. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The only real alternative would have been moyes or some unknown manager. AVB, Benitez or Mourinho were never going to come here, even someone like Bielsa would have commanded too much money.

6. chukie ar la

Imagine if Celtic were liquidated
    It takes us a few years for our tribute act to reach the top
    We are skint and have increasing debts and get by with loan players and cheap managers
    Rangers are rolling in CL cash have a 70,000 stadium and are selling players for huge profits
    9 and 10 in a row are touching distance for them, a real David and Goliath scene
    Then Rangers take Jonaton Johansson on as interim manager with an 8 point lead
    We see an opportunity and put in a good league run knowing they have no chance at parkhead with him.
    But they get a few last min goals and win the league. Our chance is gone.
    We expect Goliath to appoint a quality manager to get to the holy grail 10 in a row but they appoint Jonaton Johansson for two years.
    Not to difficult to see where this is going...
    Its a bit like Celtic getting to the champions league final, goes to penalties and we send on the kit man and physio to take our penalties and say, they deserve the chance for what they have done for the club.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:52:

8. Bunk Moreland

Of course the big difference here is that Jonatan Johansson hasn't won 4 league titles and 2 Scottish Cups in his previous spell in charge.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Didn't want Lennon in as manager at all after the initial excitement wore off after his arrival.

Fitba was atrocious, other than the Aberdeen game, but he won the games to take us to the Treble Treble.

If he takes the job, he will have my complete and utmost support - now is not the time to be grumbling about who we should have or who we should have got etc, Neil Lennon WILL he our new manager.

The players want him in, the board want him in, so should the fans now, and let's rally round and let him build his team again and let's go for this * TEN IN A ROW!!!!

HAIL HAIL :lenny1::treble::shamrock::ireland:

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    #JonnyHayes: “He [Lennon] has picked up where Brendan left off. I’ve got loads of Celtic fans in my family and they weren’t too pleased when Brendan moved to Leicester but he deserves a huge amount of credit for what he built here. John Kennedy has given us some continuity and Damien Duff also worked under Brendan for a short time and everyone has been a little ingredient in our recipe for success. I’ve said to him [Lennon] that he’s been great for me and brilliant for the team. His enthusiasm is infectious and it’s great to have him around the place. We’ve spoken about this in the dressing room but he probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves. We’ve played something like 180 games in the last three seasons and you don’t get to take your foot off the gas, so there is a bit of fatigue in our dressing room. As a result, some of our performances have probably looked a little lethargic and the manager has been getting the blame for that rather than the players. But when we haven’t been up to scratch, like in the recent defeat to Rangers at Ibrox, then it has been the players who have to shoulder the responsibility. The way we’ve trained has been identical to the great methods established by Brendan. The new gaffer has just continued with that, so any blame for the fact we’ve not been winning games 3-0 or 4-0 can be put down to the fact that some players – like Kieran Tierney, Callum McGregor and James Forrest – have been playing continuously for the last three years. Most of us get three weeks off. They get less. Then we’re back in for pre-season training and Champions League qualifiers. It’s a big ask and, especially towards the end of each season, fatigue shows. But we do have a good squad and it’s also a big one. Unfortunately, we’ve needed that because we’ve had a lot of injuries. However, we have a mini-break now and we’ll, hopefully, pick up where we left off once we come back. We know that we’ll have seven to 10 days of complete rest before we start working to the programme we’ll be given by the club to build ourselves up for these European ties in six weeks’ time. It has been a tough few months. It has not been about the triple Treble, even after we won the league. All we were thinking about was winning the next game and we had a couple of big ones before we could focus on the Cup Final. After my broken leg and the other injuries, I’m happy just to be out on the pitch, in whatever position is required. I feel like a schoolboy again. I just love playing football.”

#CelticSlovenia

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I also see Barcelona are going for Roberto Martinez.

Pretty much show’s where some of our fans heads were for the managers position

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm * off that the club don't disclose which managers did we try going for, or which expressed interest, themselves.

13. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Because it would make us look like diddies when we admit Paul Lambert, Malky Mackay, Owen Coyle, Steve Clarke and David Moyes applied amd/or knocked us back.
    And it does the current manager no favours

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I can’t believe I just read that. :56:

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Agree he was never coming here, but Barcelona * me gently.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Delete your account.

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It shows the real state of things, if those were the only names. Transparency should matter more than anything else.

18. Bunk Moreland

They wouldn't do that out of respect for the managers who expressed an interest but weren't considered. It would be unprofessional for a football club to come out and name names who didn't get the job. If you've noticed as well, Celtic don't talk about players they've been linked with in the media or comment on transfer speculation, we only announce done deals. That's the way a professional football club operates.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Or how someone hides things that are done against the interests of the fans and club. Such as penny-pinching. I have nothing against Lennon, but Celtic fans have the right to know who did the board talk to.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well buy a block of shares and ask at the AGM.