1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What must Lennon achieve?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, May 26, 2019.

Discuss What must Lennon achieve? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Won’t qualify for a work permit apparently to jan 2020

2. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    What he 'has' to achieve is surely nine and ten. Maybe another cup per season at least.

I'm personally hoping to see some of the young guys given a right good chance. I have mixed thoughts on how that will go seeing as how he took Henderson totally out the team twice after good performances, but he has obviously shown a lot of faith in Johnston and has given young Dembele a shot.

The pressure to get to nine and maybe ten might have a big say in how he gives the boys a chance.

I really like the look of Henderson and I don't want Johnston loaned out. Regular games here will see him be more consistent imo.

He must achieve a settled back line.

After the dust has settled on the appointment I look forward to the new season.

HH

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

How's that?

4. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Truth is I am a bag of nerves, the lady and gentleman next to me to my left yesterday had to ask if I was ok I was so nervous.

We had to do it any way we could yesterday 3 x 3 sends the rest of this * hole into a summer of stupor, had we lost there would have been calls for a national holiday.

I want revenge for the cheating, I want revenge for the days of celebration that I should have had with my long since deceased father. Days I should have had that I’ll never get back.

I’ll be totally honest, it’s not about football for me anymore. It’s about stuffing it right to the large populace of this country who see nothing wrong with cheating, who sit in silence as vile chants ring round about child abuse, whose anti catholic sentiment runs to their core. They celebrate that through a football team. They use that as their public voice.

I want my football team to permanently shut them up.

It’s a mission that I will ever give up on.

The Rebel Treble is another piece of history that they couldn't touch with their first team and they’ll never even remotely sniff with their new lot of *.

10 will crush them.

That’s Neil’s task. Who better to do it? A man who was physically attacked repeatedly, bullets and bombs sent to him. His family under protection. All of these actions excused by the gutter trash media who pander to animals who wander this land thinking they are a superior race.

10 is the task
    Everything & anything else is a bonus.

Artorias, Ipswichbhoy67 and Rydo1888* like this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not enough caps or proof that they will enhance the league since they have never played professional

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Never knew that. Makes the signing even more bizarre.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    This:notworthy

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Win the next 2 titles for 10 in a row, revamp the squad by bringing in quality and using the youth, get us back into the Champions league for next season or the season after. Don't care about any of the domestic cups for the next 2 seasons just play the fringe players. Lastly put the huns back in their box and kill any hope they now have that Lennon got the job.

9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    In the next two seasons ..
    Two titles (non negotiable)
    1 more Scottish cup, 1 more league cup
    1 CL qualification
    To improve the value of our squad ( buy players who increase in value as well as perform on the pitch)
    Bring through MJ , Hendo and Dembele

neilly1987 likes this.
  10. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    IMO Lenny can only be judged on what he gets to work with. Think it's more the question of what the board do between now and the end of the window. Squad has been in decline since last summer and so have performances. Should be crushing the huns hope right now but having to play half fit players and playing players out of position because of a lack of funding is criminal.

I wanted a "sexy name" but mainly because that would mean a promise of decent spend in the window. Pray to * we dont get more downsizing and banners covering empty seats like under ronny.

Bare minimum I expect for Lenny is to demand resources to strengthen and replace in key areas and then deliver 9 and 10. If he doesn't get backed well I'm afraid that's on PL.

I'm not one to ever condone us spending money we don't have but considering the huns seem * bent to drive themselves to the brink of bankruptcy to stop 10iar, surely if theres a point in our recent cash rich history where serious funds needs to be spent its now. We are threadbare and that's before an unexpected bid comes in for a cal mac, a jamesy or a KT(although he's going nowhere:shamrock:
    )
    100% behind lenny to deliver if he gets the help he needs :lenny1::treble:

Westlondonscot likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

9 in a row is his minimum requirement.

Champions League qualification over and above that would be huge.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think he's got a bit of a raw deal based on his second spell. Parachuted in to take over someone else's team was always going to be difficult. I'm confident we'll be a different beast next season after he's had a summer to put his own stamp on the squad.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  13. Hadouken

The Quadreble.

14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The treble treble is great... but * the cups.

I'd rotate the squad and have the kids and fringe players play these games. Our first team players need properly rested the next two seasons.

All that matters is the 10.

Sevco and sheep are welcome to the cups as far as im concerned.

We should be focusing on another titke and CL football.

A title and CL group stage from Lenny and I'll be delighted.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The league is, of course, an absolute must. But I feel in his first season he has to either get CL, or at least EL, group stage football OR the league cup to get the doubters on side.

Can you imagine what the fall out is going to be like for him if we get pumped out of europe early doors then flop in the cup? Especially if that shower happen to win their first ever silverware. Normally I'd much rather have the Scottish cup, but I think the league cup, from a psychological point of view, is more important next season.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with most of what you're saying @LectersLuncheon but I stop at welcoming Sevco to the cups :56:

I agree we should give our youth players a chance in the cups, particularly in the earlier rounds. That said Lennon gave Biton (21), Rogic (20), & McGeoch (20) a start against Morton then we ended up going out of the League Cup.

Given the strength of feeling against Lennon in some quarters I can only imagine the bedlam if he was to give the likes of Johnston, Ralston, Henderson or Okoflex a chance in the cup and we went out.

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Complete the ten and do not get beaten by the zombies....ever

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  18. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The quadreble ideally, and as long as we replace players going out with same or better quality then it’s definitely achievable.

For me though it’s all about the 10, as long as we win the league I’ll be happy enough.

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think he has a high bar set
    After the past 3 seasons he will be crucified if he doesn't get at least 1 Cup a season. Fans will say "told you Lenny was *". He can rotate the squad and rest when we get lower teams but he can't just put a duff team out.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  20. Lancashire Nick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    The minimum requirement is 10 in a Row, everything else is negotiable and dependent on the budget he's given.

I'd love a few more Trebles, I'd love to progress to the CL knockout stages, I'd love to win every Glasgow Derby against the Tribute Act, I'd love to win the next 5 League titles to reach 55; but we MUST win the league for AT LEAST the next two season.

Liam Scales likes this.